Vanderbilt - Is the April 15th seat deposit binding?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Bobushka22

Vanderbilt - Is the April 15th seat deposit binding?

Postby Bobushka22 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:36 pm

Please note that Vanderbilt only has one seat deposit in the amount of $500 and on the form it notes that you are accepting the financial aid award if you are a scholarship recipient. Is this a binding form or is it not? I ask because everywhere I have read it states that the forms are non-binding unless they explicitly state such. I hate to even be playing this game, but I have been waitlisted or held by a number of schools that have displayed utter disregard to students trying to make their decision. I need help on this one for sure. Thanks. =D

cardinalandgold

Re: Vanderbilt - Is the April 15th seat deposit binding?

Postby cardinalandgold » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:52 pm

I called Admissions at Vandy when I was trying to decide between them and another school and asked the same question. Was told that the deposit is not binding, but would be non-refundable should you choose to attend another school. HTH.

Bobushka22

Re: Vanderbilt - Is the April 15th seat deposit binding?

Postby Bobushka22 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:50 pm

You are a life saver my friend. =D

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”