Harvard Waitlist 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
swampthang

Bronze

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2010

Post by swampthang » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:48 am

Unitas wrote:
swampthang wrote:12 = my lucky number. Maybe this guy will call my phone telling me I've won the pot of gold at the end of the Crimson rainbow. And that I can try some of his Lucky Charms.
I am pretty sure you've already been counted in the initial count.

Back to 11. A lot of the early members of this thread just don't seem to post on TLS anymore.
Sadness! I was really excited about being #12. And excited/terrified when I discovered that Lucky Charms costume.

someones alt

Bronze

Post by someones alt » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:42 pm

I was really expecting to get a rejection email sometime this morning since it will be August after the weekend is over. Guess we're still safe for the moment.

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:53 pm

someones alt wrote:I was really expecting to get a rejection email sometime this morning since it will be August after the weekend is over. Guess we're still safe for the moment.
I wished they had done something with the WL by now. I think they are the only school who hasn't done anything to let us know... Most of the rest have trimmed their WL already or at least let applicants know something.

neimanmarxist

Bronze

Post by neimanmarxist » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:14 pm

someones alt wrote:I was really expecting to get a rejection email sometime this morning since it will be August after the weekend is over. Guess we're still safe for the moment.
Well TBF there's still the whole afternoon left to get rejected. :? I thought the bloodbath was a Friday afternoon thing? Like high tea, Harvard-style.
unitas wrote:I wished they had done something with the WL by now. I think they are the only school who hasn't done anything to let us know... Most of the rest have trimmed their WL already or at least let applicants know something.
Meh. I'm happy to float along on a cloud of utterly false hope. But that's just me.

Amelie

Silver

Post by Amelie » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:27 pm

Withdrew from the waitlist today after being accepted to Stanford on Monday. Good luck to y'all still waiting, I think there will probably be a few more acceptances.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

neimanmarxist

Bronze

Post by neimanmarxist » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:58 pm

Congrats Amelie!

edited to add: I bet the spot at SLS was that guy that got off the waitlist for YLS :?

roundabout

Bronze

Post by roundabout » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:12 am

Congrats Amelie!

someones alt

Bronze

Post by someones alt » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:04 am

Withdrew from the waitlist, gl to those remaining

swampthang

Bronze

Post by swampthang » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:54 am

someones alt wrote:Withdrew from the waitlist, gl to those remaining
Congrats for doing what we all wish we could. So census is back to 10? Has anyone else asked Harvard High Command 1. how many people are still on the WL?, 2. when they expect to drop the big axe? I've asked both of these point-blank with nothing remotely resembling a direct answer in reply.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dawson1234

New

Post by dawson1234 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:23 am

swampthang wrote:
someones alt wrote:Withdrew from the waitlist, gl to those remaining
Congrats for doing what we all wish we could. So census is back to 10? Has anyone else asked Harvard High Command 1. how many people are still on the WL?, 2. when they expect to drop the big axe? I've asked both of these point-blank with nothing remotely resembling a direct answer in reply.
let's be real, there are 28 people checking this thread right now. there are a lot more than 10 on the waitlist. I do hope they start rejecting soon though so I can cry my way to chicago already...

Jrugg88

New

Post by Jrugg88 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:28 am

Consider that some people with an interest in this thread are not on the Harvard waitlist, but rather are hoping that movement on the Harvard waitlist cascades down to their choice school...

swampthang

Bronze

Post by swampthang » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:33 am

^^
Both good points. dawson1234, I certainly expect there to be >>>10 people on the HLS WL; in my mind, at least 100. However, the only figure I have right now is what our census has revealed and that's all I was referencing.

Jrugg88, thanks for pointing out the hopes for a Crimson chain-reaction. Astute observation and best of luck with Columbia.

neimanmarxist

Bronze

Post by neimanmarxist » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:38 am

Sorry, can you actually ascertain that there are 28 people directly viewing this thread, or just looking at this forum? I didn't know you could tell how many people were viewing a thread.

If it's just a jump in view count (28) consider that there's a number of obsessive people that check it regularly since there's a conversation going on here. Like some type a lunatics, that have looked five times since someone's alt announced his decision (good luck, Someones! )

Also don't forget the dozens of people who lurk + mindlessly troll threads in the endless wait for five o'clock to roll around. Net intrigue of Harvard Waitlist Thread >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Net intrigue of watching the assistant at the desk next to you pick her earwax.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:43 am

neimanmarxist wrote:Sorry, can you actually ascertain that there are 28 people directly viewing this thread, or just looking at this forum? I didn't know you could tell how many people were viewing a thread.

If it's just a jump in view count (28) consider that there's a number of obsessive people that check it regularly since there's a conversation going on here. Like some type a lunatics, that have looked five times since someone's alt announced his decision (good luck, Someones! )

Also don't forget the dozens of people who lurk + mindlessly troll threads in the endless wait for five o'clock to roll around. Net intrigue of Harvard Waitlist Thread >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Net intrigue of watching the assistant at the desk next to you pick her earwax.
Heck, I've probably checked it 10 - 15 times today... It is a matter of seconds to check it on my cell phone. (A lot of us are expecting a large sword to come down on the WL soon, so with every message we assume it is the first to get the e-mail.)

I would randomly guess the waitlist has 100-300 people on it. Probably closer to the middle given my random guessing. :lol:

neimanmarxist

Bronze

Post by neimanmarxist » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:46 am

conclusion: there are only 3 people on the waitlist, and we're all going to get into Harvard!! !!! !!!!

I hope it's not too late to find something to rent in Cambridge.:mrgreen:

swampthang

Bronze

Post by swampthang » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:04 am

neimanmarxist wrote:conclusion: there are only 3 people on the waitlist, and we're all going to get into Harvard!! !!! !!!!

I hope it's not too late to find something to rent in Cambridge.:mrgreen:
Didn't they say student housing is usually available even for WL admits? Omg, I'm so excited to be back in a dorm again!!

clintonius

Silver

Post by clintonius » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:51 am

As someone with nothing to lose, I gave a call to the JD admissions office, and they said the class is currently full. I didn't ask how many people were left on the WL, but I suppose the fact that the class is full should be of some help to some people.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

dawson1234

New

Post by dawson1234 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:51 pm

swampthang wrote:^^
Both good points. dawson1234, I certainly expect there to be >>>10 people on the HLS WL; in my mind, at least 100. However, the only figure I have right now is what our census has revealed and that's all I was referencing.

Jrugg88, thanks for pointing out the hopes for a Crimson chain-reaction. Astute observation and best of luck with Columbia.
this is true, I am probably underestimating the tls trolling that goes on. let's pretend there really are 10 of us and everyone else is just following the dreadful plight of the waitlisted!

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:18 pm

Rejections coming. I am actually relieved my cycle is finally over and I am happy.

swampthang

Bronze

Post by swampthang » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:25 pm

Unitas wrote:Rejections coming. I am actually relieved my cycle is finally over and I am happy.
Rejections have been coming since September. The question is when. But I agree that I'll be glad to have the book closed.

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:26 pm

swampthang wrote:
Unitas wrote:Rejections coming. I am actually relieved my cycle is finally over and I am happy.
Rejections have been coming since September. The question is when. But I agree that I'll be glad to have the book closed.
Haha, I got my rejection letter a little over an hour ago. Sorry it wasn't clear. Am I really the only one?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

neimanmarxist

Bronze

Post by neimanmarxist » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:28 pm

sorry unitas but glad you are at peace with it.
was it snail mail or e-mail? I'm bracing myself. I can't say I won't be bummed. :|

Wouldugo

New

Post by Wouldugo » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:28 pm

I was rejected today also. By email

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:29 pm

neimanmarxist wrote:sorry unitas but glad you are at peace with it.
was it snail mail or e-mail? I'm bracing myself. I can't say I won't be bummed. :|
E-mail. I have no complaints as HLS was great about everything.

Sorry wouldugo.
Last edited by Unitas on Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Proximity

New

Post by Proximity » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:35 pm

The hammer's finally come down for me. Just got rejected by email.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”