Buffalo v. Syracuse V. Case Western

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
woodstocker

Buffalo v. Syracuse V. Case Western

Postby woodstocker » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:34 am

It's a tough call for me between these three schools. After scholarships tuition stands at: Buffalo (16k) Syracuse (16k) Case Western (30k). Low debt is important to me, but I feel like Case has a lot to offer and it could be a good investment. I will be visiting all three schools next week which I'm sure will make this decision a bit easier, but any general input would be appreciated.

jetlagz28

Re: Buffalo v. Syracuse V. Case Western

Postby jetlagz28 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:53 am

Where do you want to practice?

woodstocker

Postby woodstocker » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:04 pm

upstate new york.

jmhallah

Postby jmhallah » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:06 pm

How do you feel about spending three years in the most miserable city (according to Forbes) if you go to Case?

woodstocker

Postby woodstocker » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:19 pm

I have a feeling it will come down to Buffalo v. Syracuse due to where I want to practice. Case is in the mix because it is the best school I was accepted. Between Buffalo and Cuse, which school is more highly regarded in NYC, Upstate? I know Buffalo is a higher ranked school.
Last edited by woodstocker on Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

sawwaverunner

Postby sawwaverunner » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:25 pm

I was in a similar situation last year, minus Case and plus Penn State. I chose Buffalo because I knew that at Syracuse, if I lost the scholarship, I would have to drop out. I wasn't being unreasonable saying that. two years at Syracuse minus a scholarship based on Merit will add 100k to your bill. In any case, keeping the scholarship doesn't sound too difficult, but I think you should be aware of yourself and how prepared you are to study hard and smart to maintain that scholarship. For what it is worth, I do often wonder how I would like being at Syracuse for law school.

woodstocker

Postby woodstocker » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:30 pm

sawwaverunner wrote:I was in a similar situation last year, minus Case and plus Penn State. I chose Buffalo because I knew that at Syracuse, if I lost the scholarship, I would have to drop out. I wasn't being unreasonable saying that. two years at Syracuse minus a scholarship based on Merit will add 100k to your bill. In any case, keeping the scholarship doesn't sound too difficult, but I think you should be aware of yourself and how prepared you are to study hard and smart to maintain that scholarship. For what it is worth, I do often wonder how I would like being at Syracuse for law school.

How do you like Buffalo so far? I am an undergraduate here and have enjoyed it so far... I am sitting in on a property class on wednesday...I'm visiting Cuse and Case at some point next week, so will see.

sawwaverunner

Postby sawwaverunner » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:48 pm

woodstocker wrote:
sawwaverunner wrote:I was in a similar situation last year, minus Case and plus Penn State. I chose Buffalo because I knew that at Syracuse, if I lost the scholarship, I would have to drop out. I wasn't being unreasonable saying that. two years at Syracuse minus a scholarship based on Merit will add 100k to your bill. In any case, keeping the scholarship doesn't sound too difficult, but I think you should be aware of yourself and how prepared you are to study hard and smart to maintain that scholarship. For what it is worth, I do often wonder how I would like being at Syracuse for law school.

How do you like Buffalo so far? I am an undergraduate here and have enjoyed it so far... I am sitting in on a property class on wednesday...I'm visiting Cuse and Case at some point next week, so will see.

I love it. It's a great school and everyone is very relaxed. If I miss class, I have tons of people sending me notes.

Since you are asking advice about Case too, I will go ahead and say that I don't really think it is worth it. If you work hard and take responsibility for your success at either SU or UB, you will be able to make it without adding another $45000 to your bill.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”