Acceptances -- LSAT Retake

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Posts: 95
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:27 pm

Acceptances -- LSAT Retake

Postby wh3931110 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:18 pm

I am not 100% sure that this is the right board for this question but I figured I could get some good insight if I went ahead and posted it here anyway (I will go ahead and post on another board also).

I have been accepted and wait listed at a decent amount of "Tier 2" schools as well as accepted at some Tier 3 schools with scholarship money. I have been debating taking the June LSAT to try and raise my score, to try and pull myself off of the wait lists and/or consider sitting out until next year and reapplying to other schools.

However, if I do worse, even way worse, then I did previously do I run any risk of the schools that have admitted me, rescinding my acceptances? Also, would it all but certainly knock me out of contention at the schools I am waiting on?

What I am trying to figure out is what exactly would I be risking by taking the June LSAT (if anything)... Any comments and/or advice would be great

Thank you all so much!

User avatar

Posts: 1032
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:39 pm

Re: Acceptances -- LSAT Retake

Postby booboo » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:20 pm

Pretty sure it shouldn't hurt you at all.

There are many applicants that take the June exam in hopes that an improved score will position them to have an acceptance off a waitlist, while they have already paid the first/second deposit at a possible law school.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists�

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests