What to do . . .?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Gymnast0206

What to do . . .?

Postby Gymnast0206 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:31 am

So, I'm completely lost. I go to a crappy undergrad with no pre-law advisor or program. And, I really have no idea what the better deal is. I'm hoping someone could lend me advise on what the best decision would be.

I've been accepted to the following:

George Mason (haven't received any financial information)
UConn (won't receive financial information until after April 15th)
Chapman (full-ride)

If I have to pay sticker at UConn or GMU would it be better to just go to Chapman and forfeit the debt? I'm also struggling between taking the year off and re-applying next year. I'm a 4.0/160 URM (numbers slightly fudged).

If I decide to take the year off, I can also wait on my WL offers from WashU and Notre Dame. Also, I'm still waiting to hear from around ten schools, four of which I'd love to attend.

Any advice?! It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

84Sunbird2000

Re: What to do . . .?

Postby 84Sunbird2000 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:32 am

Gymnast0206 wrote:So, I'm completely lost. I go to a crappy undergrad with no pre-law advisor or program. And, I really have no idea what the better deal is. I'm hoping someone could lend me advise on what the best decision would be.

I've been accepted to the following:

George Mason (haven't received any financial information)
UConn (won't receive financial information until after April 15th)
Chapman (full-ride)

If I have to pay sticker at UConn or GMU would it be better to just go to Chapman and forfeit the debt? I'm also struggling between taking the year off and re-applying next year. I'm a 4.0/160 URM (numbers slightly fudged).

If I decide to take the year off, I can also wait on my WL offers from WashU and Notre Dame. Also, I'm still waiting to hear from around ten schools, four of which I'd love to attend.

Any advice?! It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

Please post this in the Choosing A Law School forum.

holydonkey

Postby holydonkey » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:35 am

Mods can move this to the correct forum.

In your situation, I would choose George Mason and really try to get off the waitlist at WashU or Notre Dame. Wait a year and retake the LSAT is also a good option.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:32 pm

Retake and get a 163+ you are looking at a whole new class of schools and maybe even money. At least money (maybe a whole lot of it) at the current schools. I'd vote for retake if you could realistically improve, especially your GPA is high (which unfortunately prevents a lot of URM applicants from reaching too high, at least at my school).

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”