can anyone tell me....

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Which?

Nova
39%
Pitt
25%
PSU
36%

Total votes: 36

gdane

Re: can anyone tell me....

Postby gdane » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:36 pm

You can do Biglaw if you go to Penn State. Simple as that. It will be more difficult though and your best chance of Biglaw would be in the immediate Philly or Pittsburgh area. But dont worry about not going to a T14 school.

As for the rankings, they are garbage. Too many people on here take them to heart. They matter when it comes to the schools at the top, but when you start to get to the 40's and 50's and so forth, it really doesnt matter. So to say you should go to Nova because "its ranked higher" than Penn State is nonsense. Think about it logically, will an employer really say to him/herself "Hmm this person went to the 55th ranked school and this person went to the 60th ranked school, the former student must be smarter and a better hire!"? Probably not. Just work hard. That's it. Work hard and you will have options when you graduate.

If you can make it into Cornell, go for it. Otherwise, dont panic and dont worry too much about rankings and biglaw and all that.

logicman86

Postby logicman86 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:45 pm

gdane5 wrote:You can do Biglaw if you go to Penn State. Simple as that. It will be more difficult though and your best chance of Biglaw would be in the immediate Philly or Pittsburgh area. But dont worry about not going to a T14 school.

As for the rankings, they are garbage. Too many people on here take them to heart. They matter when it comes to the schools at the top, but when you start to get to the 40's and 50's and so forth, it really doesnt matter. So to say you should go to Nova because "its ranked higher" than Penn State is nonsense. Think about it logically, will an employer really say to him/herself "Hmm this person went to the 55th ranked school and this person went to the 60th ranked school, the former student must be smarter and a better hire!"? Probably not. Just work hard. That's it. Work hard and you will have options when you graduate.

If you can make it into Cornell, go for it. Otherwise, dont panic and dont worry too much about rankings and biglaw and all that.

Why are Cornell's numbers so low? According to stat's their 25th through 75th is virtually the same as Texas and USC.

TTTennis

Postby TTTennis » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:14 pm

logicman86 wrote:Why is 13 the cut off? UCLA, USC and TEXAS would put me in significantly worse shape than Cornell?

Huh? Cornell is ranked 13th. The cutoff is usually t-14, but I was doing some (what I thought was blatant) anti-GT trolling. And, why did you bring up UCLA, USC, and Texas, they are all below the top-14 and below Cornell?

stayway

Postby stayway » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:32 pm

i'm just mainly debating between Pitt and Nova because of the COL at Nova is almost twice the COL at Pitt.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”