Yale Waitlist 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Yale Waitlist 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:18 pm

adameus wrote:
chanchito wrote:I wish! are you waitlisted here too?


no, I didn't apply. I think mostly cause I didn't want to go there and so why put myself through would probably would have been a rejection. If you don't want to date scarlett johanson, why ask her out?


So that you can tell everyone that you went out with her. :wink:

User avatar
adameus
Posts: 719
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Yale Waitlist 2010

Postby adameus » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:14 pm

CardinalRules wrote:
adameus wrote:
chanchito wrote:I wish! are you waitlisted here too?


no, I didn't apply. I think mostly cause I didn't want to go there and so why put myself through would probably would have been a rejection. If you don't want to date scarlett johanson, why ask her out?


So that you can tell everyone that you went out with her. :wink:


or in your case so that you can tell everyone she said yes but then you shot her down, cause you prefer to date her while still very hot, slightly less attractive friend.

User avatar
chanchito
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:06 pm

Re: Yale Waitlist 2010

Postby chanchito » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:53 pm

Hey have you guys received the waitlist letter in the mail? I haven't. Maybe my waitlist was a mistake :(

Kretzy
Posts: 1431
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:11 pm

Re: Yale Waitlist 2010

Postby Kretzy » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:59 pm

chanchito wrote:Hey have you guys received the waitlist letter in the mail? I haven't. Maybe my waitlist was a mistake :(


No. For context, I got my CLS acceptance very quickly (day 2 of accepting) and I live in Colorado. Though I've already withdrawn, I'll let y'all know when I get the letter!

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Yale Waitlist 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:25 am

Kretzy wrote:
chanchito wrote:Hey have you guys received the waitlist letter in the mail? I haven't. Maybe my waitlist was a mistake :(


No. For context, I got my CLS acceptance very quickly (day 2 of accepting) and I live in Colorado. Though I've already withdrawn, I'll let y'all know when I get the letter!


Wait, you never got your acceptance package from Columbia? :shock: For the record, I never got anything from Yale in the mail.

Kretzy
Posts: 1431
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:11 pm

Re: Yale Waitlist 2010

Postby Kretzy » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:27 am

CardinalRules wrote:
Kretzy wrote:
chanchito wrote:Hey have you guys received the waitlist letter in the mail? I haven't. Maybe my waitlist was a mistake :(


No. For context, I got my CLS acceptance very quickly (day 2 of accepting) and I live in Colorado. Though I've already withdrawn, I'll let y'all know when I get the letter!


Wait, you never got your acceptance package from Columbia? :shock: For the record, I never got anything from Yale in the mail.


No, all my CLS stuff came quite quickly (I didn't withdraw until early this month). I meant that I haven't yet gotten my YLS wait list letter, and since I generally have gotten my correspondence quickly, I'd let folks know when it comes.

pleasepickme
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:58 am

Re: Yale Waitlist 2010

Postby pleasepickme » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:23 pm

I'm in here too! I'll ride this one til July, I think.

pleasepickme
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:58 am

Re: Yale Waitlist 2010

Postby pleasepickme » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:51 pm

I'm hopeful on this thread, because Asha's blog said that most of their waitlist movement is shortly after their deposit deadline, so at least by June, I can probably count myself out. Less time spent holding my breath is a very good thing in my mind.

User avatar
chanchito
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:06 pm

Re: Yale Waitlist 2010

Postby chanchito » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:48 pm

do you have the link to that blog?
Thanks!

User avatar
chanchito
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:06 pm

Re: Yale Waitlist 2010

Postby chanchito » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:21 pm

Oh I see now. I didn't know there was a new entry! :oops:

"I would say that usually our class is stable by the end of May."
That's so soon! But I won't stop hoping until the end!

lucille
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:41 am

Re: Yale Waitlist 2010

Postby lucille » Sat May 01, 2010 6:57 pm

I just posted this elsewhere, but figured it's relevant here too...

Looking at LSN, which I know isn't a scientific sample, it appears that Yale is not getting the yield it has had in the past.

I compared the last 4 years of application cycles, and, as of a few minutes ago, YLS already has 2x the amount of acceptances withdraw than in any other cycle since 2006-07 (27% of the 45 acceptances, vs. 10%, 12%, and 13% in the three previous years, respectively).

For purposes of comparison, HLS has not had a similar spike this year, and looking through individual users, it looks like most people who passed on YLS chose Stanford instead.

Hopefully this means some extra movement from the waitlist this year. Thoughts?

User avatar
chanchito
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:06 pm

Re: Yale Waitlist 2010

Postby chanchito » Sat May 01, 2010 10:51 pm

hopefully that means that we are closer to 20 admits from waitlist rather than 0!!!

still, I feel like I am getting excited for nothing :| Even if they did choose 20, that is 1/5 and the people on the waitlist are pretty amazing.

User avatar
highprofessionalism
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:22 pm

Re: Yale Waitlist 2010

Postby highprofessionalism » Sun May 02, 2010 2:33 pm

chanchito wrote:hopefully that means that we are closer to 20 admits from waitlist rather than 0!!!

still, I feel like I am getting excited for nothing :| Even if they did choose 20, that is 1/5 and the people on the waitlist are pretty amazing.


It's okay. I think there are probably many of us with you, getting excited every time another Yale acceptee's "W" shows up on LSN. Well, I'm there with you anyway. :wink:

Here's hoping for movement soon! After all, it is May 3rd tomorrow...

Lysis
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:10 pm

Re: Yale Waitlist 2010

Postby Lysis » Sun May 02, 2010 3:21 pm

highprofessionalism wrote:
chanchito wrote:hopefully that means that we are closer to 20 admits from waitlist rather than 0!!!

still, I feel like I am getting excited for nothing :| Even if they did choose 20, that is 1/5 and the people on the waitlist are pretty amazing.


It's okay. I think there are probably many of us with you, getting excited every time another Yale acceptee's "W" shows up on LSN. Well, I'm there with you anyway. :wink:

Here's hoping for movement soon! After all, it is May 3rd tomorrow...


+1. I'm getting psyched about HLS, but I have to admit that I still had a dream (literally, last night) about Yale. Anything could happen, right?

User avatar
ToriM
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:31 pm

Re: Yale Waitlist 2010

Postby ToriM » Sun May 02, 2010 3:31 pm

Blog post said most waitlist decisions are made on or around May 3rd right? So, good luck this week y'all, cause you never know! ;)

User avatar
highprofessionalism
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:22 pm

Re: Yale Waitlist 2010

Postby highprofessionalism » Sun May 02, 2010 4:16 pm

ToriM wrote:Blog post said most waitlist decisions are made on or around May 3rd right? So, good luck this week y'all, cause you never know! ;)


Well, no "on," just "around." From the blog (well, bracketed comment from me): "Depending on the number of slots we have to fill, we may take anywhere from a week to a month [from the deadline] to fill these slots. I would say that usually our class is stable by the end of May." I guess we can really start freaking out in about a week and a day. :mrgreen:

User avatar
chelita
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:40 pm

Re: Yale Waitlist 2010

Postby chelita » Mon May 03, 2010 1:26 am

I'm on the wait list (or is it waitlist?) too. I called and asked about for confirmation that they had received my decision to stay on the wait list and they said they don't send out confirmations, which is a little annoying. Luckily I didn't have to say my name though, because I was also freaked out by the "bad idea jeans post!"

I sent in a LOCI back in February and not much has changed since then. From Asha's post, it seems like she doesn't want a new LOCI unless we actually have something academic and important so I'm not sending in another letter. Is that fine or do you think that it makes me seem like I don't really care if I get in or not? Thoughts?

Best of luck everyone!

pleasepickme
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:58 am

Re: Yale Waitlist 2010

Postby pleasepickme » Mon May 03, 2010 10:40 am

Happy now-we-can-start-freaking-out-again-and-compulsively-checking-our-phones week!

lucille
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:41 am

Re: Yale Waitlist 2010

Postby lucille » Mon May 03, 2010 12:53 pm

chelita wrote:I'm on the wait list (or is it waitlist?) too. I called and asked about for confirmation that they had received my decision to stay on the wait list and they said they don't send out confirmations, which is a little annoying. Luckily I didn't have to say my name though, because I was also freaked out by the "bad idea jeans post!"

I sent in a LOCI back in February and not much has changed since then. From Asha's post, it seems like she doesn't want a new LOCI unless we actually have something academic and important so I'm not sending in another letter. Is that fine or do you think that it makes me seem like I don't really care if I get in or not? Thoughts?

Best of luck everyone!

I faxed my LOCI and waitlist confirmationn a couple weeks ago and am now officially freaking out that it wasn't received or something...ADSOFIU@$#)(*R#@RSD

User avatar
highprofessionalism
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:22 pm

Re: Yale Waitlist 2010

Postby highprofessionalism » Mon May 03, 2010 1:33 pm

chelita wrote:I'm on the wait list (or is it waitlist?) too. I called and asked about for confirmation that they had received my decision to stay on the wait list and they said they don't send out confirmations, which is a little annoying. Luckily I didn't have to say my name though, because I was also freaked out by the "bad idea jeans post!"

I sent in a LOCI back in February and not much has changed since then. From Asha's post, it seems like she doesn't want a new LOCI unless we actually have something academic and important so I'm not sending in another letter. Is that fine or do you think that it makes me seem like I don't really care if I get in or not? Thoughts?

Best of luck everyone!


If not much has changed, then I would say that is fine. I know someone who was admitted from the waitlist last year and he did not send an LOCI. That being said, I'm pretty sure they at least wont feel slighted if you don't send another. I sent one recently, but only because it's the first one I'm sending them and I did have academic updates I wanted to share. Maybe that helps? I guess it's up to your discretion really.

lucille
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:41 am

Re: Yale Waitlist 2010

Postby lucille » Tue May 04, 2010 4:57 pm

just curious, but did anyone ever receive their wait list notification via mail like the e-mail said we would?

User avatar
chelita
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:40 pm

Re: Yale Waitlist 2010

Postby chelita » Tue May 04, 2010 6:41 pm

I haven't yet
lucille wrote:just curious, but did anyone ever receive their wait list notification via mail like the e-mail said we would?

User avatar
highprofessionalism
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:22 pm

Re: Yale Waitlist 2010

Postby highprofessionalism » Wed May 05, 2010 3:13 am

lucille wrote:just curious, but did anyone ever receive their wait list notification via mail like the e-mail said we would?


You mean an e-mail confirming that we're still on the waitlist? The original notification mentioned no such confirmation e-mail.

Actually, I visited YLS recently, and after asking about this issue, I was assured that we have no reason to fret if we haven't gotten a response (according to someone working in the admissions office). Don't worry though - there are still plenty of ways in which we can channel our collective panic. We could, for example, freak out about how they are probably re-reviewing some of us tomorrow, or the next day, or the next day, etc... :shock:

User avatar
nattybro
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:07 pm

Re: Yale Waitlist 2010

Postby nattybro » Wed May 05, 2010 12:31 pm

I think he's referring to a snail mail confirmation (which I have not received either)

User avatar
highprofessionalism
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:22 pm

Re: Yale Waitlist 2010

Postby highprofessionalism » Wed May 05, 2010 1:25 pm

nattybro wrote:I think he's referring to a snail mail confirmation (which I have not received either)


Ah, yes. "Copy to follow by U.S. Mail." Whoops. Has anyone gotten those though? I wonder if they'll update their waitlist based on the forms we sent in, determine who stayed on, and then send the letters. It'd save paper...... :mrgreen:




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mm2368, Solidfood, Zoe107 and 9 guests