how do you move on after your first rejection?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
oneforship

Re: how do you move on after your first rejection?

Postby oneforship » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:16 am

Flanker1067 wrote:
pertristis wrote:
Flanker1067 wrote:This has nothing to do with being a psycho stalker, it is just that admissions is like forming a relationship. It's not our fault.

Edit: you are the one who made this emotional. You got turned down by a school you really liked, and it made you furious.

2nd Edit: nevermind the name of this thread....

If admissions is like forming a relationship, it sure is an abusive relationship. Perhaps I should beg the schools to attend therapy so they can better relate to others?

Well, the pretty ones are often bitches because they are sick of constantly being hit on and mistreated.

For the most part, it's pretty analagous. You spend a lot of money on them, and in the end, 67% of the time you don't get anything out of it.

j.wellington

Postby j.wellington » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:18 am

Wow. People really take this shit personally, don't they? This reeks of either puerile hypersensitivity or an entrenched sense of entitlement, or both.

How about this: You accept that law school admissions is a competitive process reliant on a complex array of factors in which there can be no guarantees, then you evaluate your other options. And you don't whine about it.

Flanker1067

Postby Flanker1067 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:26 am

j.wellington wrote:Wow. People really take this shit personally, don't they? This reeks of either puerile hypersensitivity or an entrenched sense of entitlement, or both.

How about this: You accept that law school admissions is a competitive process reliant on a complex array of factors in which there can be no guarantees, then you evaluate your other options. And you don't whine about it.

HAHAHA, we are the ones who should be saying Wow. We are having a good laugh at the (albeit imagined) similarities between the two processes and this douche comes into our conversation with a dead serious attitude. Get some friends and learn how to laugh....

WiretoWire09UF

Postby WiretoWire09UF » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:27 am

I only care about schools that want me, I suggest you do the same.

Flanker1067

Postby Flanker1067 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:29 am

WiretoWire09UF wrote:I only care about schools that want me, I suggest you do the same.

"If you can't be with the one you love" attitude huh? not bad.

thickfreakness

Postby thickfreakness » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:32 am

WiretoWire09UF wrote:I only care about schools that want me, I suggest you do the same.

+1, seriously. Focus on the things you can control and the schools that actually want you to attend. My stress level about the cycle decreased substantially once I stopped worrying about where I wasn't in at and started focusing on the positive options I already had.

dsa1

Postby dsa1 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:34 am

thickfreakness wrote:

+1, seriously. Focus on the things you can control and the schools that actually want you to attend. My stress level about the cycle decreased substantially once I stopped worrying about where I wasn't in at and started focusing on the positive options I already had.

Hm.. I guess I'll go develop an eating disorder then.

*I'm joking. people seem to not get my sarcasm.*

DeSilentio2728

Postby DeSilentio2728 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:38 am

you wait for your second

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:41 am

dsa1 wrote:everytime I hear the name of this school or look at its colors I get the burning rage to commit a crime.

commit your entire life to their destruction? i don't know, my number 1 rejected me curiously, and I'm pissed but I'm over it. I'm excited about my legit options.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:42 am

BTW, that really DOES help. It's nice to feel wanted <3

DoktorZaius

Postby DoktorZaius » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:43 am

dsa1 wrote:
thickfreakness wrote:

Probably one of the easier disorders to mimic. With others, you would worry that you weren't properly exhibiting the actual symptoms. But, with this one, you can just stuff another bear claw down your face every time someone doubts.

dsa1

Postby dsa1 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:44 am

DoktorZaius wrote:
dsa1 wrote:
thickfreakness wrote:

Probably one of the easier disorders to mimic. With others, you would worry that you weren't properly exhibiting the actual symptoms. But, with this one, you can just stuff another bear claw down your face every time someone doubts.

nope. im more of the anorexia type. binge and purge is too messy

Postby 09042014 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:45 am

Most schools were a reach for me so I had no hard feelings.

But LOL Cornell, touche.

To be fair to Cornell their rejection letter was really nice. "It isn't you it's me."

Flanker1067

Postby Flanker1067 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:49 am

Desert Fox wrote:Most schools were a reach for me so I had no hard feelings.

But LOL Cornell, touche.

To be fair to Cornell their rejection letter was really nice. "It isn't you it's me."

Imitate Desert Fox. This guy has already decided where he is going to law school, at a quite good one, and still takes time out to come onto TLS and bash Cornell at every chance. It is really pretty funny and entertaining if you have the time.

Edit: this post made more sense before I edited, because I thought you were class of 2012 Desert. Just realized that you haven't actually started yet, and thus have a little bit of an excuse to be on here.
Last edited by Flanker1067 on Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:52 am, edited 3 times in total.

DoktorZaius

Postby DoktorZaius » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:49 am

dsa1 wrote:

Oh please, neglect is such a boring way to abuse your body. You can do better.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:50 am

DoktorZaius wrote:
dsa1 wrote:

Oh please, neglect is such a boring way to abuse your body. You can do better.

Agreed. I love food more than any school. I always thought that if I had an eating disorder it'd be bulimia. I just can't AVOID food altogether.

Flanker1067

Postby Flanker1067 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:50 am

DoktorZaius wrote:
dsa1 wrote:
thickfreakness wrote:

Also, I could do this all day....

Postby 09042014 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:18 pm

Flanker1067 wrote:

But LOL Cornell, touche.

Imitate Desert Fox. This guy has already decided where he is going to law school, at a quite good one, and still takes time out to come onto TLS and bash Cornell at every chance. It is really pretty funny and entertaining if you have the time.

Edit: this post made more sense before I edited, because I thought you were class of 2012 Desert. Just realized that you haven't actually started yet, and thus have a little bit of an excuse to be on here.

TBF, I'll probably have nothing better to do next year too.

I bash Cornell in jest, but I'll actually defend how well it places. Solidly in the T13.

Flanker1067

Postby Flanker1067 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:22 pm

Fair enough. Your TTT institution put me on hold last night. Sounds like they want a LOCI (or "why?" ), which I will happy to send as soon as my reaches have the decency to reject me. I have never been to Chicago but I like the idea of the school (I have business WE) and what not.
Last edited by Flanker1067 on Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Philaw

Postby Philaw » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:23 pm

dsa1 wrote:
LMAO

I'd send them back a letter telling them to go fuck themselves for that.

the sad thing is. I probably would be sending them a transfer app in the spring.[/quote]

That's the spirit, don't take no for an answer! This really is "just like with girls."[/quote]

This is why guys are psycho stalkers.[/quote]

No, this is why guys don't eat a gallon of ice cream and cry over rejection.

Postby 09042014 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:24 pm

Flanker1067 wrote:Fair enough. Your TTT institution put me on hold last night. Sounds like they want a LOCI, which I will happy to send as soon as my reaches have the decency to reject me. I have never been to Chicago but I like the idea of the school (I have business WE) and what not.

Are you a splitter? NorthwesTTTern has been putting most of them on hold. So don't be discouraged.

Where are you in so far?

HerseyChris

Postby HerseyChris » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:25 pm

dsa1 wrote:
oneforship wrote:
dsa1 wrote:
TipTravHoot wrote:
LMAO

I'd send them back a letter telling them to go fuck themselves for that.

the sad thing is. I probably would be sending them a transfer app in the spring.

That's the spirit, don't take no for an answer! This really is "just like with girls."

This is why guys are psycho stalkers.

Actually, the 'it just takes one to say yes' would be the opposite of a stalker. The stalker would get fixated on one school, even after numerous rejections.
And have you seen 'Sleepless in Seattle'? Girls are just as big of stalkers, except when they do it, it's 'romantic' (unless she becomes violent).

Nom Sawyer

Postby Nom Sawyer » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:26 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Flanker1067 wrote:

But LOL Cornell, touche.

TBF, I'll probably have nothing better to do next year too.

I bash Cornell in jest, but I'll actually defend how well it places. Solidly in the T13.

Bashing Cornell is just cover for DF's true target: Georgetown... the subtleness of his T13 campaign while apparently targeting number 13 makes it all the more devious

Cupidity

Postby Cupidity » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:27 pm

Haha Berkeley, transfer app line

Flanker1067

Postby Flanker1067 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:31 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Flanker1067 wrote:Fair enough. Your TTT institution put me on hold last night. Sounds like they want a LOCI, which I will happy to send as soon as my reaches have the decency to reject me. I have never been to Chicago but I like the idea of the school (I have business WE) and what not.

Are you a splitter? NorthwesTTTern has been putting most of them on hold. So don't be discouraged.

Where are you in so far?

I am not really a splitter (a little) -(deleted)- but I didn't write a "why x" for anyone, plus applied kind of late and I think that combo is biting me in the ass:

Duke- In,
UVA -Waitlist
Mich- Waitlist
Gtown-Waitlist
NU-Hold

I don't care about VA, Mich or Gtown though so NU is the only one I would consider writing a LOCI for. Still waiting on some others I like.

Add: Haha, yes, I forgot about the whole T13 thing.
Last edited by Flanker1067 on Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”