What can I say in my second LOCI ?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Z3RO
Posts: 526
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:57 am

Re: What can I say in my second LOCI ?

Postby Z3RO » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:37 pm

finalaspects wrote:
Z3RO wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
Z3RO wrote:Am I incorrect in my belief that they don't want to see a second LOCI? I imagine that they already know what they want about you, and a sentence or two saying "oh yeah, don't forget that I would totally come here if you thought I was worthy; just in case you lost my first letter saying this" won't help.


yea i always thought bugging them too much was a bad idea. especially without any new fact or something concrete to say. its also why im saving my LOCI until around May because i want them to read it when they're actually considering the waitlists and it'll be fresh in their minds. assuming they read it when you send it... i could be wrong.

That's the other thing. From what they said when I sent it to them, the letter went into my "file". This means that if they go to review me again, it'll be sitting right there.

I never understood trying to time/delay your LOCI's, unless you're like a month away from a big promotion or something.


not all schools just put them into a file. one school i contacted with a letter (not LOCI) but with new information, not only did they put it on file, but the dean of the school actually read it and responded directly to me the next day. if this dean remembers me more, because it was recent, i figure sending it late would be better. if it just goes into a file it wont' matter even if i send it late anyways.

Wow, I wouldn't have expected that. In that case, fire away.

User avatar
NU_Jet55
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: What can I say in my second LOCI ?

Postby NU_Jet55 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:44 pm

finalaspects wrote:the dean of the school actually read it and responded directly to me the next day.


Yeah...The dean probably just sat in his office the whole afternoon and did nothing but read your file. Because, you know, they don't have hundreds of people send in stuff like that every week. Also, it's not like the dean has anything better to do. And aaaalso, there's nobody that works in the admissions office that could maybe send out an e-mail or a letter with the dean's name on it either.

Maybe, whenever you're accepted, the dean will personally drive to wherever you live and spend a week just hanging out with you too?

EDIT: This sounds kind of meanhearted upon second reading. Don't take it that way. :P

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: What can I say in my second LOCI ?

Postby finalaspects » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:54 pm

NU_Jet55 wrote:
finalaspects wrote:the dean of the school actually read it and responded directly to me the next day.


Yeah...The dean probably just sat in his office the whole afternoon and did nothing but read your file. Because, you know, they don't have hundreds of people send in stuff like that every week. Also, it's not like the dean has anything better to do. And aaaalso, there's nobody that works in the admissions office that could maybe send out an e-mail or a letter with the dean's name on it either.

Maybe, whenever you're accepted, the dean will personally drive to wherever you live and spend a week just hanging out with you too?

EDIT: This sounds kind of meanhearted upon second reading. Don't take it that way. :P


yea someone could have emailed me on the dean's behalf, using the dean's name, and the dean's email account. then again a cookie monster could have hacked the school's email system, read my letter and decided to reply.

all i know is that it was from the dean's email address, and the email was signed off as the dean as well. this was along with the normal school email that it was added to my file.

and don't worry, i already you know as an ass from the other threads who always puts doubt on everything. so i won't take it in any way.

User avatar
NU_Jet55
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: What can I say in my second LOCI ?

Postby NU_Jet55 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:04 pm

finalaspects wrote:i already you know as an ass from the other threads who always puts doubt on everything. so i won't take it in any way.


I'm going to go ahead and assume you're referring to the Pregnancy thread that you relentlessly flamed until everybody else finally lost interest.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: What can I say in my second LOCI ?

Postby finalaspects » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:14 pm

NU_Jet55 wrote:
finalaspects wrote:i already you know as an ass from the other threads who always puts doubt on everything. so i won't take it in any way.


I'm going to go ahead and assume you're referring to the Pregnancy thread that you relentlessly flamed until everybody else finally lost interest.


you were the flame lol. the others PMed me and got it worked out. read what you posted in this thread. clearly you enjoy flaming and i won't respond to your posts anymore. i don't want to add more fuel to make your flames to make it even worse and especially since you always seem to delete from the quotations everything that completely annihilated your arguments and then try to move onto something else to flame about.
Last edited by finalaspects on Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
NU_Jet55
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: What can I say in my second LOCI ?

Postby NU_Jet55 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:16 pm

finalaspects wrote:
NU_Jet55 wrote:
finalaspects wrote:i already you know as an ass from the other threads who always puts doubt on everything. so i won't take it in any way.


I'm going to go ahead and assume you're referring to the Pregnancy thread that you relentlessly flamed until everybody else finally lost interest.


you were the flame lol. the others PMed me and got it worked out. read what you posted in this thread. clearly you enjoy flaming.


cool story, bro

User avatar
soonergirl
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:26 pm

Re: What can I say in my second LOCI ?

Postby soonergirl » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:27 pm

NU_Jet55 wrote:Soonergirl are you at OU Law or a 0L from Oklahoma?


sooner born and sooner bred. Not heading to OU law, though. why do you ask?

User avatar
soonergirl
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:26 pm

Re: What can I say in my second LOCI ?

Postby soonergirl » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:28 pm

finalaspects wrote:you were the flame.


Maybe he's a fan of Cheap Trick.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, blueapron115, Ferrisjso, Jellypyoo, Lmorina126, potterotter and 28 guests