Binding Deposit Question Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
roguey

Bronze

Binding Deposit Question

Post by roguey » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:46 am

Does anyone know what happens if you submit a binding deposit and are then unable to attend due to financial reasons (ex. credit not good enough for grad plus and no co-signer)? Would you be able to say, retake the LSAT and try again the next year, or are you put on some sort of blacklist?

yeff

Bronze

Re: Binding Deposit Question

Post by yeff » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:49 am

If you decide not to attend after making a binding deposit, you cannot attend any law school for '10-'11 and lose your deposit. Some places have partial refunds depending on the date you withdraw.

You can reapply the next year, with or without retaking the LSAT.

roguey

Bronze

Post by roguey » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:57 am

Thank you for your quick response!! So noone will try to recover the cost of tuition from me or anything like that? I know the deposit is non-refundable, but I just don't want to get roped in and not be able to afford attendance. I really wish they would pre-qualify people for plus loans. That would make me a lot more comfortable.

Jrugg88

New

Post by Jrugg88 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:58 am

How do you know if a school's deposit is "binding"/ which schools' deposits are binding?

yeff

Bronze

Post by yeff » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:07 am

Read the fine print? Call and ask?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”