how do you move on after your first rejection?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
pollaclc

Re: how do you move on after your first rejection?

Postby pollaclc » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:31 pm

suck it up, soldier. this isn't little league soccer where every uncoordinated loser gets a trophy.

hv1

Postby hv1 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:07 pm

dsa1 wrote:everytime I hear the name of this school or look at its colors I get the burning rage to commit a crime.

Or, think about people who never got into law school but became stars in another field.

Unemployed

Postby Unemployed » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:09 pm

Cyberarson. :twisted:

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:29 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Flanker1067 wrote:Fair enough. Your TTT institution put me on hold last night. Sounds like they want a LOCI, which I will happy to send as soon as my reaches have the decency to reject me. I have never been to Chicago but I like the idea of the school (I have business WE) and what not.

Are you a splitter? NorthwesTTTern has been putting most of them on hold. So don't be discouraged.

Where are you in so far?

Annnnnnnd I lucked the eff out.

Vincent Vega

Postby Vincent Vega » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:31 pm

entrechatsix wrote:i deleted the email and forgot about it.

I'm keeping my Michigan rejection letter and using it for inspiration.

$1.99

Postby $1.99 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:32 pm

i joined the flame bus against boalTTT and it felt better especially since the things against them were true such as their students being subpar in terms of academic potential and boalt's reputation being a complete joke

chooch

Postby chooch » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:46 pm

just breathe and appreciate life. you're gonna go to a law school, kick ass there, and tell that school several years down the road to shove it :D

FunkyJD

Postby FunkyJD » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:14 pm

dannybang wrote:just breathe and appreciate life. you're gonna go to a law school, kick ass there[strike], and tell that school several years down the road to shove it :D[/strike]

Fixed.

OP, move on with your life. Stop wasting precious energy worrying about things that don't matter.

Personally I don't care about the schools that rejected me enough to remember to hate them in the future. Even if I did, would it matter? If I became a billionnaire after law school, and said, "Screw it Duke, you're not getting any of my money," what are they going to do? Shut their doors and cease operations out of sorrow? No, they're going to continue to suck as only Dook can. So move on. Humor + perspective = a fine life.

Actually it's humor + perspective + health + Dewar's + the love of a massively attractive Brazilian woman, but don't lose track of the larger point.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”