Are you kidding me?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
melanieB

Are you kidding me?

Postby melanieB » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:38 am

So I received an email from Brooklyn today, which I've been waiting for a response from since January, and the school wrote:
..." the Law School's Committee on Admissions will be meeting
approximately once each week throughout the spring semester." <--Once a WEEK???????

yet...

" Your file is among the
thousands of Category II files that are now being reviewed." <-- then WHY is the committee only meeting once a week?

"We apologize in advance for any increased levels of anxiety or uncertainty this may cause but, as
you can well imagine, multiple reviews of several thousand applications and comparative deliberations by the Committee on Admissions consume a great amount of time." <--Hmm.....

nowinGA

Re: Are you kidding me?

Postby nowinGA » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:40 am

melanieB wrote:So I received an email from Brooklyn today, which I've been waiting for a response from since January, and the school wrote:
approximately once each week throughout the spring semester." <--Once a WEEK???????

yet...

" Your file is among the
thousands of Category II files that are now being reviewed." <-- then WHY is the committee only meeting once a week?

"We apologize in advance for any increased levels of anxiety or uncertainty this may cause but, as
you can well imagine, multiple reviews of several thousand applications and comparative deliberations by the Committee on Admissions consume a great amount of time." <--Hmm.....

It is, indeed, ridiculous. I mean, other schools have managed to deal with the rise in apps this year.

My question, why did I not get this email?? I have heard ZIP from them...I am really not planning to go there either way, but still...communicate, people.

scruffs mcguff

Postby scruffs mcguff » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:41 am

Maybe they only meet once a week but each committee member works on his/her own with a set of apps? And then they meet once a week to discuss whatever?

Just trying to figure this out because there is no way all of them only work once a week.

rossrobert

Postby rossrobert » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:05 am

melanieB wrote:So I received an email from Brooklyn today, which I've been waiting for a response from since January, and the school wrote:

yet...

" Your file is among the

Did you get the e-mail about Financial Aid 101 & Career Conversation Programs as well?

NYCbound96

Postby NYCbound96 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:10 am

I got the same email from them on March 29th and then I got a letter from them dated March 31st that I was on the waitlist. I have NO idea what's going on with them.
This was all after many phone calls over 3 weeks during which I was hung up on, told rudely that someone was on the computer and couldn't talk to me right then, and other various horrible encounters with their admissions department.

bjf

Postby bjf » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:12 am

That e-mail only goes out when they are ready to review your file. You could hear back the same day you receive it or up to a couple of weeks (from what ppl have reported).

chitown825

Postby chitown825 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:14 am

Why do you want to go to a school that jerks you around like this? The behavior of the school during admissions tells you a lot about their faculty, career center, etc

bigben

Postby bigben » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:19 am

Don't worry. It won't take long for them to sort out the highest GPA + LSAT and throw the rest away.

Postby 09042014 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:43 am

They are doing you a favor.

rossrobert

Postby rossrobert » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:50 pm

Note: All students who have expressed an interest in Brooklyn Law School are invited to attend one of these programs. If you are a current candidate for admission who has not yet received a decision on your application, the receipt of this e-mail does not necessarily mean that a decision has been made on your file. Be assured, however, that our Committee on Admissions is reviewing applications as quickly as possible.

I received that in an e-mail from them today...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”