BC for NYC biglaw

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
fitzgerald86

BC for NYC biglaw

Postby fitzgerald86 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:09 pm

Still waiting to hear back from Fordham... but may end up at BC. What have people heard about BC for NYC biglaw? I know BC does quite well in New England but don't know much about how they fare in NYC.

Is BC a better choice than say, Cardozo, when it comes to this?

newyorker88

Re: BC for NYC biglaw

Postby newyorker88 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:22 pm

According to the TLS profiles of the schools for Cardozo you need to be top 10-15% of your class for top firms in manhattan. Boston College top 1/3rd go into big law and around top 10% for big law outside of the area. It doesn't say anything specific about new york though.

Blindmelon

Postby Blindmelon » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:26 pm

newyorker88 wrote:According to the TLS profiles of the schools for Cardozo you need to be top 10-15% of your class for top firms in manhattan. Boston College top 1/3rd go into big law and around top 10% for big law outside of the area. It doesn't say anything specific about new york though.

ITE no. When things were good, BC had no issues with NYC... ITE, I wouldn't count on it. Then again, I wouldn't count on landing a good gig in NYC out of Fordham. Overall, BC does place better than Fordham though, you'll just have to do a little more legwork than those looking to stay in Boston.

fitzgerald86

Postby fitzgerald86 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:45 am

I'm from Boston, and I adore the city, but I'm pretty certain I want to make NYC my home. If Fordham pulls through for me, my choice is very easy. But it's difficult to decide between BC and Cardozo... Cardozo gave me a pretty substantial scholarship and is in my city of choice, but BC is so much better in many other ways.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”