In @ Nowhere Club

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Von Schlieffen

Re: In @ Nowhere Club

Postby Von Schlieffen » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:20 pm

6 wait lists
3 rejections
1 pending

Z3RO

Postby Z3RO » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:25 pm

Von Schlieffen wrote:6 wait lists
3 rejections
1 pending

I'm sorry to hear that. You're one of the more consistently funny posters here. I'm sure you'll get in somewhere.

lmarie81

Postby lmarie81 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:24 pm

0 accept
1 pending/hold
6 rejection
5 still in review

Looks like I'll be trying again next year... and spending serious time volunteering and figuring out what else I can do to have some better chances.
Last edited by lmarie81 on Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hey-O

Postby Hey-O » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:11 pm

lmarie81 wrote:0 accept
1 pending
6 rejection
5 still in review

Looks like I'll be trying again next year... and spending serious time volunteering and figuring out what else I can do to have some better chances.

What is the difference between pending and still in review? Anyway, don't give up hope just yet. You could still get accepted.

lmarie81

Postby lmarie81 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:16 am

Hey-O wrote:
lmarie81 wrote:0 accept
1 pending
6 rejection
5 still in review

What is the difference between pending and still in review? Anyway, don't give up hope just yet. You could still get accepted.

Sorry, that's what the school called it - on hold. My numbers are awful though so I am not hopeful. I think I screwed up my PS.. but I am second guessing everything at this point! :)

ToriM

Postby ToriM » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:42 pm

ToriM wrote:
ToriM wrote:
ToriM wrote:[strike]2[/strike] [strike]3[/strike] 4- Waitlists
[strike]1[/strike] [strike]2[/strike] 3- Rejections
[strike]7[/strike] [strike]6[/strike] [strike]5[/strike] 3- Pending

Why, why did I apply so late? And only to reaches...

:roll:

NYCG8TR

Postby NYCG8TR » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:45 pm

ToriM wrote:
ToriM wrote:
ToriM wrote:
[strike]1[/strike] [strike]2[/strike] 3- Rejections
[strike]7[/strike] [strike]6[/strike] [strike]5[/strike] 3- Pending

Do you think you will be able to get off some of the waitlists?

ToriM

Postby ToriM » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:51 pm

ToriM wrote:
ToriM wrote:
ToriM wrote:
[strike]1[/strike] [strike]2[/strike] [strike]3[/strike] 4- Rejections
[strike]7[/strike] [strike]6[/strike] [strike]5[/strike] [strike]3[/strike] 2- Pending

ToriM

Postby ToriM » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:52 pm

NYCG8TR wrote:

Just found my Harvard rejection in my spam folder. :( Ironically, the only waitlist that looks even remotely feasible is Yale's, since it's meant to be fairly short. But with my luck this cycle, I'm not counting on anything. Rejections + Thesis Deadline on Friday = Worst. Week. Ever.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:55 pm

ToriM wrote:
NYCG8TR wrote:

Just found my Harvard rejection in my spam folder. :( Ironically, the only waitlist that looks even remotely feasible is Yale's, since it's meant to be fairly short. But with my luck this cycle, I'm not counting on anything. Rejections + Thesis Deadline on Friday = Worst. Week. Ever.

Sorry! I was hoping you get some good news. Are you going to reapply? if not I hope you get off one of the WL's. If you are, I am sure you will get into your goals if applying early.

briarose21

Postby briarose21 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:33 pm

21 rejections
6 waitlists
1 acceptance (scholarship)
1 pending

hotdog123

Postby hotdog123 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:19 pm

briarose21 wrote:21 rejections
6 waitlists
1 acceptance (scholarship)
1 pending

Lurkster

Postby Lurkster » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:05 am

2wl
4out

looks like it might be next year for me.

AdamatUCF

Postby AdamatUCF » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:16 pm

AdamatUCF wrote:I applied at the deadline for most of the T14. I'm a high LSAT, lower GPA splitter. I thought a great GPA addendum would help, or that my personal statement would be great, or something.

Rejections: 2
Waitlists: 4
Apps outstanding: 4 (One of these is Harvard, which is pretty much an automatic ding)

Update:

Rejections: 4 (NYU, Michigan, Harvard, and surprisingly enough UPenn)
Waitlists: 3 (Georgetown (regular WL for reasons I can't explain), Duke, UVA, and Turns out I misread NW's "hold" email as a WL)
Apps outstanding: 3 (NW, Cornell, and probably an auto-ding by Chicago)

I'm pretty much hating life at the moment. :x

lmarie81

Postby lmarie81 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:47 pm

lmarie81 wrote:
Update:
0 accept
1 on hold
6 rejection
1 wait list
[strike]5[/strike] 4 still in review

At this point I am thrilled with the wait list.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:56 pm

Where did you people apply that you are getting in nowhere? Did you not apply to any safeties?

Not trying to sound like a jerk... I'm just genuinely interested. Did everyone just overreach and assume they would get into schools that they couldnt?

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:10 pm

I applied too late. They mostly ran out of spots for outright acceptances. 1 in, 1 out, 6 WL, 3 pending (most likely WL). I am at or above 75% on both numbers for 4 of the schools and over both median for a couple more. So I think it is the timing. It's probably true for most. Of course you can't really reach applying late but I don't think you have any safeties if you go complete after March 15 :| .

autoding

Postby autoding » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:40 pm

autoding wrote:1 rejection
[strike]2[/strike] 5 waitlists
[strike]8[/strike] 5 pending

I'm going to stab the next person who posts "withdrawing with $165K, hope my spot and money goes to a TLSer"
Last edited by autoding on Mon May 03, 2010 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:43 pm

autoding wrote:I'm going to stab the next person who posts "withdrawing with $165K, hope my spot and money goes to a TLSer"

Couldn't you have applied to a school that would give you a full ride somewhere? I didn't apply anywhere that would happen so I wouldn't be tempted with it, and it's working out wonderfully :lol:

AdamatUCF

Postby AdamatUCF » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:51 pm

romothesavior wrote:Where did you people apply that you are getting in nowhere? Did you not apply to any safeties?

Not trying to sound like a jerk... I'm just genuinely interested. Did everyone just overreach and assume they would get into schools that they couldnt?

My last LOR came in mid-january. I applied to the T14, knowing it was a slight reach. I wasn't willing to throw in a safety school at the tail end of a cycle. If this cycle goes poorly and I don't get admitted anywhere, I'll relax for a year, apply first thing in october, and throw in a safety or two. If I can't get in after a full cycle (including an ED, likely), then and only then will I fall back to a safety school.

It just didn't seem right to make a half-assed attempt at the T14 and then fall back to a safety school and say "Oh well I tried"

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:26 am

AdamatUCF wrote:
It just didn't seem right to make a half-assed attempt at the T14 and then fall back to a safety school and say "Oh well I tried"

Those were the same exact words that I told my advisor today about reapplying. :D

Good luck! This or next cycle.

cflames7

Postby cflames7 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:49 am

If anybody needs a confidence boost in here, I think my story might help :

I applied straight out of UG with a great GPA but a lower LSAT; thus, I was a splitter.

My cycle saw:
4 rejections
5 waitlists
1 pending

It was at this point that I said, forget this. Withdrew all my waitlists/pending applications, took a year off, re-wrote the LSAT (hit my target score), and moved abroad to work for a year.

This cycle:
7 acceptances (including Harvard, a full-tuition scholarship from a T10, and a total of $350,000 in total scholarship money all from T10 schools and Toronto)
1 waitlist

For those of you still waiting I hope you can retake and get a killer LSAT score next time, take a year off and do something meaningful, and get into your dream schools.

Good luck guys. Trust me, I know how you all are feeling. Life sucks right now, but times move on and it is all uphill from here!

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:53 am

cflames7 wrote:If anybody needs a confidence boost in here, I think my story might help :

I applied straight out of UG with a great GPA but a lower LSAT; thus, I was a splitter.

My cycle saw:
4 rejections
5 waitlists
1 pending

It was at this point that I said, forget this. Withdrew all my waitlists/pending applications, took a year off, re-wrote the LSAT (hit my target score), and moved abroad to work for a year.

This cycle:
7 acceptances (including Harvard, a full-tuition scholarship from a T10, and a total of $350,000 in total scholarship money all from T10 schools and Toronto)
1 waitlist

For those of you still waiting I hope you can retake and get a killer LSAT score next time, take a year off and do something meaningful, and get into your dream schools.

Good luck guys. Trust me, I know how you all are feeling. Life sucks right now, but times move on and it is all uphill from here!

Thanks for the encouragement! From whats your low/hi LSAT if you don't mind me asking? You can PM me if you want.

AdamatUCF

Postby AdamatUCF » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:29 am

cflames7 wrote:If anybody needs a confidence boost in here, I think my story might help :

If I were in your shoes, and a low-LSAT high-GPA splitter, that is exactly what I'd do!

Unfortunately, those of us in the opposite situation, with a good LSAT and an unacceptable GPA are hosed. Even if I went back and added points to my LSAT, even with a 180, my odds of getting in HYS with a 3.29 are practically zero. Even schools like NYU and Columbia are wait-listing people with 180/3.5. There's nothing I can do to fix a bad GPA due to classes taken more years ago than I care to admit.

Long story short, much like the rest of humanity, I'm wishing I had someone else's problem instead of my own. :P

dspit

Postby dspit » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:34 am

take the LSAT again

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”