Oh my god, I can't believe I only applied to 10 schools.

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
GermX
Posts: 562
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:24 pm

Re: Oh my god, I can't believe I only applied to 10 schools.

Postby GermX » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:33 pm

Btw do you guys think I have any chance at Cornell?

User avatar
cutiewiddlebebe
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:06 pm

Re: Oh my god, I can't believe I only applied to 10 schools.

Postby cutiewiddlebebe » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:43 pm

dk8 wrote: i'm suprised you didn't get into BU but the T14 was a longsot with those numbers.

Many people with 3.5/169 not only got into michigan, but also got big money from vandy. Thus, his cycle went poorly, perhaps due to his inability to write in a clear and forceful manner.

dk8
Posts: 495
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:39 pm

Re: Oh my god, I can't believe I only applied to 10 schools.

Postby dk8 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:46 pm

cutiewiddlebebe wrote:
dk8 wrote: i'm suprised you didn't get into BU but the T14 was a longsot with those numbers.

Many people with 3.5/169 not only got into michigan, but also got big money from vandy. Thus, his cycle went poorly, perhaps due to his inability to write in a clear and forceful manner.


I realize that you are on the board to act like a dickhead but "many" people getting in isn't inconsistent with my longshot statement. I'll admit I don't study LSN so I could be wrong. Point being is that it isn't suprising for a 3.5/169 to miss the T14.

And yes, OP definitely should have applied to Vandy.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Oh my god, I can't believe I only applied to 10 schools.

Postby 09042014 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:50 pm

dk8 wrote:
cutiewiddlebebe wrote:
dk8 wrote: i'm suprised you didn't get into BU but the T14 was a longsot with those numbers.

Many people with 3.5/169 not only got into michigan, but also got big money from vandy. Thus, his cycle went poorly, perhaps due to his inability to write in a clear and forceful manner.


I realize that you are on the board to act like a dickhead but "many" people getting in isn't inconsistent with my longshot statement. I'll admit I don't study LSN so I could be wrong. Point being is that it isn't suprising for a 3.5/169 to miss the T14.

And yes, OP definitely should have applied to Vandy.


Every T14 is a reach for a 3.4 169. I wouldn't sit out a cycle to retry at a reach, unless you retake.

GermX
Posts: 562
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:24 pm

Re: Oh my god, I can't believe I only applied to 10 schools.

Postby GermX » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:51 pm

I just wasn't interested in Vandy, otherwise I would have applied. As for the remarks on my grammar etc..., this is a message board, and by no means does this reflect on my application itself. I actually wrote a compelling and strong PS, have a good deal of work experience (over 3 years in corporate environment etc...), among other soft factors. So suck it, bitch.

dk8
Posts: 495
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:39 pm

Re: Oh my god, I can't believe I only applied to 10 schools.

Postby dk8 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:53 pm

GermX wrote:I just wasn't interested in Vandy, otherwise I would have applied. As for the remarks on my grammar etc..., this is a message board, and by no means does this reflect on my application itself. I actually wrote a compelling and strong PS, have a good deal of work experience (over 3 years in corporate environment etc...), among other soft factors. So suck it, bitch.


That's a shame. Its placement rivals that of the lower T14 and has thrown lots of money at people with your numbers.

GermX
Posts: 562
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:24 pm

Re: Oh my god, I can't believe I only applied to 10 schools.

Postby GermX » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:54 pm

I know its just location wise it didn't appeal to me.

User avatar
SilverE2
Posts: 931
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:04 pm

Re: Oh my god, I can't believe I only applied to 10 schools.

Postby SilverE2 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:12 pm

hannibalhamlin61 wrote:
Boba Fett wrote:
hannibalhamlin61 wrote:
SilverE2 wrote:Uh, did you apply late or is there something wrong with your apps? I have one less lsat point than you and a 3.5 and my cycle went much better. Just wondering what happened...not gloating.


How is your cycle much better? Because you got into BU?


No, no. It's surely because he made the Georgetown waiting list!


I admire his optimism. I just don't fully understand it.

Don't get me wrong BU is a great school, despite what that sack-of-shit cutiewiddlebebe says, but it's the only one I see in the green...


Hey, sorry for the late reply. Well, first of all I did get into BU, second I was waitlisted at USC and Georgetown, not rejected. Considering I have one less LSAT point, which can be huge in these situations, is it really that much of a stretch to ask if there was something wrong with the app? I think he definitely could have expected a BU accept, and definitely not a USC rejection.

GermX
Posts: 562
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:24 pm

Re: Oh my god, I can't believe I only applied to 10 schools.

Postby GermX » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:33 pm

^ You still only got into one school. None of those waitlists are going to net you an acceptance.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: acz26, ashrice13, Baby Gaga, Bing [Bot], chili_davis, gilmoregirrrl, guybourdin, lazarzhr, longsh0305, mm2368, Mr. Bubbles, PDX4343, proteinshake, taro14, tinafeyclone, Yahoo [Bot] and 33 guests