Rutgers v Brooklyn

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jdjd2013

Rutgers v Brooklyn

Postby jdjd2013 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:21 pm

What are peoples thoughts on Rutgers-Newark vs Brooklyn? I've been accepted to both, and the cost would be pretty much the same.

ericng314

Re: Rutgers v Brooklyn

Postby ericng314 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:24 pm

I was rejected from Brooklyn PT :(. Anyway, back to your question, if I were in your situation, I'd choose Brooklyn.

Rutgers-Newark is a good deal for NJ residents, but career wise, it's mostly geared towards the NJ legal market. Newark isn't a great location - - > even though the school is in the Downtown area, it's still Newark. It's not that safe there late at night (a fellow friend of mine forwarded me an email about Rutgers students being mugged at 4 AM in the morning).

Brooklyn's close to several courts in the Downtown area. Fulton Mall is really nice IMO - many restaurants, nice pedestrian mall. I also feel like since it's location is in NYC, you have better access to NYC career opps than Newark students. BUT - the cost of living in NYC is ridiculous.

FYI - I'll be going to Rutgers-Newark.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”