In @ Nowhere Club

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Waitingontheworld

Re: In @ Nowhere Club

Postby Waitingontheworld » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:25 pm

rejection : 0
Waiting list: 1
Acceptance: 0

Just got waitlisted from new york law school (not nyu) with a 3.6 and 154 lsat and from an Ivy League school. I guess LSATs killed me. I wonder if ill get into anything now :(

Waitingontheworld

Postby Waitingontheworld » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:25 pm

acash09 wrote:
sunshinefairy wrote:YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!! I GOT INTO NORTHEASTERN!!!!! MY #1 PICK!!!! ITS 2pm AND I'M LEAVING WORK TO DRINK A BOTTLE OF CHAMPAGNE. HOLY SHIT!

Don't give up. I have a 153 and I got into my dream school. Don't let these haters tell you that numbers are everything what is meant to be is meant to be.

I love you, Club Nowhere.

congrats!!!!! :D

adameus

Postby adameus » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:35 pm

Donny Most, are you still a member?

hotdog123

Postby hotdog123 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:58 pm

adameus wrote:Donny Most, are you still a member?

Word son, the founder of club nowhere is here for the long haul.

the_rad_trad

Postby the_rad_trad » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:21 pm

Phooey.

2 WL
2 Rejections
1 DR
1 Hold
1 IR
12 Unknown

I'm getting waitlisted/rejected from schools all across the board. WTF. Am I so in between or uninteresting that no one wants me?

acoon624

Postby acoon624 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:57 pm

I'm in somewhere but I might make a big poster/collage out of all my rejection letters and frame it...bulletin board material for the schools that didn't want me haha

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:40 pm

sunshinefairy wrote:YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!! I GOT INTO NORTHEASTERN!!!!! MY #1 PICK!!!! ITS 2pm AND I'M LEAVING WORK TO DRINK A BOTTLE OF CHAMPAGNE. HOLY SHIT!

Don't give up. I have a 153 and I got into my dream school. Don't let these haters tell you that numbers are everything what is meant to be is meant to be.

Congrats!!! I am so happy for you! Have a drink for the club!

I am out of the club as well, I am in at Michigan today, the last app I sent out nets me my first acceptance.

Good luck to everyone else! I am rooting for you all!

vlsorbust

Postby vlsorbust » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:50 pm

r6_philly wrote:

Congrats!!! I am so happy for you! Have a drink for the club!

I am out of the club as well, I am in at Michigan today, the last app I sent out nets me my first acceptance.

Good luck to everyone else! I am rooting for you all!

AWESOME! Congrats to both of you! Now I just hope the good luck rubs off on the rest of us members of the club. :D

vlsorbust

Postby vlsorbust » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:55 pm

the_rad_trad wrote:Phooey.

2 WL
2 Rejections
1 DR
1 Hold
1 IR
12 Unknown

I'm getting waitlisted/rejected from schools all across the board. WTF. Am I so in between or uninteresting that no one wants me?

What do DR and IR mean?

As for myself:
1 WL
1 Rejection
1 "Decision processed" (waiting for the letter to come in the mail)
11 Unknown

And I thought waiting in a doctor's office or the ER was bad...

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:58 pm

DR = decision rendered
IR/UR = in review/under review

ER isn't so bad because you know it is coming eventually. There is no guarantee that an acceptance is coming... There is even no guarantee that I will receive a decision in the case of Harvard since my report was quite a bit later than they wanted.

hotdog123

Postby hotdog123 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:09 pm

DonnyMost wrote:Rejections: [strike]1[/strike] 2
Waitlists: 5
Pending: [strike]9[/strike] 8

DukeHopeful

Postby DukeHopeful » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:15 pm

OFFICIALLY OUT TODAY! Emory came through and I got my acceptance packet today!

Still waiting to hear from a few schools, but it feels good to have at least one school to tell people I've gotten into!

3 Rejections (Michigan, GTown, UCLA)
5 WL (UVA, Vandy, Texas, USC, W&M)
1 Acceptance
Still waiting on CLS, NYU, Penn, Duke, Cornell (Come on Dukeeeee, make it happen!)

Jrep37

Postby Jrep37 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:35 pm

1-rejection Emory
1 WL- UGA
are there applications for vice presidency of this club...feel like I'm In it for the long haul..

Foosters Galore

Postby Foosters Galore » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:11 pm

Lets see....after this weekend I can add a Hastings rejection and a Fordham WL to my kick ass cycle.

So far....

2 WL
1 Hold
3 Rejections
6 Pending

at least 2 of those pending are certain rejections.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:51 pm

DukeHopeful wrote:OFFICIALLY OUT TODAY! Emory came through and I got my acceptance packet today!

Still waiting to hear from a few schools, but it feels good to have at least one school to tell people I've gotten into!

1 Acceptance
Still waiting on CLS, NYU, Penn, Duke, Cornell (Come on Dukeeeee, make it happen!)

How long have you been waiting for Duke? Good luck!

autoding

Postby autoding » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:02 pm

1 rejection
2 waitlists
8 pending

But I applied at the deadline, and my name is autoding, so I'm at peace with it.

I expect my final tally will look like this:
3 rejections
6 waitlists
2 acceptances

g8t13

Postby g8t13 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:15 pm

2 rejections
American
Penn State

8 pending
Northeastern
Chicago Kent
Depaul
Santa Clara
Pitt
Syracuse
Buffalo
Seton Hall

I am going crazy waiting to hear back from schools!

Burnsie

Postby Burnsie » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:26 pm

Congrats! Your posts are so positive! I'm hoping my 154 will make me your classmate! I received the Decision Rendered notice today and am going crazy with stress. I'm not expecting good news, but finding your post made me feel better. I haven't heard from anyone yet. ARGHHH!

sunshinefairy

Postby sunshinefairy » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:43 pm

Burnsie wrote:

Congrats! Your posts are so positive! I'm hoping my 154 will make me your classmate! I received the Decision Rendered notice today and am going crazy with stress. I'm not expecting good news, but finding your post made me feel better. I haven't heard from anyone yet. ARGHHH!

I'm so happy to hear this =) I had a rough day and this brought a smile to my face. Keep your head up and know that you will get into the right school for you. The envelope from Northeastern was small and thin - I totally thought it was a rejection - so don't freak out until you actually open it =) Let me know how it goes, I'll be pulling for you!

Burnsie

Postby Burnsie » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:51 pm

Aww!!! Thanks so much! I for sure will let you know. I have to travel out of town for work this week so knowing that a letter just sitting in my box is going to drive me crazy.

DukeHopeful

Postby DukeHopeful » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:50 am

r6_philly wrote:
DukeHopeful wrote:OFFICIALLY OUT TODAY! Emory came through and I got my acceptance packet today!

1 Acceptance

I applied late January, had been complete since 2/4. I just went UR on Monday, so I imagine I'll be hearing something soon! (Wish there was a fingers-crossed smiley)

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:13 pm

DukeHopeful wrote:
r6_philly wrote:

1 Acceptance

I applied late January, had been complete since 2/4. I just went UR on Monday, so I imagine I'll be hearing something soon! (Wish there was a fingers-crossed smiley)

Good luck! So I guess I am WAYYYY behind since I am complete in March :?

Lurkster

Postby Lurkster » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:57 pm

Still up in this mofo. WL'd at Penn.

autoding

Postby autoding » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:10 pm

1 rejection
[strike]2[/strike] 3 waitlists
[strike]8[/strike] 7 pending

Von Schlieffen

Postby Von Schlieffen » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:43 pm

Waitlisted by Georgetown. Don't get me wrong, it's an incredible school and I would have been so grateful to have gotten in, but I thought that with my LSAT, Georgetown would have been a shoo-in.

I had a lot of smart people read over my application and after rounds and rounds of edits, everyone who read them said my essays were great (professors, parents, pre-law advisor, friends). I made sure to check with my professors that each would be able to give me an enthusiastic recommendation. I was arrested for alcohol in college, but I was under the impression that's not a huge deal. I thought my Dean liked me, but perhaps his letter wasn't as positive as I thought it would be.

Is my 3.36 a huge red flag? Did I get my applications in too late (early December)? Should I have avoided mentioning the fact I was an economic conservative in my application letter? What did I do wrong?

Gahhhh. Freaking out right now, I'm probably being irrational, but that doesn't mitigate the fact I am freaking out. I'm afraid it's increasingly likely I won't get into any law school this cycle. I need a hug.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”