Can you defer after a waitlist?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
koehn2

New
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:36 pm

Can you defer after a waitlist?

Postby koehn2 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:23 pm

I got waitlisted at KU summer start program. I am graduating from KU in May with 19 hours. If I do get off the waitlist to start at KU can you still defer a year? I would have less than a week to go from undergrad before starting law school, and I am starting to second guess whether or not I can handle it. If I do get off the waitlist am I set in starting this term?
Last edited by koehn2 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Z3RO

Silver
Posts: 526
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:57 am

Re: Can you defer after a waitlist?

Postby Z3RO » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:26 pm

I'm not planning on deferring, but with all the waitlists I'm riding, I'd like to know the answer to this as well.

I wouldn't dare ask a school's admissions people without first giving them a fake name.

User avatar
A'nold

Gold
Posts: 3620
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:07 pm

Re: Can you defer after a waitlist?

Postby A'nold » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:26 pm

You know, I know this might sound weird but dude/dudette, you should probably withdraw, go get some fresh air, work experience, and spend the next 6 months or so studying your butt off for the LSAT (hire a tutor if need be). KU will be begging you to come with $$$ next year (or you can go to a more national school) and you will have a year off of school and get to live a little. Do it. There's no reason not to let the economy settle in even a year more and you are (probably) young enough that you should go enjoy life a little and get some real-world experience before starting ls. Good luck!

User avatar
A'nold

Gold
Posts: 3620
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:07 pm

Re: Can you defer after a waitlist?

Postby A'nold » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:27 pm

Z3RO wrote:I'm not planning on deferring, but with all the waitlists I'm riding, I'd like to know the answer to this as well.

I wouldn't dare ask a school's admissions people without first giving them a fake name.


Lol, why do you have to give them a name at all?

Z3RO

Silver
Posts: 526
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:57 am

Re: Can you defer after a waitlist?

Postby Z3RO » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:34 pm

A'nold wrote:
Z3RO wrote:I'm not planning on deferring, but with all the waitlists I'm riding, I'd like to know the answer to this as well.

I wouldn't dare ask a school's admissions people without first giving them a fake name.


your attempt at humor is the most laughable thing about your post; sadly, it is not that laughable, why do you have to give them a name at all?

:roll: Throw them off the scent, duh. :roll:

koehn2

New
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:36 pm

Re: Can you defer after a waitlist?

Postby koehn2 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:36 pm

koehn2 wrote: lawl skool



I don't understand why it is posting like that? I know how to spell it and did not type it like that, but for some reason it is posting like that and not allowing me to change it.

Queenjane87

New
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:51 pm

Re: Can you defer after a waitlist?

Postby Queenjane87 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:37 pm

Haha its April Fools! Haven't you noticed all the names of the schools have changed?

User avatar
smartblonde87

Bronze
Posts: 359
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: Can you defer after a waitlist?

Postby smartblonde87 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:38 pm

A'nold wrote:You know, I know this might sound weird but dude/dudette, you should probably withdraw, go get some fresh air, work experience, and spend the next 6 months or so studying your butt off for the LSAT (hire a tutor if need be). KU will be begging you to come with $$$ next year (or you can go to a more national school) and you will have a year off of school and get to live a little. Do it. There's no reason not to let the economy settle in even a year more and you are (probably) young enough that you should go enjoy life a little and get some real-world experience before starting ls. Good luck!


+1 I did this and it's been the best year ever - gotten my priorities straight and realized after working how much I really WANT that law degree. It's made me more passionate which can only be a good thing for law school.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists�

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: apollo12, Google [Bot], QUIZ and 12 guests