DC Area Part-Timers

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Scarletlady

DC Area Part-Timers

Postby Scarletlady » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:18 pm

It seems that most PTers get lost in the thread of FT students. I’m curious about other PTers, applying to DC area programs, and their experiences.

1. Where/when did you apply?
2. Did you apply PT only or a mix depending on the school?
3. Did you include a “why PT” in your personal or optional statements?
4. Status of acceptances, denials, and WLs?
5. Did you receive any Scholarships?
6. Attending/attended an admitted students day, tours, class visits?

As for me:
1. Catholic (complete 12/1), Georgetown (Complete 2/25, ED), George Mason (Complete 2/25), George Washington (Complete 2/25), American U (Complete 2/25)
2. PT-only to all of the above.
3. Specific “why PT” in my PS. Essentially my legal area of interest is rather small so I gain more by continuing to work in the industry.
4. Accepted to Catholic (1/20), fingers crossed on the rest. Still have not received a status checker from GW, but the admissions office confirmed receipt of my application.
5. Received a good scholly from CUA with admission letter. Pleasantly surprised to receive an email labout a potential additional scholly.
6. Will be attending admitted students at CUA at the end of the month. Attending a tour at Georgetown and working on getting class visits that fit my work schedule. Fortunately, American, GMU and GW appear to have night classes you can sit-in on.

pjl35

Re: DC Area Part-Timers

Postby pjl35 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:57 pm

fyi there is no status checker for GW.

SummerLaw

Postby SummerLaw » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:38 pm

Applied only PT to the DC schools -
In at American (with $), in at GMU, preferred WL at Gtown, WL at GW. Didn't say why PT in my essay, though I think my resume makes it clear why. All of mine were submitted and complete by 12/15.

Sauer Grapes

Postby Sauer Grapes » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:44 pm

I applied to GMU and GTown PT only. I didn't write a why part time or a why school essay. I applied mid January, and was accepted to GMU early February and had decision rendered at GTown yesterday (was able to login to admitted students site so I assume I am in).

GMU sent a scholarship letter last week and I'm not even sure if Gtown give PTers a scholarship.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”