Held at Columbia Thread Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
esther0123

Bronze

Re: Held at Columbia Thread

Post by esther0123 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:06 pm

So... my LOCI was sent two weeks ago but I never got a confirmation email. Should I be worried..........?

fivestarfolds

Silver

Post by fivestarfolds » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:23 pm

esther0123 wrote:So... my LOCI was sent two weeks ago but I never got a confirmation email. Should I be worried..........?
No. Columbia is hilariously silent. Sit tight.

Nonconsecutive

Gold

Post by Nonconsecutive » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:04 pm

fivestarfolds wrote:
esther0123 wrote:So... my LOCI was sent two weeks ago but I never got a confirmation email. Should I be worried..........?
No. Columbia is hilariously silent. Sit tight.
Yep, nothing to be worried about there, with Columbia you should be concerned if they respond too quickly. :lol:

east_coaster

New

Post by east_coaster » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:07 pm

BaiAilian2013 wrote:I am held and kind of freaking out that they won't get back to me before the deadline to accept my $$ at NYU (April 2nd). I know I should be pissed off at NYU for making the deadline so ridiculously early, but Columbia has had my application for six months - and they have had my totally unequivocal LOCI for one month now - so I can't help being more pissed at Columbia. No other school has treated me as though there was anything wrong with my application; my whole cycle has gone exactly as my numbers would have predicted, except for Columbia. I'm starting to think they accidentally put someone else's criminal record in my file. What gives, Columbia??
Seriously?? I'm still waiting for NYU to get back to me, but they already required a deposit last week???

Nonconsecutive

Gold

Post by Nonconsecutive » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:09 pm

east_coaster wrote:
BaiAilian2013 wrote:I am held and kind of freaking out that they won't get back to me before the deadline to accept my $$ at NYU (April 2nd). I know I should be pissed off at NYU for making the deadline so ridiculously early, but Columbia has had my application for six months - and they have had my totally unequivocal LOCI for one month now - so I can't help being more pissed at Columbia. No other school has treated me as though there was anything wrong with my application; my whole cycle has gone exactly as my numbers would have predicted, except for Columbia. I'm starting to think they accidentally put someone else's criminal record in my file. What gives, Columbia??
Seriously?? I'm still waiting for NYU to get back to me, but they already required a deposit last week???
I thought NYU pushed back the April 2 deadline?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

east_coaster

New

Post by east_coaster » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:12 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:
east_coaster wrote:
Really? I don't know anything because both NYU and Columbia are keeping me in the dark till the veryyyy lasttttt secondddd ackkkkkkkkkk.

I'm seriously going to be peeved if NYU puts me on the waitlist after making me wait till April for a decision.

And what are the chances that Columbia will give you an actual decision by May, at the latest?

waferthinmint

Bronze

Post by waferthinmint » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:12 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:
east_coaster wrote:
Yeah, I have May 2 for NYU's deposit and enrollment deadline.

paperrev

New

Post by paperrev » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:24 pm

waferthinmint wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:
east_coaster wrote:
OMG THIS. You almost gave me a damn heart-attack with "April 2 deadline"...

east_coaster

New

Post by east_coaster » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:24 pm

waferthinmint wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:
east_coaster wrote:
Super good to know.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lawschool22

Gold

Post by lawschool22 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:09 pm

Just realized this thread existed. Checking in from a few weeks ago.

BobbyHTT12

New

Post by BobbyHTT12 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:31 am

me too. late march. checking in.

fivestarfolds

Silver

Post by fivestarfolds » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:16 am

I just don't get CLS. I sent a LOCI through email - two weeks later, no response. So I thought it was lost. I updated the LOCI and sent another through the portal - two weeks later, no response.

Yesterday, I sent an unofficial copy of my graduate school grades ahead of my LSAC transcript because I know that they are making decisions soon and that the information is useful. This morning, response! The office is truly random with how it treats new information.

Good luck everyone.

Mack.Hambleton

Platinum

Post by Mack.Hambleton » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:12 pm

checking in, hopefully we hear something soon.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

SFrost

Bronze

Post by SFrost » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:59 pm

Is Columbia seriously going to make me wait until April 25th for a waitlist? :roll:

checkers

Bronze

Post by checkers » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:01 pm

SFrost wrote:Is Columbia seriously going to make me wait until April 25th for a waitlist? :roll:
No, today is the day. It is known.

Mack.Hambleton

Platinum

Post by Mack.Hambleton » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:03 pm

checkers wrote:
SFrost wrote:Is Columbia seriously going to make me wait until April 25th for a waitlist? :roll:
how much money would you put on it

checkers

Bronze

Post by checkers » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:10 pm

james.bungles wrote:
checkers wrote:
$1

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Mack.Hambleton

Platinum

Post by Mack.Hambleton » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:14 pm

checkers wrote:
james.bungles wrote:
checkers wrote:
$1
that's about how much I'd put on it as well

esther0123

Bronze

Post by esther0123 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:24 pm

east_coaster wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:
east_coaster wrote:
Really? I don't know anything because both NYU and Columbia are keeping me in the dark till the veryyyy lasttttt secondddd ackkkkkkkkkk.

I'm seriously going to be peeved if NYU puts me on the waitlist after making me wait till April for a decision.

And what are the chances that Columbia will give you an actual decision by May, at the latest?
They changed the deposit deadline to Apil 21st or something for scholarship.

phillywc

Gold

Post by phillywc » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:49 pm

Post 1999 is going here. I hope that post 2000 brings with it good news :)

Nonconsecutive

Gold

Post by Nonconsecutive » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:53 pm

phillywc wrote:Post 1999 is going here. I hope that post 2000 brings with it good news :)
Sending good 2000th post vibes your way 8)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

paglababa

Silver

Post by paglababa » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:46 pm

Post # 1000. Cmon Columbia lets hear some good news tomorrow.

TheMostDangerousLG

Gold

Post by TheMostDangerousLG » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:53 pm

Dear Columbia:

According to the internet, you were supposed to have started sending out acceptances to held students by now. So.. get on it.

With love,

MDLG

lawschool22

Gold

Post by lawschool22 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:55 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:Dear Columbia:

According to the internet, you were supposed to have started sending out acceptances to held students by now. So.. get on it.

With love,

MDLG
+1

waferthinmint

Bronze

Post by waferthinmint » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:20 pm

Even my parents are asking on the daily whether Columbia has made a decision yet and what the heck is taking them so long. They're starting to sound like TLSers.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”