Full time job in the city. Part-time at St.John's

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
underdog

Full time job in the city. Part-time at St.John's

Postby underdog » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:21 pm

If I get accepted to St. John's would it b possible to have a job in the city and go to part-time evening classes. Is Mass transit available from the city to the campus?

logicman86

Re: Full time job in the city. Part-time at St.John's

Postby logicman86 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:46 pm

underdog wrote:If I get accepted to St. John's would it b possible to have a job in the city and go to part-time evening classes. Is Mass transit available from the city to the campus?

Yes. There's a bus stop right there. I believe a subway within walking distance as well. Working will depend on you.

hanabana

Postby hanabana » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:02 am

Mass transit is available, but you'd probably have to transfer a couple of times.
From the city, you'd most likely take the subway to Queens (You'd need the 7 train, which you would have to transfer to get if you don't work near the stations it stops at), then you would need to catch a bus that goes to St. John's. I am not sure if the campus is near any subway stations, but you should double check, and if it is accessible by train, then you're in luck!

I'd say that it'd take you at least an hour (if you're lucky) to get from the city to St. John's. It really depends on where you're going to work in the city though. I live in Queens, and it take me nearly 2 hours to get from my house to work in the city most of the time. But don't fret, I go way downtown, and don't live in the St. John's area, so it probably wouldn't be that bad.

If you already have an idea of where you might be working, check out hopstop.com, it gives you approximate times of travel and shows you what transportation you'd need.

Hope this helped, good luck!

underdog

Postby underdog » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:27 am

Thanks hana. I appreciate!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”