When should I call?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
acoon624

When should I call?

Postby acoon624 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:22 am

I applied to a school in Jan. and according to the online status checker, the file has been with the admissions committee since 2/17. There's also a disclaimer on top of the page saying that the file is with the admissions staff and that the process can 2 weeks to a month. It says if I haven't heard in 4 weeks to call them... it's been four weeks and I don't want to piss anyone off. Assuming I don't hear in the next couple days, when should I call?

keemos

Re: When should I call?

Postby keemos » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:23 am

acoon624 wrote:I applied to a school in Jan. and according to the online status checker, the file has been with the admissions committee since 2/17. There's also a disclaimer on top of the page saying that the file is with the admissions staff and that the process can 2 weeks to a month. It says if I haven't heard in 4 weeks to call them... it's been four weeks and I don't want to piss anyone off. Assuming I don't hear in the next couple days, when should I call?

I think you answered your own question. Give it a couple of days, call on Friday

acoon624

Postby acoon624 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:24 am

keemos wrote:
acoon624 wrote:I applied to a school in Jan. and according to the online status checker, the file has been with the admissions committee since 2/17. There's also a disclaimer on top of the page saying that the file is with the admissions staff and that the process can 2 weeks to a month. It says if I haven't heard in 4 weeks to call them... it's been four weeks and I don't want to piss anyone off. Assuming I don't hear in the next couple days, when should I call?

I think you answered your own question. Give it a couple of days, call on Friday

Thanks...I just didn't want to piss the school off

lawschoolgiant

Postby lawschoolgiant » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:25 am

YOU CAN CALL NOW. It wont piss them off, just ask respectfully what stage of the process your application is in. IT will not make them mad, they expect it.

holydonkey

Postby holydonkey » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:27 am

yeah, why not? call now. It can't hurt, but it may help get you a decision faster.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”