In @ Nowhere Club

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
r6_philly

Re: In @ Nowhere Club

Postby r6_philly » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:54 pm

nematoad wrote:and so it continues
8 rejections
1 WL
6 pending. of which i have no chance at 4 and reaching for 1.

the safety school can go blow itself. Ill never go.

Why did you apply if you think you have no chance?

nematoad

Postby nematoad » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:00 pm

r6_philly wrote:
8 rejections
1 WL

Why did you apply if you think you have no chance?

in my heart (my young, sensitive and naive heart) i feel like ive got a shot. but reality leaves something to be desired. i applied before i got my lsat score which ended up being mcuh lower than the medians. 162<170 :x
guess i shoulda waited for my score.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:04 pm

Sorry to hear, you can always retake, especially if it is below expectations. I should probably have waited until Sept to apply. No offense to this wonderful club, but it ain't that fun to get waitlist after waitlist. You'd think I would at least get 1 acceptance letter to smile about.

Maybe it is time to reread one of those fee waiver emails just to milk an acceptance out of some school to get out of this club? :lol: again no offense.

sunshinefairy

Postby sunshinefairy » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:06 pm

r6_philly wrote:Sorry to hear, you can always retake, especially if it is below expectations. I should probably have waited until Sept to apply. No offense to this wonderful club, but it ain't that fun to get waitlist after waitlist. You'd think I would at least get 1 acceptance letter to smile about.

Maybe it is time to reread one of those fee waiver emails just to milk an acceptance out of some school to get out of this club? :lol: again no offense.

What's your safety?

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:09 pm

sunshinefairy wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Sorry to hear, you can always retake, especially if it is below expectations. I should probably have waited until Sept to apply. No offense to this wonderful club, but it ain't that fun to get waitlist after waitlist. You'd think I would at least get 1 acceptance letter to smile about.

What's your safety?

I don't want to go to a safety. I end up applying to William and Mary because I liked the correspondence I had with them, but they waitlisted me. I don't think it will be worth my time (for personal/career reasons) to attend a safety. I am not in this for the money/biglaw.

JTX

Postby JTX » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:50 pm

8 rejections
1 WL

does this mean you have an acceptance? also, a philosophical question- why apply to a safety if you'd never attend? that hardly makes it a safety. more like a wasted $70. just curious, no animosity here... capisci?

sunshinefairy

Postby sunshinefairy » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:54 pm

YOU GUYS!!! Decision letter mailed from Northeastern. They are one of my two top schools. AHHHHHH. If I call them will they just tell me? or does that defeat the purpose of mailing the letter?

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:55 pm

sunshinefairy wrote:YOU GUYS!!! Decision letter mailed from Northeastern. They are one of my two top schools. AHHHHHH. If I call them will they just tell me? or does that defeat the purpose of mailing the letter?

You can always say you are away on spring break and you can't contain yourself ... it would certainly be understandable if it is an acceptance letter. :wink:

Good luck!

sunshinefairy

Postby sunshinefairy » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:57 pm

r6_philly wrote:
sunshinefairy wrote:YOU GUYS!!! Decision letter mailed from Northeastern. They are one of my two top schools. AHHHHHH. If I call them will they just tell me? or does that defeat the purpose of mailing the letter?

You can always say you are away on spring break and you can't contain yourself ... it would certainly be understandable if it is an acceptance letter. :wink:

Good luck!

Spring break? What's that? I haven't had a spring break in five years. ...that's right, I'm old. BAH.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:58 pm

sunshinefairy wrote:
r6_philly wrote:

Good luck!

Spring break? What's that? I haven't had a spring break in five years. ...that's right, I'm old. BAH.

Five years? I think I am older then lol

Did you call? You got nothing to lose either way.

annapavlova

Postby annapavlova » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:59 pm

JollyGreenGiant wrote:
D. H2Oman wrote:Applied to 21 (November)

0 acceptances
1 waitlist
12 rejections
8 waiting on

Should've applied to 22. :?

Sorry dude, that's a real bummer.

It is a bummer, but it sounds like you made a very unrealistic list of schools to apply to. Maybe if this cycle doesn't work out for you, you can readjust. Otherwise - good luck! Hope you get off that waitlist.

nematoad

Postby nematoad » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:26 pm

jtxcounitah wrote:
8 rejections
1 WL

does this mean you have an acceptance? also, a philosophical question- why apply to a safety if you'd never attend? that hardly makes it a safety. more like a wasted $70. just curious, no animosity here... capisci?

nope no acceptances. i got a fee waiver from LMU and im from LA. this may be really unethical and unfair to those who really want to go there but i threw out that application so that id at least get one acceptance (assuming theyd actually accept me). there's no real logic at play in applying there, its been pretty depressing thus far and one acceptance from a school i wouldnt even go to would brighten this horrendous cycle... im human and ive still got an ego, i need to feel wanted, even if its only a little. plus, getting 14 rejections would kill my confidence going into the june lsat. that 1 acceptance may pay psychological dividends in not choking. thinking about getting 14 rejections is bad, actually getting them is like pulling teeth.
but hey, coachella is in 3 weeks. i cant complain too much.

nematoad

Postby nematoad » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:30 pm

btw i meant no offense to LMU. its a great school, just not for me. doesnt really cater to intl human rights law.

MJMD

Postby MJMD » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:35 pm

nematoad, I assume you've already been rejected from Santa Clara? If so, that sucks, but if not don't give up hope. These two certainly made a go of a career in international human rights:

http://law.scu.edu/lawyerswholead/peter ... tieger.cfm

nematoad

Postby nematoad » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:53 pm

MJMD wrote:nematoad, I assume you've already been rejected from Santa Clara? If so, that sucks.

nah didnt apply. i really only applied to schools in the t-30 minus hastings and lmu. mainly trying to stay in big cities, LA, SF, DC, NY. i dont think i could justify the cost of law school if i dont end up at a top school considering human rights lawyers arent in extreme demand.
didnt see that last post... thanks! thats pretty sick

zreinhar

Postby zreinhar » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:21 am

sad to say I will no longer be a part of this club.... got accepted to my one safety.. and it was more a safety in the sense that it is a great fit for me if I dont get in somewhere good.. in state tution at georgia state (upper T2) is a pretty good deal, and I can go part time and work as a patent agent during the day to... :GASP: make money while I'm in law school and come out with negative debt... I wish you all luck on the rest of this god-forsaken process called affectionately

"the cycle"

sunshinefairy

Postby sunshinefairy » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:50 am

zreinhar wrote:sad to say I will no longer be a part of this club.... got accepted to my one safety.. and it was more a safety in the sense that it is a great fit for me if I dont get in somewhere good.. in state tution at georgia state (upper T2) is a pretty good deal, and I can go part time and work as a patent agent during the day to... :GASP: make money while I'm in law school and come out with negative debt... I wish you all luck on the rest of this god-forsaken process called affectionately

"the cycle"

Congratulations!!! Way to stay positive and find the best in your acceptance! It sounds like it is the perfect fit for you. Best of luck to you!

zreinhar

Postby zreinhar » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:16 pm

sunshinefairy wrote:
zreinhar wrote:sad to say I will no longer be a part of this club.... got accepted to my one safety.. and it was more a safety in the sense that it is a great fit for me if I dont get in somewhere good.. in state tution at georgia state (upper T2) is a pretty good deal, and I can go part time and work as a patent agent during the day to... :GASP: make money while I'm in law school and come out with negative debt... I wish you all luck on the rest of this god-forsaken process called affectionately

"the cycle"

Congratulations!!! Way to stay positive and find the best in your acceptance! It sounds like it is the perfect fit for you. Best of luck to you!

Thanks homie... I'm gonna ride out the waitlist for Emory as I will be in Atlanta either way and they have been my dream school since I started considering law school, but it's nice to have a good idea of where i'll be

ChattTNdt

Postby ChattTNdt » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:08 pm

Out of the club today too, via acceptance from a safety. In @ LSU. Good to get that first acceptance finally.

Talked to Georgia State admissions yesterday and apparently my decision letter mailed out Wednesday. Two acceptances in one weekend would definitely lift my spirits :D

acoon624

Postby acoon624 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:25 pm

ChattTNdt wrote:Out of the club today too, via acceptance from a safety. In @ LSU. Good to get that first acceptance finally.

Talked to Georgia State admissions yesterday and apparently my decision letter mailed out Wednesday. Two acceptances in one weekend would definitely lift my spirits :D

Congrats!

southerngrace

Postby southerngrace » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:29 pm

I'm out too ... Accepted at George Mason today! Good luck everybody ... this thread helped me to know I wasn't alone :)

JTX

Postby JTX » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:53 pm

x
Last edited by JTX on Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sunshinefairy

Postby sunshinefairy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:59 pm

YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!! I GOT INTO NORTHEASTERN!!!!! MY #1 PICK!!!! ITS 2pm AND I'M LEAVING WORK TO DRINK A BOTTLE OF CHAMPAGNE. HOLY SHIT!

Don't give up. I have a 153 and I got into my dream school. Don't let these haters tell you that numbers are everything what is meant to be is meant to be.

I love you, Club Nowhere.

hotdog123

Postby hotdog123 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:00 pm

Congrats all!

It is a good day for Club Nowhere.

acash09

Postby acash09 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:55 pm

sunshinefairy wrote:YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!! I GOT INTO NORTHEASTERN!!!!! MY #1 PICK!!!! ITS 2pm AND I'M LEAVING WORK TO DRINK A BOTTLE OF CHAMPAGNE. HOLY SHIT!

Don't give up. I have a 153 and I got into my dream school. Don't let these haters tell you that numbers are everything what is meant to be is meant to be.

I love you, Club Nowhere.

Exciting! Congrats!

PS, still no acceptances for me either.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”