Off the Waitlist!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
CmonSD

Re: Off the Waitlist!

Postby CmonSD » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:10 am

PDaddy wrote:
CmonSD wrote:I will be riding out 5, possibly 6. Hopefully one bites.

Don't count on it. I was on as many as 12 last year. Though I got into some very good law schools, none of the 12 admitted me.

Haha yea, I am not holding my breath. There is only one school I would attend at this point, mostly because it is down the street from where I live and could attend at a moments notice. Otherwise, I am taking the LSAT in October.

cheesus

Postby cheesus » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:22 am

Does anyone know if Michigan or Northwestern have been known to give money to those people who get in off of the waitlist?

Kwijiboe

Postby Kwijiboe » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:50 pm

In at University of Miami, was waitlisted in March.

NYCG8TR

Postby NYCG8TR » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:00 pm

Kwijiboe wrote:In at University of Miami, was waitlisted in March.

Awesome news! Congrats.

Did you submit any additional materials?

trialjunky

Postby trialjunky » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:22 pm

How many LOCI's have you sent in? I don't want to be the annoying girl who wont just leave well enough alone but my desperation is showing.

Kwijiboe

Postby Kwijiboe » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:25 pm

Sorry to be a buzzkill..

But once I was put on waitlist, I did not send anything.

Hey-O

Postby Hey-O » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:03 pm

gerghk wrote:Waitlisted at Harvard, Stanford, Columbia, Chicago, Michigan, Virginia, Georgetown... :-/

Those are some heavy duty schools. Congrats on the WL at Harvard and Stanford. You must have sent out a lot of apps. Did you blanket the T14?

Hey-O

Postby Hey-O » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:08 pm

I'm retaking the LSAT in June. I feel like most schools are going to making their decisions in late May. Maybe the LSAT score will take too long to report? I'm just worried that I've wasted the $ for the test and all the time I am spending studying again. Oh well, nothing I can do about it now.

Von Schlieffen

Postby Von Schlieffen » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:24 pm

I'm currently wait listed at Columbia, Chicago, NYU, Penn and Georgetown.

missinglink

Postby missinglink » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:28 pm

Hey-O wrote:I'm retaking the LSAT in June. I feel like most schools are going to making their decisions in late May. Maybe the LSAT score will take too long to report? I'm just worried that I've wasted the $ for the test and all the time I am spending studying again. Oh well, nothing I can do about it now.

It's too late to be guaranteed to help. You're right in that most schools have their heaviest WL activity in May/June, and scores wont be available until very late June or early July. But there are a lot of schools that take a couple people off the WL in August, right before classes start. I'm sure a higher LSAT score at that point would at least get your application noticed.

Worst thing that happens is you do well enough on the June LSAT but don't make it off any preferred waitlists. But then you're set up nicely to apply early in the fall if you can afford to take a year off.

If none of my WL situations pan out, that is my plan at the moment.

Hey-O

Postby Hey-O » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:13 pm

missinglink wrote:
Hey-O wrote:I'm retaking the LSAT in June. I feel like most schools are going to making their decisions in late May. Maybe the LSAT score will take too long to report? I'm just worried that I've wasted the $ for the test and all the time I am spending studying again. Oh well, nothing I can do about it now.

It's too late to be guaranteed to help. You're right in that most schools have their heaviest WL activity in May/June, and scores wont be available until very late June or early July. But there are a lot of schools that take a couple people off the WL in August, right before classes start. I'm sure a higher LSAT score at that point would at least get your application noticed.

Worst thing that happens is you do well enough on the June LSAT but don't make it off any preferred waitlists. But then you're set up nicely to apply early in the fall if you can afford to take a year off.

If none of my WL situations pan out, that is my plan at the moment.

I'm hoping, too, that just putting that I am re-taking the LSAT will make them realize I am so serious about their school that I'm willing to re-take the LSAT. And perhaps give then an idea that I believe that I capable of a higher score (which might make me a better candidate). That's my theory anyway.

Edited for clarity.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:20 pm

Count me in. Waitlisted at Georgetown (withdrew) and am riding out the Michigan waitlist.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”