Duke WL

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Duke WL

Postby Veritas » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:40 pm

Anyone else hoping all the reserve people give up so we might have a shot? :lol:

User avatar
holybartender
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:06 pm

Re: Duke WL

Postby holybartender » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:19 pm

On the regular WL. That's pretty much a soft ding, isn't it?

lshopeful3232
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:49 pm

Re: Duke WL

Postby lshopeful3232 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:12 pm

any ideas as to how many people they place on each list? or how many people they took off the waitlist at all last year?

JIsaacSmith
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:06 pm

Re: Duke WL

Postby JIsaacSmith » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:17 pm

Just got the fateful e-mail this morning....I hate being on this list!
Virginia has me on it also...not cool

342848386278
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:59 pm

Re: Duke WL

Postby 342848386278 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:18 pm

holybartender wrote:On the regular WL. That's pretty much a soft ding, isn't it?


On the regular WL here too. How many different lists are there? Is Duke like Georgetown with its SPWL PWL WL WL4URDOG etc?

User avatar
jks289
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: Duke WL

Postby jks289 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:21 pm

Hi guys! I think there is a Priority Reserve WL and then us. I'm not feeling optimistic, but I am going to try my hardest. I already wrote a WHy Duke with my application so I guess it is time to bust out another LOCI. Is anyone thinking of going to visit?

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: Duke WL

Postby Veritas » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:33 pm

jks289 wrote:Hi guys! I think there is a Priority Reserve WL and then us. I'm not feeling optimistic, but I am going to try my hardest. I already wrote a WHy Duke with my application so I guess it is time to bust out another LOCI. Is anyone thinking of going to visit?

I can't really afford to visit, but I would love to.

I think I'll plan a LOCI in a few weeks.

When is their deposit deadline?

lshopeful3232
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:49 pm

Re: Duke WL

Postby lshopeful3232 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:35 pm

whats the protocol for LOCI + bombarding with emails.

so far ive sent the intial LOCI by snail mail. what do i do after that? and are we allowed to just call them? what would i even say that i didnt already say in the LOCI or in an email?

advice greatly appreciated.

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: Duke WL

Postby Veritas » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:36 pm

lshopeful3232 wrote:whats the protocol for LOCI + bombarding with emails.

so far ive sent the intial LOCI by snail mail. what do i do after that? and are we allowed to just call them? what would i even say that i didnt already say in the LOCI or in an email?

advice greatly appreciated.

If you've already sent a LOCI, then I think periodic emails after the deposit deadline would be a good idea just so they know you are still interested.

I've never been a proponent of calling and emailing all the time. They are so busy most of it will get lost in the shuffle, I would think.

lshopeful3232
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:49 pm

Re: Duke WL

Postby lshopeful3232 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:40 pm

Veritas wrote:
lshopeful3232 wrote:whats the protocol for LOCI + bombarding with emails.

so far ive sent the intial LOCI by snail mail. what do i do after that? and are we allowed to just call them? what would i even say that i didnt already say in the LOCI or in an email?

advice greatly appreciated.

If you've already sent a LOCI, then I think periodic emails after the deposit deadline would be a good idea just so they know you are still interested.

I've never been a proponent of calling and emailing all the time. They are so busy most of it will get lost in the shuffle, I would think.


do you know when the deposit deadline is for duke?

how much should i say in these emails? just a couple sentences expressing that its still my top choice? its not like i have any personal updates that i didnt mention in the LOCI. (i didnt have any then either actually...)

yeah i didnt think it was ever even OKAY to call but sounds like people do it. im not sure how they approach it and even make sure they get to speak to the right person!

aulburch
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: Duke WL

Postby aulburch » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:23 am

Spoke to the dean about last year, they accepted no one off their waitlist (I only knew of one WL at Duke). The Class of 2012 has about 25 more people than the other two classes at DULS

lshopeful3232
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:49 pm

Re: Duke WL

Postby lshopeful3232 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:34 am

hm well thats just about the most upsetting thing ive heard in awhile!
did he mention how many there were off the WL the year before that?

User avatar
roguey
Posts: 291
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:45 am

Re: Tucker Max University WL

Postby roguey » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:42 am

I received a very enthusiastic acceptance letter. Sorry to you guys who have been WLed. I guess being a midget helped me out. The letter was a little disturbing, but I did get full tuition plus COL. I don't think I can say no!!!

User avatar
rockthelaw
Posts: 475
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:53 am

Re: Tucker Max University WL

Postby rockthelaw » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:50 am

I wrote about my love of sushi restaurants and my beauty pageant girlfriend in my LOCI. I know, not exactly typical LOCI material. But I feel like TMU appreciates "unique" stories.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: canafsa, dianersg, genjustice, judill, Keilz, Long shot hero, malysh, phelpsy, smashbash, ssolli, texteach, tinafeyclone and 51 guests