Attention HYS admits

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
AngryAvocado

Re: Attention HYS admits

Postby AngryAvocado » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:25 pm

APimpNamedSlickback wrote:
DoubleChecks wrote:
ConMan345 wrote:
CardinalRules wrote:I got in because I'm just that amazing. :lol:

Seriously, though, you can PM me for softs if you want. I'm happy to help.

Here, ladies and gentlemen, is an example of how "joking" lets one say what one truly believes without the social consequences of being held accountable for it. :lol:

if you got into HYS and dont think yourself "amazing" on some level (maybe subconsciously), then you prob lack the confidence to succeed in law

haha "just kidding" -- im being facetious, but not really

those of you guys that have hung out with me here probably recognize that i lack confidence in general, and especially as it relates to getting into HYS. my modesty is my achilles heel.

so i'm not really sure how i'm going to make it in law. i can only hope that managamy will take me under his wings at some point and impart crucial life lessons before 1L starts.

You're Good Enough, Smart Enough, and Doggone it, People Like You!

ConMan345

Postby ConMan345 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:39 pm

DoubleChecks wrote:
ConMan345 wrote:

Here, ladies and gentlemen, is an example of how "joking" lets one say what one truly believes without the social consequences of being held accountable for it. :lol:

if you got into HYS and dont think yourself "amazing" on some level (maybe subconsciously), then you prob lack the confidence to succeed in law

haha, well, if we're talking pragmatics, I prefer the approach of confident when it counts, modest otherwise. Win/win. I'm giving manag a hard time, if that wasn't clear, but let's not conflate thinking oneself amazing and saying it out loud--my teasing stands and I agree with you.

DoubleChecks

Postby DoubleChecks » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:46 pm

ConMan345 wrote:
DoubleChecks wrote:
ConMan345 wrote:

haha, well, if we're talking pragmatics, I prefer the approach of confident when it counts, modest otherwise. Win/win. I'm giving manag a hard time, if that wasn't clear, but let's not conflate thinking oneself amazing and saying it out loud--my teasing stands and I agree with you.

haha i was just joking as well. on another note, cardinalrules = managamy?! holy crap, i just realized that!! (if that is indeed the case)

ConMan345

Postby ConMan345 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:49 pm

DoubleChecks wrote:
haha i was just joking as well. on another note, cardinalrules = managamy?! holy crap, i just realized that!! (if that is indeed the case)

Lol, I'm pretty certain, ya. I mean, it would be quite the coincidence for someone else to be similarly Stanfordy, outspoken and obsessed with scantily-clad female professional tennis players.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:51 pm

ConMan345 wrote:
DoubleChecks wrote:

Lol, I'm pretty certain, ya. I mean, it would be quite the coincidence for someone else to be similarly Stanfordy, outspoken and obsessed with scantily-clad female professional tennis players.

It would, wouldn't it? :wink:

Lmao Zedong

Postby Lmao Zedong » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:00 pm

APimpNamedSlickback wrote:investment banking experience, solid undergrad, and above median lsat

, and...

APimpNamedSlickback

Postby APimpNamedSlickback » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:41 pm

x
Last edited by APimpNamedSlickback on Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lmao Zedong

Postby Lmao Zedong » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:14 pm

APimpNamedSlickback wrote:
Lmao Zedong wrote:
APimpNamedSlickback wrote:investment banking experience, solid undergrad, and above median lsat

, and...

is being able to name every member of the wu-tang clan considered a viable soft factor?

of course, but having lots of melanin is the best soft of all, no?

sassafraza wrote:Also say if you're URM so we can more accurately assess our chances.

in any case, even if the OP hadn't mentioned that, it just seems laughable to me that you'd mention your WE or "solid undergrad" before your URM status in terms of what got you in. don't (pretend to) be delusional

edit: i am pro-AA just for the record, just a little annoyed by your apparent unwillingness to acknowledge its existence

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”