Just applied

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
hoping4law

Just applied

Postby hoping4law » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:11 pm

I just applied a couple of weeks ago, i received a confirmation email that the application was received the next morning. They said once lsac sends them a hard copy they would notify me of any missing info and have not heard from them since. Has anyone out there recently applied like me? For all of you early applicants how long should it be before i hear something?

as stars burn

Re: Just applied

Postby as stars burn » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:13 pm

I applied middle of December and I STILL haven't heard back from 8 of the 22 I applied. You're going to have to make a decision quick when schools do get back to you? Why did you apply so late? It may hurt you a little in the long run beings seat deposits for a lot of school are due early April.

pertristis

Re: Just applied

Postby pertristis » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:32 pm

It depends on the school. If you click the report link under Credential Assembly Service, you'll see that schools can request your LSDAS report from LSAC in one of two different formats: image or paper. Image is sent electronically, and the law school receives it MUCH more quickly than paper. With the paper report, LSAC snail-mails a copy of your report to the college. This can take two or three weeks. Add in time for processing, and it can be almost a month before your file goes complete.

With that said, it also depends on the college. WashU (a school that uses images) took a long while to go complete; Columbia (which uses paper) took less time.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”