Full ride? vs getting in

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
stintez

Full ride? vs getting in

Postby stintez » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:55 pm

I was just wondering if I wanted to live and practice in Ohio if it would be wise to take a full ride to nku (Northern Kentucky University) or to get into 100k+ debt for Ohio State or Cincinnati. Or take a half or full ride to University of Dayton and do there accelerated two year jd program.

Stats
Hispanic male (Belize)
Gpa- 2.85
4 year NCAA men's lacrosse
1 year internship with great letter of rec from prosecutors office
6 months working as a paralegal at AG office
lsat- June 7th to even get anything like im talking about i assume i am going to need 158-163

if all goes to plan this will be the decisions ill be left with. Any advice would be great.

SaintClarence27

Re: Full ride? vs getting in

Postby SaintClarence27 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:57 pm

stintez wrote:I was just wondering if I wanted to live and practice in Ohio if it would be wise to take a full ride to nku (Northern Kentucky University) or to get into 100k+ debt for Ohio State or Cincinnati. Or take a half or full ride to University of Dayton and do there accelerated two year jd program.

Stats
Hispanic male (Belize)
Gpa- 2.85
4 year NCAA men's lacrosse
1 year internship with great letter of rec from prosecutors office
6 months working as a paralegal at AG office
lsat- June 7th to even get anything like im talking about i assume i am going to need 158-163

if all goes to plan this will be the decisions ill be left with. Any advice would be great.

Honestly? Study your ASS off for the LSAT and apply early. There's no reason to make a decision just yet. If you want to live and practice in Ohio, score a 167 and get some money to one of the better schools.

Drake014

Postby Drake014 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:00 pm

I don't like options in this case that involve a lot of debt. But that's me. How you view debt and what your financial situation is are what are going to determine the best outcome for you.

stintez

Postby stintez » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:03 pm

My brother is lawyer in NYC and went to Notre Dame and he said for where i wanna practice law to try and keep the debt to a minimum and I assume ill be paying for everything by myself. Unless I wanna go part time then maybe my job will help. I do not count on it.

SaintClarence27

Postby SaintClarence27 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:07 pm

stintez wrote:My brother is lawyer in NYC and went to Notre Dame and he said for where i wanna practice law to try and keep the debt to a minimum and I assume ill be paying for everything by myself. Unless I wanna go part time then maybe my job will help. I do not count on it.

I agree. And the best way to keep your debt load low is to up that LSAT. That's the biggest thing you can do right now, and will only increase your options.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”