UGA Wait List 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
tx1987
Posts: 115
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:21 pm

Re: UGA Wait List 2010

Postby tx1987 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:33 pm

bmcinto wrote:
insertclevernamehere wrote:Guess the list isn't that small (I got the email too) -- or TLS is just the best of the best.

Probably both.



My sentiments exactly. The email also mentioned that they "recently denied admission to the vast majority of applicants who were on the waiting list," however, looking at LSN, there hasn't been anything "recently."


What exactly is LSN? How does one get to it?

rnjones73
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:49 pm

Re: UGA Wait List 2010

Postby rnjones73 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:49 pm

.
Last edited by rnjones73 on Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

tx1987
Posts: 115
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:21 pm

Re: UGA Wait List 2010

Postby tx1987 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:28 pm

tx1987 wrote:
bmcinto wrote:
insertclevernamehere wrote:Guess the list isn't that small (I got the email too) -- or TLS is just the best of the best.

Probably both.



My sentiments exactly. The email also mentioned that they "recently denied admission to the vast majority of applicants who were on the waiting list," however, looking at LSN, there hasn't been anything "recently."


What exactly is LSN? How does one get to it?


Never mind. Figured it out being the sleuth that I am....it was really hard, too. Haha!

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: UGA Wait List 2010

Postby keg411 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:39 pm

I didn't get the e-mail. Guess I was one of the ones denied :? .
Good luck everyone else!

lawhawk
Posts: 271
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: UGA Wait List 2010

Postby lawhawk » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:46 pm

Yeah I didn't get that email either. But I definitely didn't get notification that I have been denied. hmm.

User avatar
eandy
Posts: 2725
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: UGA Wait List 2010

Postby eandy » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:48 pm

rnjones73 wrote:This is the letter that I received today

keg411 wrote:I didn't get the e-mail. Guess I was one of the ones denied :? .
Good luck everyone else!
lawhawk wrote:Yeah I didn't get that email either. But I definitely didn't get notification that I have been denied. hmm.

lawhawk
Posts: 271
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: UGA Wait List 2010

Postby lawhawk » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:50 pm

eandy wrote:
rnjones73 wrote:This is the letter that I received today

keg411 wrote:I didn't get the e-mail. Guess I was one of the ones denied :? .
Good luck everyone else!
lawhawk wrote:Yeah I didn't get that email either. But I definitely didn't get notification that I have been denied. hmm.


yeah yeah youright -- good catch. I guess since it looked copied and pasted we assumed email.

User avatar
eandy
Posts: 2725
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: UGA Wait List 2010

Postby eandy » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:52 pm

lawhawk wrote:
yeah yeah youright -- good catch. I guess since it looked copied and pasted we assumed email.

I don't want you guys to get worried too quickly!

bmcinto
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:07 am

Re: UGA Wait List 2010

Postby bmcinto » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:53 pm

mine came in email from bsaundrs@uga.edu at 11:08 am.

User avatar
eandy
Posts: 2725
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: UGA Wait List 2010

Postby eandy » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:56 pm

bmcinto wrote:mine came in email from bsaundrs@uga.edu at 11:08 am.

nvm. return to panic mode.

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: UGA Wait List 2010

Postby keg411 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:05 pm

eandy wrote:
bmcinto wrote:mine came in email from bsaundrs@uga.edu at 11:08 am.

nvm. return to panic mode.


I went back onto the UGA status checker and it said I had been denied. Apparently they don't send denial e-mails. I'm already leased and set at my school, so it's probably for the best that I'm not a WL finalist. I really think my GPA was just too low to be competitive this year.

User avatar
eandy
Posts: 2725
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: UGA Wait List 2010

Postby eandy » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:06 pm

keg411 wrote:
eandy wrote:
bmcinto wrote:mine came in email from bsaundrs@uga.edu at 11:08 am.

nvm. return to panic mode.


I went back onto the UGA status checker and it said I had been denied. Apparently they don't send denial e-mails. I'm already leased and set at my school, so it's probably for the best that I'm not a WL finalist. I really think my GPA was just too low to be competitive this year.

:( :cry:

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: UGA Wait List 2010

Postby keg411 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:21 pm

eandy wrote:
keg411 wrote:
eandy wrote:
bmcinto wrote:mine came in email from bsaundrs@uga.edu at 11:08 am.

nvm. return to panic mode.


I went back onto the UGA status checker and it said I had been denied. Apparently they don't send denial e-mails. I'm already leased and set at my school, so it's probably for the best that I'm not a WL finalist. I really think my GPA was just too low to be competitive this year.

:( :cry:


I'll be okay :).

rnjones73
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:49 pm

Re: UGA Wait List 2010

Postby rnjones73 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:04 pm

For clarification, it was an e-mail that I received. I apologize for not being as clear as i could have been

User avatar
LadyTarHeelian
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:59 am

Re: UGA Wait List 2010

Postby LadyTarHeelian » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:54 pm

I withdrew from UGA because I got into Wake Forest so there's now one less person on that supposedly short list. Good luck guys!

User avatar
g-children
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:04 pm

Re: UGA Wait List 2010

Postby g-children » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:51 am

I got a letter in the mail, I got denied. Good luck everyone else, might wait and try again next year.

User avatar
Peanutjelly
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:02 pm

Re: UGA Wait List 2010

Postby Peanutjelly » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:11 pm

Hey guys,
I'm new to TLS, but I also am on the (third cut of) the waiting list. Has anyone heard anything since getting the most latest email and confirming their spot on the shortened list?

bmcinto
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:07 am

Re: UGA Wait List 2010

Postby bmcinto » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:30 pm

Peanutjelly wrote:Hey guys,
I'm new to TLS, but I also am on the (third cut of) the waiting list. Has anyone heard anything since getting the most latest email and confirming their spot on the shortened list?


I have not received any other communications since receiving the email you are referring to.

kwlaw88
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:58 pm

Re: UGA Wait List 2010

Postby kwlaw88 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:03 pm

Hey guys, I am also new to TLS.
Just thought i'd let everyone know that I called UGA today and they said they have not accepted anyone from the wait list yet. Good luck to everyone!

lookingforlaw
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:34 pm

Re: UGA Wait List 2010

Postby lookingforlaw » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:10 am

I got the e-mail. I forgot to reply. Oops. I wouldn't want to wait until orientation to know anyway. Hope someone gets in off my missing response! :o)

rnjones73
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:49 pm

Re: UGA Wait List 2010

Postby rnjones73 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:25 am

.
Last edited by rnjones73 on Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Peanutjelly
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:02 pm

Re: UGA Wait List 2010

Postby Peanutjelly » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:32 pm

rnjones73 wrote:I just got off of the phone with Gregory Roseboro at UGA law and he said that they HAVE made all acceptances from the waitlist for this year and that he DOES NOT anticipate any other seats coming open. However, they are going to keep everyone on the list until orientation,"just in case"..... Good Luck to everyone and I am sorry that I had to be the bearer of bad news this morning.


hmm... well, at least now we know, I guess. Thanks for the update.

kwlaw88 wrote:Hey guys, I am also new to TLS.
Just thought i'd let everyone know that I called UGA today and they said they have not accepted anyone from the wait list yet. Good luck to everyone!


kwlaw, how exactly did your conversation with the school go? Is it too much to hope that Roseboro is wrong? Probably not, i guess, since he's the associate director of admissions (i just finished google stalking him).

primusux
Posts: 297
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:02 pm

Re: UGA Wait List 2010

Postby primusux » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:17 pm

rnjones73 wrote:I just got off of the phone with Gregory Roseboro at UGA law and he said that they HAVE made all acceptances from the waitlist for this year and that he DOES NOT anticipate any other seats coming open. However, they are going to keep everyone on the list until orientation,"just in case"..... Good Luck to everyone and I am sorry that I had to be the bearer of bad news this morning.



Either you're lying or he is. I made it past the first cut on the wait list a loooong time ago. Forgot I was even still on it until I received a letter in the mail at the end of last week stating I was now being removed as it was clear no spot would open for me. *shrug*

rnjones73
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:49 pm

Re: UGA Wait List 2010

Postby rnjones73 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:49 pm

Please understand that I have no reason to lie to anyone, especially considering that it is my life dream to attend UGA. I encourage any/all of you to call UGA for yourself, at this point what would it hurt? As previously stated, I wish all of you the very best and for all of our sakes I hope Roseboro was not truthful, but I honestly doubt he would lie for no reason. Perhaps someone can try and contact Paul Rollins and get some feedback from him.

In regards to my conversation, I called him and said that I am a waitlisted student and I was inquiring on the status of available seats for the incoming class, his response was "we have made all of the offers from the waitlist that we needed to and at this point the class is full".

However, we are going to keep a small number of applicants on file until orientation, just in case. I said thank you and I appreciate your time, he responded good luck and I wish you the very best.

I apologize that I previously stated all of the applicants, I assumed everyone knew I was referring to the applicants that were currently on the waitlist, not the ones that were already cut.

primusux
Posts: 297
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:02 pm

Re: UGA Wait List 2010

Postby primusux » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:13 pm

rnjones73 wrote:Please understand that I have no reason to lie to anyone, especially considering that it is my life dream to attend UGA. I encourage any/all of you to call UGA for yourself, at this point what would it hurt? As previously stated, I wish all of you the very best and for all of our sakes I hope Roseboro was not truthful, but I honestly doubt he would lie for no reason. Perhaps someone can try and contact Paul Rollins and get some feedback from him.

In regards to my conversation, I called him and said that I am a waitlisted student and I was inquiring on the status of available seats for the incoming class, his response was "we have made all of the offers from the waitlist that we needed to and at this point the class is full".

However, we are going to keep a small number of applicants on file until orientation, just in case. I said thank you and I appreciate your time, he responded good luck and I wish you the very best.

I apologize that I previously stated all of the applicants, I assumed everyone knew I was referring to the applicants that were currently on the waitlist, not the ones that were already cut.



No worries, I don't mind either way as I hope everyone that truly wants to go can get in! I just found it weird that he would say 'everyone' and I wrongly assumed it was everyone past that first cut. Thanks for clarifying and best of luck to everyone!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”