- I have lived in CA my entire life and at this point am very interested in practicing in CA for my career regardless of what school I go to (however, I'm not against employment elsewhere if the right opportunity presents itself). I think Southern California (especially San Diego) would be a great place to live and raise a family but I also like SF.
- I have no idea what type of law I'd like to practice. I used to have a leaning towards international/human rights, but am not so sure about that anymore and think it's premature to commit myself to a particular field as of now. I am open to PI, private practice, or government work.
- I have a long-term gf (been dating for ~7yrs) who will still be in school in CA during my 1L year and is unsure about relocating (not that I feel she ought to feel compelled to in any way)
- I would like to do a clerkship if possible. Of course a SCOTUS clerkship is an extremely difficult opportunity to gain, but I'd like to at least try for that as a long-term goal.
- I've visited all three schools and find them all amazing.
- I'll be financing this almost exclusively on my own (so I'll be the one with the debt).
P.S. I like stats/concrete support. So try to avoid "in my opinion school X is just better" as your argument.