Is UVA really going to put anyone off the waitlist?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
crepesme

Is UVA really going to put anyone off the waitlist?

Postby crepesme » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:12 pm

Waitlisted. According to my research in this form, they barely put anyone off the waitlist last year. Any thoughts?

Besides LOCI and waiting, what else I can do now to improve my chance? Thx

avacado111

Re: Is UVA really going to put anyone off the waitlist?

Postby avacado111 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:14 pm

should have EDed when you had the chance.

dk8

Postby dk8 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:16 pm

it looks rough. there seems to be 10 million people on it, alot of them with very good numbers.

cardinalandgold

Postby cardinalandgold » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:20 pm

I'm considering my UVA waitlist as a soft rejection. That's ok though, as I have moved on to other options that I am excited about. Good luck!

flyingpanda

Postby flyingpanda » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:26 pm

In before Vanwinkle.

(Virginia is/was planning to actually pull people off the waitlist this year, but nobody knows for sure how that is going to play out until people start deciding on UVA and sending in deposits)

crepesme

Postby crepesme » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:31 pm

Is it rude to ask them whether I can put some deposit now to show my love?

dk8

Postby dk8 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:38 pm

crepesme wrote:Is it rude to ask them whether I can put some deposit now to show my love?

lol. this might work if you are above both medians

crepesme

Postby crepesme » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:51 pm

dk8 wrote:
crepesme wrote:Is it rude to ask them whether I can put some deposit now to show my love?

I know it's lame. Just the waiting is killing me! 172/3.6. And I really want to go there

dk8

Postby dk8 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:55 pm

crepesme wrote:
dk8 wrote:

I know it's lame. Just the waiting is killing me! 172/3.6. And I really want to go there

well you do have solid numbers. there are a ton of people on the waitlist in that range though. i'm 3.5/171 on the WL, but I ed'ed, am in state and still got that result so they must think i'm a huge douche or something. not counting on getting in

as van winkle says, the best thing you can do is write them a LOCI telling them that you would definitely accept an offer of admission and visit if you can. beyond that, probably not much you can do.

epyon

Postby epyon » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:56 pm

Send in the ED form and beg them to honor it...?

crepesme

Postby crepesme » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:57 pm

dk8 wrote:
crepesme wrote:
dk8 wrote:

well you do have solid numbers. there are a ton of people on the waitlist in that range though. i'm 3.5/171 on the WL, but I ed'ed, am in state and still got that result so they must think i'm a huge douche or something. not counting on getting in

as van winkle says, the best thing you can do is write them a LOCI telling them that you would definitely accept an offer of admission and visit if you can. beyond that, probably not much you can do.

Thx. I was waitlisted at the end of Feb and a LOCI was already sent. Seems nothing else I can do at this point:(

of Benito Cereno

Postby of Benito Cereno » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:01 pm

on lsn last year there are 4 waitlist - acceptances vs 10 for HLS.

crepesme

Postby crepesme » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:03 pm

of Benito Cereno wrote:on lsn last year there are 4 waitlist - acceptances vs 10 for HLS.

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

orphanarium

Postby orphanarium » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:05 pm

Last edited by orphanarium on Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CG614

Postby CG614 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:08 pm

They have treated this cycle much differently than past cycles from what I have seen and heard. So, I would not use their actions from last year to predict what they will do this year. My best guess is that they will have to pull from the WL. I think this is a numbers play to get them out of that tie at 10. Their yield will increase and so forth. But what do I know. Good luck to those waiting still. I withdrew the day after being placed on the WL. Not too fond of their game this year.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:10 pm

I would guess it would be less, since I'm guessing more people ED'd due to the extension of the ED deadline, but like aznflyingpanda said, we really won't know until the time to throw down seat deposits rolls around.

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:13 pm

dk8 wrote:i'm 3.5/171 on the WL, but I ed'ed, am in state and still got that result.

this is surprising to me.

dk8

Postby dk8 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:14 pm

IAFG wrote:
dk8 wrote:i'm 3.5/171 on the WL, but I ed'ed, am in state and still got that result.

yeah, i know. i actually asked them in an e-mail if there was something egregious on my app that i should know about but they didn't respond.

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:17 pm

dk8 wrote:
IAFG wrote:

yeah, i know. i actually asked them in an e-mail if there was something egregious on my app that i should know about but they didn't respond.

yeah i have similar numbers and as a resident i was totally sure they never read my application at all before admitting me. gonna guess LOR?

dk8

Postby dk8 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:19 pm

IAFG wrote:
dk8 wrote:
IAFG wrote:

yeah i have similar numbers and as a resident i was totally sure they never read my application at all before admitting me. gonna guess LOR?

possible but i doubt it. all recommenders said they would give me a good one.

i went to an undergrad that gets alot of shit in va especially from uva grads so maybe they were hating on that, lol.

crepesme

Postby crepesme » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:26 pm

orphanarium wrote:I would call and/or email to ask if you'd be able to send an ED agreement to them, even though it's past the deadline. Either that, or explicitly say that you would be willing to sign an ED agreement as a condition of any potential admissions offer in another LOCI.

It sounds reasonable. I'll try it, Thx

Kohinoor

Postby Kohinoor » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:33 pm

Yes.

crepesme

Postby crepesme » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:10 pm

dk8 wrote:
crepesme wrote:
dk8 wrote:

Can't believe that they waitlisted you with your numbers and in state status.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”