BU vs. WUSTL (30k)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
killuminati

BU vs. WUSTL (30k)

Postby killuminati » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:29 pm

Since WUSTL's initial deposit is fully refundable, i'm going to send it in. I'm going to wait for the 2011 rankings to come out on April 15th before sending in my seat deposit for Boston because it's non-refundable. WUSTL's ASD was great, the staff knew my name, and the current students really reached out to me before my visit and hung out with me throughout the day. Also, I was able to ask for an increase in scholarship and I received it that same day. Boston on the other hand did not have a great preview day although it was in LA. I even received the cold shoulder from a professor I waited to talk to for about 20-30 minutes (and he saw me and knew I was waiting to talk to him), while WUSTL's were more than willing to talk to me and answer my questions. Can anyone give me a different perspective on this? Especially those students that went to Boston's admit day, it's getting close to decision time and WUSTL's ASD really impressed me...especially with the scholly increase. I was planning on attending Boston but I am not sure anymore.

84Sunbird2000

Re: BU vs. WUSTL (30k)

Postby 84Sunbird2000 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:34 pm

killuminati wrote:Since WUSTL's initial deposit is fully refundable, i'm going to send it in. I'm going to wait for the 2011 rankings to come out on April 15th before sending in my seat deposit for Boston because it's non-refundable. WUSTL's ASD was great, the staff knew my name, and the current students really reached out to me before my visit and hung out with me throughout the day. Also, I was able to ask for an increase in scholarship and I received it that same day. Boston on the other hand did not have a great preview day although it was in LA. I even received the cold shoulder from a professor I waited to talk to for about 20-30 minutes (and he saw me and knew I was waiting to talk to him), while WUSTL's were more than willing to talk to me and answer my questions. Can anyone give me a different perspective on this? Especially those students that went to Boston's admit day, it's getting close to decision time and WUSTL's ASD really impressed me...especially with the scholly increase. I was planning on attending Boston but I am not sure anymore.

So, WUSTL offered you 30k per year and BU offered you nothing? I'd take WUSTL if that is the case. I mean BU obviously does better in Boston than WUSTL, but WUSTL has a very wide reach and they are solidly stuck at 19th (they are a full 3 ratings points above BU) if you are worried about the rankings. Plus, you liked the ASD at WUSTL.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”