Held at Columbia Thread Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
vivala

Bronze

Re: Held at Columbia Thread

Post by vivala » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:15 pm

By April 25 = on April 25 :roll:

fivestarfolds

Silver

Post by fivestarfolds » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:32 pm

vivala wrote:By April 25 = on April 25 :roll:
I am sooooo disappointed. This reminds me a lot of the hold process at NU. It's a great way to string along candidates.

Nonconsecutive

Gold

Post by Nonconsecutive » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:35 pm

vivala wrote:By April 25 = on April 25 :roll:
I'm curious to see how close to closing time they get.

webbdp3

New

Post by webbdp3 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:39 pm

I was a sacrificial lamb today and actually called and asked if they had reached a decision on my application. They said that they were actively evaluating the held candidates but didn't say much else. I have a feeling they are just loading a massive reserved cannon to be launched tomorrow at 445 EST.

vivala

Bronze

Post by vivala » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:44 pm

webbdp3 wrote:I was a sacrificial lamb today and actually called and asked if they had reached a decision on my application. They said that they were actively evaluating the held candidates but didn't say much else. I have a feeling they are just loading a massive reserved cannon to be launched tomorrow at 445 EST.
Thanks for the info. Did they say if they would be able to release the decisions by tomorrow?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

fivestarfolds

Silver

Post by fivestarfolds » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:45 pm

webbdp3 wrote:I was a sacrificial lamb today and actually called and asked if they had reached a decision on my application. They said that they were actively evaluating the held candidates but didn't say much else. I have a feeling they are just loading a massive reserved cannon to be launched tomorrow at 445 EST.
Reserves happened last year between 11am and 4pm so we can officially enjoy the last 24 hours of this process.

bravo1085

Bronze

Post by bravo1085 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:46 pm

vivala wrote:
Thanks for the info. Did they say if they would be able to release the decisions by tomorrow?
As if.... (sarcasm directed at CLS, not you)

Elleonleo

New

Post by Elleonleo » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:47 pm

I know technically I should post in the other thread but as someone who has not been held and not received any decision, do people think they will be releasing decisions for both waiting groups tomorrow? Or will they perhaps release held decisions and then, finally, get to the rest of the people waiting to hear back for the first time?

admiringatticus

Bronze

Post by admiringatticus » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:47 pm

April 25 better be a hard deadline. I don't want to sit around for another week to wait for my "reserve."

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Nonconsecutive

Gold

Post by Nonconsecutive » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:50 pm

admiringatticus wrote:April 25 better be a hard deadline. I don't want to sit around for another week to wait for my "reserve."
I believe we will hear tomorrow, as fivestarfolds mentioned it is unprecedented for them to be this late. At this point I kind of hope mine comes at the final minute, just to make it a better story.

fivestarfolds

Silver

Post by fivestarfolds » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:56 pm

Elleonleo wrote:I know technically I should post in the other thread but as someone who has not been held and not received any decision, do people think they will be releasing decisions for both waiting groups tomorrow? Or will they perhaps release held decisions and then, finally, get to the rest of the people waiting to hear back for the first time?
No, not according to last year's thread which has its last post at the end of May (is that right?).

Some people were left in the eternal throes of purgatory.

Elleonleo

New

Post by Elleonleo » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:09 pm

I think from reading last year's thread (Just the original 2016 applicants one; I couldn't find a Held one?) the last response with a decision was May 1st.

fivestarfolds

Silver

Post by fivestarfolds » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:17 pm

Elleonleo wrote:I think from reading last year's thread (Just the original 2016 applicants one; I couldn't find a Held one?) the last response with a decision was May 1st.
This is an ancient held thread. If you go to the front page, this was begun in something like 2010. We are all bound together, through time, in this same place.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Nonconsecutive

Gold

Post by Nonconsecutive » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:23 pm

fivestarfolds wrote:
Elleonleo wrote:I think from reading last year's thread (Just the original 2016 applicants one; I couldn't find a Held one?) the last response with a decision was May 1st.
This is an ancient held thread. If you go to the front page, this was begun in something like 2010. We are all bound together, through time, in this same place.
You changed your tar' and I thought there had been a sudden surge of posts ITT :lol:

checkers

Bronze

Post by checkers » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:28 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:
fivestarfolds wrote:
You changed your tar' and I thought there had been a sudden surge of posts ITT :lol:
Thought the same too. "Who is this sage? Good info though. His beard is quite persuasive."

fivestarfolds

Silver

Post by fivestarfolds » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:29 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:
Sorry Non, my CLS angst is being transferred into weird activities (e.g. tar switching, 20-mile bike rides, Ally McBeal marathons...wtf)

Nonconsecutive

Gold

Post by Nonconsecutive » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:32 pm

fivestarfolds wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:
Sorry Non, my CLS angst is being transferred into weird activities (e.g. tar switching, 20-mile bike rides, Ally McBeal marathons...wtf)
S'all good. No idea what part of the country/world you are in but today has been an excellent day for bike riding in my neck of the woods.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

checkers

Bronze

Post by checkers » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:40 pm

I just took a peak at last year's posts in this thread. It cuts off in March, so there's not much to be learned there. Continuing on a page or so, I saw some familiar faces from this thread, each of us naively optimistic that being Held was a good indication and that we would hear back well before April 25. How wrong we were.

Nonconsecutive

Gold

Post by Nonconsecutive » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:43 pm

checkers wrote:I just took a peak at last year's posts in this thread. It cuts off in March, so there's not much to be learned there. Continuing on a page or so, I saw some familiar faces from this thread, each of us naively optimistic that being Held was a good indication and that we would hear back well before April 25. How wrong we were.
Indeed, and before that I can remember waiting for the big blue envelope, thinking each day "Aww Yiss, Mutha Fukin CLS"

Never came.

checkers

Bronze

Post by checkers » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:46 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:"Aww Yiss, Mutha Fukin CLS"

Never came.
A+ would chuckle again. The fact that your icon is a bird earns you bonus points.

fivestarfolds

Silver

Post by fivestarfolds » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:17 pm

I think we can call it.

See you guys on the morrow. Dreams are gonna be squashed.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

checkers

Bronze

Post by checkers » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:48 pm

fivestarfolds wrote:Dreams are gonna be squashed.

Nonconsecutive

Gold

Post by Nonconsecutive » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:49 pm

checkers wrote:
fivestarfolds wrote:Dreams are gonna be squashed.
Might want to inform the CLS admissions office that their webcam has a security problem. :lol:

Elleonleo

New

Post by Elleonleo » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:23 pm

so do we have evidence that acceptances still roll out this late in the game?
I'm particularly asking as someone who hasn't heard anything yet at all; no hold.

Howl

Bronze

Post by Howl » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:05 pm

Edit: whoops, (slightly) wrong thread

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”