Smartphone during law school/career? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
kalvano

Diamond

Re: Smartphone during law school/career?

Post by kalvano » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:26 pm

23fulltimecowboys wrote:yeah, we looked at iphones for a bit and the 2gb cap seemed pretty low. thanks for the advice. i'll ask around about coverage since yeah, that's a good deal.

It's really not. Data doesn't count when you're on Wi-fi.

de5igual

Silver

Post by de5igual » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:15 pm

I know sprint has a bad rep, but if the coverage is decent where you are, the deal is hard to beat:

$69.99 - 450 minutes daytime to landlines; unlimited to any mobile calling, unlimited nights starting at 7, unlimited data, unlimited messaging, unlimited special services (like turn by turn navigation, sprint tv, 411, etc). Sprint also offers better corporate discounts if you're working at an eligible employer.

Plus, Sprint's phone selection is better than all carriers (minus the iphone :P )

j.wellington

Bronze

Post by j.wellington » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:15 pm

23fulltimecowboys wrote:yeah, we looked at iphones for a bit and the 2gb cap seemed pretty low. thanks for the advice. i'll ask around about coverage since yeah, that's a good deal.
After they announced the new data plans I checked online to see how much data I use right now, which I'd never really thought about. In a year of using an iPhone I never went over 200MB (the lowest cap available), and I'm hardly a light user. If you have wifi on your campus and at home the 2GB option is actually overkill.

Kchuck

Bronze

Post by Kchuck » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:16 pm

Buy the new iPhone.

hannah87

Silver

Post by hannah87 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:33 am

f0bolous wrote:I know sprint has a bad rep, but if the coverage is decent where you are, the deal is hard to beat:

$69.99 - 450 minutes daytime to landlines; unlimited to any mobile calling, unlimited nights starting at 7, unlimited data, unlimited messaging, unlimited special services (like turn by turn navigation, sprint tv, 411, etc). Sprint also offers better corporate discounts if you're working at an eligible employer.

Plus, Sprint's phone selection is better than all carriers (minus the iphone :P )
agreed- i have this plan with 18% corporate discount. i live in nyc and have no problem with sprint's service.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

23fulltimecowboys

New

Post by 23fulltimecowboys » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:15 am

sweet, thanks for the tips everyone. i'll try to remember to post what i get in the end.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”