Trying to decide...

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Johnsomc

Trying to decide...

Postby Johnsomc » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:26 pm

Hey all!
I am trying to decide between 3 schools right now.... I am still waiting to hear back from University of Washington and U of Minnesota, and am waitlisted at U cal hastings, but have to make some sort of preliminary decision now based on the schools I have been accepted to because the deadlines are fast approaching! Any advice?
Pepperdine
Loyola Marymount ($84,000 scholarship)
U of Arizona ($36,000 scholarship)

I keep hearing the pepperdine is the best of the two in cali, but it it that much better than loyola that it is worth the extra $84,000? Also, U of A... what are my chances of getting a job outside of arizona, perhaps in a place like cali or seattle, after graduation?
Any advice would be appreciated! Thank you so much!

WhiskeyGuy

Re: Trying to decide...

Postby WhiskeyGuy » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:41 am

Johnsomc wrote:Hey all!
I am trying to decide between 3 schools right now.... I am still waiting to hear back from University of Washington and U of Minnesota, and am waitlisted at U cal hastings, but have to make some sort of preliminary decision now based on the schools I have been accepted to because the deadlines are fast approaching! Any advice?
Pepperdine
Loyola Marymount ($84,000 scholarship)
U of Arizona ($36,000 scholarship)

I keep hearing the pepperdine is the best of the two in cali, but it it that much better than loyola that it is worth the extra $84,000? Also, U of A... what are my chances of getting a job outside of arizona, perhaps in a place like cali or seattle, after graduation?
Any advice would be appreciated! Thank you so much!

I suspect the websites of these schools have employment data. Take a look at them and see if they break it down by state or region. You can also request this info from the schools' offices of career services (which is also a good way to find out how friendly the staff are).

waverider

Postby waverider » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:47 am

My guts telling me UAZ. California is such a saturated market UAZ gives you a much better chance at a good job. Consider in cost of living and financially UAZ is a much better option if you can handle the thought of living in Arizona.

But what is the requirements on each scholarship?

No way I would pay 80,000 more for Pep

Johnsomc

Postby Johnsomc » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:37 am

You make a good point... $84,000 is a lot for a similar school! I will take your advice and call the schools.
The requirements for both scholarships are that I stay in the top 30% of my class.

GermX

Postby GermX » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:37 pm

Man go to Loyola.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”