Held at Columbia Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
paglababa
Posts: 888
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:34 pm

Re: Held at Columbia Thread

Postby paglababa » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:07 pm

waferthinmint wrote:Lol. I think the stress level is pretty low for me, as I'm already in love with NYU and would be really happy going there. I just neeeed cloooooosuuuuuuuuure. . .


Same here. If that closure included a Hamilton ;)

User avatar
MrMileyCyrus
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:23 pm

Re: Held at Columbia Thread

Postby MrMileyCyrus » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:30 pm

waferthinmint wrote:
MrMileyCyrus wrote:I was on the fence about NYU vs. Columbia, but this hold nonsense is definitely skewing me toward NYU. Factor in the fact that NYU is filled with bars and hot undergrads, while Columbia has...overzealous gunners and whatever is in Morningside Heights? If it wasn't for the damn rankings...


Meh what's two rungs in the long run?


'Tis true, especially since chances are I'll basically end up with the same job afterwards.

fivestarfolds
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: Held at Columbia Thread

Postby fivestarfolds » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:32 pm

MrMileyCyrus wrote:
waferthinmint wrote:
MrMileyCyrus wrote:I was on the fence about NYU vs. Columbia, but this hold nonsense is definitely skewing me toward NYU. Factor in the fact that NYU is filled with bars and hot undergrads, while Columbia has...overzealous gunners and whatever is in Morningside Heights? If it wasn't for the damn rankings...


Meh what's two rungs in the long run?


'Tis true, especially since chances are I'll basically end up with the same job afterwards.

Also NYU barely trails u of c this year. Maybe they can take it up a notch next year

User avatar
checkers
Posts: 372
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:35 am

Re: Held at Columbia Thread

Postby checkers » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:54 pm

fivestarfolds wrote:Also NYU barely trails u of c this year. Maybe they can take it up a notch next year


Doubtful after they accepted my GPA, muahahaha

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Held at Columbia Thread

Postby drawstring » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:38 pm

some days I forget that I was held. Come on Columbia :evil:

User avatar
jbagelboy
Posts: 9637
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: Held at Columbia Thread

Postby jbagelboy » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:02 pm

MrMileyCyrus wrote:
waferthinmint wrote:
MrMileyCyrus wrote:I was on the fence about NYU vs. Columbia, but this hold nonsense is definitely skewing me toward NYU. Factor in the fact that NYU is filled with bars and hot undergrads, while Columbia has...overzealous gunners and whatever is in Morningside Heights? If it wasn't for the damn rankings...


Meh what's two rungs in the long run?


'Tis true, especially since chances are I'll basically end up with the same job afterwards.


Lol, I almost feel like interjecting to arrest this pro-NYU blasphemy, but I can understand the desire to bitch against CLS in this thread. Definitely don't choose one or the other based on the US News survey. Yea, the village is funner than Morningside, although we're not any more gunnery. On the other hand, maybe 11% should have an impact.

User avatar
KatyMarie
Posts: 616
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:16 pm

Re: Held at Columbia Thread

Postby KatyMarie » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:07 pm

drawstring wrote:some days I forget that I was held. Come on Columbia :evil:


I definitely forgot I was until this thread popped up. :lol:

Theopliske8711
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:21 am

Re: Held at Columbia Thread

Postby Theopliske8711 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:10 pm

jbagelboy wrote:
MrMileyCyrus wrote:
waferthinmint wrote:
MrMileyCyrus wrote:I was on the fence about NYU vs. Columbia, but this hold nonsense is definitely skewing me toward NYU. Factor in the fact that NYU is filled with bars and hot undergrads, while Columbia has...overzealous gunners and whatever is in Morningside Heights? If it wasn't for the damn rankings...


Meh what's two rungs in the long run?


'Tis true, especially since chances are I'll basically end up with the same job afterwards.


Lol, I almost feel like interjecting to arrest this pro-NYU blasphemy, but I can understand the desire to bitch against CLS in this thread. Definitely don't choose one or the other based on the US News survey. Yea, the village is funner than Morningside, although we're not any more gunnery. On the other hand, maybe 11% should have an impact.


I don't get this "Greenwich is better than morningside" crap. I mean, it's not like they are in different cities. They are quite literally a subway ride distance.

User avatar
aboutmydaylight
Posts: 580
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:50 pm

Re: Held at Columbia Thread

Postby aboutmydaylight » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:15 pm

But on the real, are the girls at NYU hotter?

Theopliske8711
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:21 am

Re: Held at Columbia Thread

Postby Theopliske8711 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:21 pm

aboutmydaylight wrote:But on the real, are the girls at NYU hotter?


Dem trust fund undergrads.

User avatar
paglababa
Posts: 888
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:34 pm

Re: Held at Columbia Thread

Postby paglababa » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:16 pm

Theopliske8711 wrote:
aboutmydaylight wrote:But on the real, are the girls at NYU hotter?


Dem trust fund undergrads.


I had forgotten the joys of college til I walked onto the nyu campus

fivestarfolds
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: Held at Columbia Thread

Postby fivestarfolds » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:40 am

-
Last edited by fivestarfolds on Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Theopliske8711
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:21 am

Re: Held at Columbia Thread

Postby Theopliske8711 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:00 pm

fivestarfolds wrote:
paglababa wrote:
Theopliske8711 wrote:
aboutmydaylight wrote:But on the real, are the girls at NYU hotter?


Dem trust fund undergrads.


I had forgotten the joys of college til I walked onto the nyu campus

You two are my faux sworn enemies. :D I'm just very thankful to be married to a super hot wife so I don't have to be swayed by these frivolities.

On another note, I'm pleased to see that the temperament of this thread has improved. A week ago we were all in tears.


Time heals all. One year from now, everyone will be where they'll be and won't think about it any further.

User avatar
onesmallstep
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:28 pm

Re: Held at Columbia Thread

Postby onesmallstep » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:31 am

Soooooo when do you guys think the next wave of acceptances will be sent out?

Holds suck :(

fivestarfolds
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: Held at Columbia Thread

Postby fivestarfolds » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:59 pm

onesmallstep wrote:Soooooo when do you guys think the next wave of acceptances will be sent out?

Holds suck :(

I think that several people will be accepted this week. I thin we will see a few acceptances trickle out every few days for a few weeks and at the same time, waitlists will begin until a massive waitlist wave in two or three weeks

Source: my head

c0llegeStUd3nt
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:11 pm

Re: Held at Columbia Thread

Postby c0llegeStUd3nt » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:17 pm

Any one know if Held ---> Accepted movement comes via email or snail mail?

User avatar
White Lightning
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:35 pm

Re: Held at Columbia Thread

Postby White Lightning » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:21 pm

For the sake of my sanity, it'd better be by e-mail.

User avatar
checkers
Posts: 372
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:35 am

Re: Held at Columbia Thread

Postby checkers » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:02 pm

White Lightning wrote:For the sake of my sanity, it'd better be by e-mail.


Even if it is by mail, at least Columbia gives you no warning so you don't sweat it for days. Other schools with their status checkers will say "Decision Letter Sent" and you have to stew for 2+ days waiting for a letter.

fivestarfolds
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: Held at Columbia Thread

Postby fivestarfolds » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:10 pm

checkers wrote:
White Lightning wrote:For the sake of my sanity, it'd better be by e-mail.


Even if it is by mail, at least Columbia gives you no warning so you don't sweat it for days. Other schools with their status checkers will say "Decision Letter Sent" and you have to stew for 2+ days waiting for a letter.

But once that first letter goes out, it's gonna be hard not to sit and wonder...and wonder.

fivestarfolds
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: Held at Columbia Thread

Postby fivestarfolds » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:13 pm

c0llegeStUd3nt wrote:Any one know if Held ---> Accepted movement comes via email or snail mail?

Accepted movement comes via email. It started last year on 4/9 -- looks like a few people were accepted that day (Tuesday). Start the freak out!

edit: one of them had a 3.4 GPA so don't fret if you're a splitter (of course, this year is wacky)

User avatar
waferthinmint
Posts: 337
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:57 pm

Re: Held at Columbia Thread

Postby waferthinmint » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:59 pm

fivestarfolds wrote:
c0llegeStUd3nt wrote:Any one know if Held ---> Accepted movement comes via email or snail mail?

Accepted movement comes via email. It started last year on 4/9 -- looks like a few people were accepted that day (Tuesday). Start the freak out!

edit: one of them had a 3.4 GPA so don't fret if you're a splitter (of course, this year is wacky)


Is tomorrow the day?!?!?!

User avatar
checkers
Posts: 372
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:35 am

Re: Held at Columbia Thread

Postby checkers » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:27 pm

waferthinmint wrote:Is tomorrow the day?!?!?!


Yes. Source: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=213767&start=4562

All-aboard the hype train, choo-choo!
Last edited by checkers on Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2245
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Held at Columbia Thread

Postby Nonconsecutive » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:25 pm

checkers wrote:
waferthinmint wrote:Is tomorrow the day?!?!?!


My sources say yes. All-aboard the hype train, choo-choo!


8)

User avatar
phillywc
Posts: 3043
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:17 am

Re: Held at Columbia Thread

Postby phillywc » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:38 pm

checkers wrote:
waferthinmint wrote:Is tomorrow the day?!?!?!


My sources say yes. All-aboard the hype train, choo-choo!

Is there still room?

User avatar
checkers
Posts: 372
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:35 am

Re: Held at Columbia Thread

Postby checkers » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:46 pm

phillywc wrote:
checkers wrote:
waferthinmint wrote:Is tomorrow the day?!?!?!


My sources say yes. All-aboard the hype train, choo-choo!

Is there still room?


There's always more room on the hype train! Add another railcar!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ac8876a, addie1412, cjar819, Google Adsense [Bot], guybourdin, katthegreat11, Keilz, laqueredup, Lawl_Schoolz, LawSchoolTitan, malysh, myronbolitar, okf731, ray.bee, ssolli, studyingeveryday, TakeItToTrial, themouse92 and 48 guests