University of Virginia waitlist

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ilovelamp18

Re: University of Virginia waitlist

Postby ilovelamp18 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:16 pm

vanwinkle: I appreciate the extended response. Makes excellent sense. So I guess I need to put together a 2nd LOCI explaining just where I'm at. Thanks again.

aksharmabsc

Postby aksharmabsc » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:19 am

I'm wait listed as well - I applied ED and have been wait listed since September. I've written 2 LOCI's since Feb and I've sent into 2 more Letters of Recommendations from employers (1 of which was a UVA Law Grad). Not sure if it will help - I wish you the best of luck. I know there seems to be a LOT of people on their wait list.

ruckeme

Postby ruckeme » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:03 pm

i was recently released from the wl and a few days ago i received an email about law review submissions. the email was sent from an outside source (u washington), but it was sent to a listserve for current uva law students ( a 1l responded to the email with his submissions).

i am confused. was this email a fluke or is it possible to be offered admission after you have been rejected?

anyone?

loveprofusion2

Postby loveprofusion2 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:23 pm

I'm waitlisted too. My LSAT is on the lower end but my GPA is great. Don't really expect to get off the waitlist, though.

howcani111

Postby howcani111 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:25 pm

no one will be getting off the waitlist. Judging about how they are overrenrolled. I'm surprised that they haven't withdrawn a lot of people from their waitlist.

Integrity

Postby Integrity » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:05 pm

howcani111 wrote:no one will be getting off the waitlist. Judging about how they are overrenrolled. I'm surprised that they haven't withdrawn a lot of people from their waitlist.

I know they made some pretty steep wait list cuts in May, but they must be waiting until after Jun 15 until they make any further moves. I'm holding on with my dear life...!

ptacs72

Postby ptacs72 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:33 pm

how over enrolled are they? does anyone have a number? i just read
Duke is over enrolled by 45 students.

also, i find that somewhat surprising since they were over enrolled last year. i thought they would have admitted very conservatively this year and would have needed to pull from the waitlist rather than over enroll again.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”