Tacky to mention other acceptances/schollys in LOCI?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jmhendri

Tacky to mention other acceptances/schollys in LOCI?

Postby jmhendri » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:18 pm

I'm wondering if it would be tacky to mention other acceptances and scholarship offers in an LOCI as leverage to get bumped off a waitlist? Maybe stating something like: although I have other exciting offers of admission paired with generous scholarship money, I am still most excited at the prospect of attending ___________ .

What do you think?

ENGINEERD

Re: Tacky to mention other acceptances/schollys in LOCI?

Postby ENGINEERD » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:25 pm

I wrote something almost verbatim to that. I am interested to see what people think. It may be slightly tacky but I was just trying to be honest and display my interest in the school.

Billy Blanks

Postby Billy Blanks » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:29 pm

I think it would be fine if done as suggested in the OP. Something like, "That your school is still among my top choices, notwithstanding the generous aid offer from School X, speaks to my interest in attending and shows the sincerity of blah blah blah." Also, if you make it less pompous than my example it would probably be good.

MeTalkPrettyOneDay

Postby MeTalkPrettyOneDay » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:00 pm

Don't do it.

Integrity

Postby Integrity » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:57 pm

I would advise against it because chances are the law school in question knows you have options. It's even awkward with scholarship requests. Unless you got into a T14 and are waitlisted at a Tier 2, I do not think it's the best course of action. Then again, my 10 waitlists speak to my not always knowing how to get the acceptance myself. Honest, at least...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”