No Response From UVA

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
FunkyJD

Re: No Response From UVA

Postby FunkyJD » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:59 pm

WTR123 wrote:170/3.90
No word from UVA. Applied on January 21st. Wrote LOCI week ago.
Been accepted at Duke, Vanderbilt, Georgetown, and W&L ages ago.
Should I expect a ding/wl?

I'll trade your response for mine. Straight up, no questions asked.

chi16

Postby chi16 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:04 pm

Got waitlisted yesterday...on St Pat's. Thankfully, Bailey's, Guinness and Jameson flowed abundantly, so I managed.

lawschools2424

Postby lawschools2424 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:33 pm

178/3.95 and good softs - had been under review since early Nov and just got a WL about a week ago. Not sure where your numbers have to get the YP WL/slow response, but that was definitely my case since I had relatively quick acceptances from all the T-6 schools and a bunch of others (for what it's worth, yes, I'm still interested in UVA since my significant other is waiting to hear back about a PhD program - complicates the whole LOCI thing when you want to say "You MIGHT be my top choice but I don't know yet"). Anyway, UVA seems to be YPing pretty heavily, maybe the pre-emptive LOCI was a good idea! Good luck!!

Ragged

Postby Ragged » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:11 pm

lawschools2424 wrote:178/3.95 and good softs - had been under review since early Nov and just got a WL about a week ago. Not sure where your numbers have to get the YP WL/slow response, but that was definitely my case since I had relatively quick acceptances from all the T-6 schools and a bunch of others (for what it's worth, yes, I'm still interested in UVA since my significant other is waiting to hear back about a PhD program - complicates the whole LOCI thing when you want to say "You MIGHT be my top choice but I don't know yet"). Anyway, UVA seems to be YPing pretty heavily, maybe the pre-emptive LOCI was a good idea! Good luck!!

GTFO

WTR123

Postby WTR123 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:06 pm

lawschools2424 wrote:178/3.95 and good softs - had been under review since early Nov and just got a WL about a week ago. Not sure where your numbers have to get the YP WL/slow response, but that was definitely my case since I had relatively quick acceptances from all the T-6 schools and a bunch of others (for what it's worth, yes, I'm still interested in UVA since my significant other is waiting to hear back about a PhD program - complicates the whole LOCI thing when you want to say "You MIGHT be my top choice but I don't know yet"). Anyway, UVA seems to be YPing pretty heavily, maybe the pre-emptive LOCI was a good idea! Good luck!!

If you, my friend, did not get in...may God help us all.

lawschools2424

Postby lawschools2424 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:43 pm

WTR123 wrote: If you, my friend, did not get in...may God help us all.

Looking at LSN, people with slightly lower numbers than me seem to be doing better with UVA actually (that whole annoying yield protection thing). Anyway, UVA just seems to be being pretty unpredictable this year, especially in terms of how quickly they're turning around decisions but also about decisions too... so probably my WL doesn't mean too much for others. Good luck! Hope you get an acceptance soon :)

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”