Question about status checker - Admitted = Waitlisted?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Waitingontheworld

Question about status checker - Admitted = Waitlisted?

Postby Waitingontheworld » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:56 pm

So I was waitlisted by ____ law school but I just checked my status checker and it says "Admitted". Does anyone know if the status checker only has an "admitted" and "denied" status? (I thought it would say I was on the 'waitlist' or something

*edit: So apparently it was a flop and I am only waitlisted. It's very distressing how such a big "mistake" could be made by a law school.
Last edited by Waitingontheworld on Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:17 am, edited 5 times in total.

MDPSteve

Re: Question about status checker - Admitted = Waitlisted?

Postby MDPSteve » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:40 pm

Two of the schools I was waitlisted at have my status checker as waitlisted.

Waitingontheworld

Postby Waitingontheworld » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:10 pm

/\ hm, interesting. Thanks for letting me know. I am wondering if they made a mistake ( I hoping the mistake was the email and not the status checker - what's the likelihood of that? :shock: )

starrydecisus

Postby starrydecisus » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:23 pm

Waitingontheworld wrote:/\ hm, interesting. Thanks for letting me know. I am wondering if they made a mistake ( I hoping the mistake was the email and not the status checker - what's the likelihood of that? :shock: )

Hmm...weird. Is there a chance you have been admitted off the waitlist? I think you should call admissions office ASAP Monday morning.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:38 pm

Waitingontheworld wrote:/\ hm, interesting. Thanks for letting me know. I am wondering if they made a mistake ( I hoping the mistake was the email and not the status checker - what's the likelihood of that? :shock: )

Not to raise your hopes too high, but another TLS-er was admitted to Berkeley via status checker (and phone call) but found an erroneous waitlist email in his inbox. He called them and received an apology.

Waitingontheworld

Postby Waitingontheworld » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:03 pm

/\ oh man, I really hope you are right! The day I got "admitted" via status is the same as the date I got "waitlisted" via email. They also placed the first and second deposit under my requirements list. I'll cross my fingers and call them Monday. :shock: If I really did get admitted, I've been sulking in depression all weekend for no reason. But was it all worth it if the email was a mistake? YES INDEED.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”