Early Withdrawal: Now's the time, please.

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
foxyeconomist

Early Withdrawal: Now's the time, please.

Postby foxyeconomist » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:27 pm

Make sure you're doing fellow TLSers a favor by withdrawing from your safeties or schools that you've decided against attending. Many of us are on waitlists and would kill to go to your safeties.

Maybe you've got a boatload of acceptances and it's too early to decide which school you'll attend. If that's the case, maybe you are ready to withdraw from one or two of the schools. I imagine it would be a huge help to admissions officers as well as waitlisted/pending applicants.

I withdrew from Minnesota and USF yesterday. I plan on withdrawing from one more next week. I'm hoping to get off the waitlist at Berkeley, so if you're holding onto an acceptance you don't want, think of me -or someone you like better than me- who is stuck on the waitlist.

Tell us where you withdrew/plan on withdrawing, so we can get our hopes up prematurely.
Last edited by foxyeconomist on Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

adameus

Re: Time to start withdrawing from schools you won't attend

Postby adameus » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:29 pm

well, at least you are leading by example. I think I will withdraw from UCLA soon.

robin600

Re: Early Withdrawal: Now's the time, please.

Postby robin600 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:32 pm

Withdrawn from Wisconsin, and Georgia, GMU, Fordham, Indiana, Illinois, UMN, waitlists

skynet

Postby skynet » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:33 pm

agreed. 6 w/d's for me so far. admissions folks have been very appreciative. this is especially good to do if you are turning down $.

Postby 09042014 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:34 pm

foxyeconomist wrote:Make sure you're doing fellow TLSers a favor by withdrawing from your safeties or schools that you've decided against attending. Many of us are on waitlists and would kill to go to your safeties.

Maybe you've got a boatload of acceptances and it's too early to decide which school you'll attend. If that's the case, maybe you are ready to withdraw from one or two of the schools. I imagine it would be a huge help to admissions officers as well as waitlisted/pending applicants.

I withdrew from Minnesota and USF yesterday. I plan on withdrawing from one more next week. I'm hoping to get off the waitlist at Berkeley, so if you're holding onto an acceptance you don't want, think of me -or someone you like better than me- who is stuck on the waitlist.

Tell us where you withdrew/plan on withdrawing, so we can get our hopes up prematurely.

Withdrawing doesn't open a spot. Schools give out 3 to 4 times as many admits as they have seats. They won't start pulling from the WL until after the deposit deadline.

skynet

Postby skynet » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:37 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
foxyeconomist wrote:Make sure you're doing fellow TLSers a favor by withdrawing from your safeties or schools that you've decided against attending. Many of us are on waitlists and would kill to go to your safeties.

Withdrawing doesn't open a spot. Schools give out 3 to 4 times as many admits as they have seats. They won't start pulling from the WL until after the deposit deadline.

Right (except w/r/t merit $). It's just the right thing to do out of professional courtesy.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:38 pm

as a low splitter, and on behalf of low splitters, and all lower stats applicants

Thank you.

LawandOrder

Postby LawandOrder » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:40 pm

That's what she said!

psychomohel

Postby psychomohel » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:42 pm

Withdrew from 8 schools.

lawduder

Postby lawduder » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:48 pm

+1 for the courteous people here, my last and final withdraw will be on Saturday

missvik218

Postby missvik218 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:52 pm

Withdrew from UM, UF and W&L ... hoping TLSers get my schollies!!

GermX

Postby GermX » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:08 pm

Yes please do not hold onto a UCLA seat if you don't want it. Please. You don't understand how financially UCLA would save me.

maximus34998

Postby maximus34998 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:16 pm

Withdrawing from UIUC, WUSTL, W&L, Minnesota, and Vandy today. Good luck to everyone!

lawduder

Postby lawduder » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:18 pm

maximus34998 wrote:Withdrawing from UIUC, WUSTL, W&L, Minnesota, and Vandy today. Good luck to everyone!

EMORY WOOT!

DoubleChecks

Postby DoubleChecks » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:19 pm

i plan on withdrawing very soon

TheBigMediocre

Postby TheBigMediocre » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:20 pm

DoubleChecks wrote:i plan on withdrawing very soon

from your mother.

megaTTTron

Postby megaTTTron » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:20 pm

I just wanna +1 this whole thread. Some withdrawal last cycle got in me to my top choice in August.

THANK YOU (whoever you are) !!!

S de Garmeaux

Postby S de Garmeaux » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:21 pm

but how will i be able to wear this belt with no notches in it?

foxyeconomist

Postby foxyeconomist » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:22 pm

skynet wrote:Right (except w/r/t merit $). It's just the right thing to do out of professional courtesy.

I forgot to mention I'm freeing up a $30k renewable scholarship at MN and $27k renewable scholarship at USF. Fingers crossed that they go to deserving TLSers.

DoubleChecks, haha.

DoubleChecks

Postby DoubleChecks » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:22 pm

TheBigMediocre wrote:

from your mother.

thanks for completing the sentence for me :P

and yeah, i was speaking to you haha

TheBigMediocre

Postby TheBigMediocre » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:23 pm

DoubleChecks wrote:
TheBigMediocre wrote:

from your mother.

thanks for completing the sentence for me :P

and yeah, i was speaking to you haha

Dad?

maximus34998

Postby maximus34998 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:29 pm

lawduder wrote:
maximus34998 wrote:Withdrawing from UIUC, WUSTL, W&L, Minnesota, and Vandy today. Good luck to everyone!

EMORY WOOT!

Dude, for real! I sent my deposit today...so freaking excited!!!

forza

Postby forza » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:30 pm

Withdrew from:

Chicago - 30k
UPenn
Michigan WL
UVA
UCLA
Texas - 93k
Emory - 75k
Alabama - 45k

Will likely withdraw soon (barring some big, sudden news):

Columbia
Berkeley
Duke
Cornell

Hope you guys get some love from these schools!

Postby 09042014 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:34 pm

skynet wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

Right (except w/r/t merit $). It's just the right thing to do out of professional courtesy.

Not even for merit aid.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”