In @ Nowhere Club

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
sunshinefairy
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:47 pm

Re: In @ Nowhere Club

Postby sunshinefairy » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:37 pm

acoon624 wrote:[strike]1[/strike] 2 Denials
[strike]6[/strike] 5 Pending
1 in at a T4 I am not counting as legit


Which T4? I'm in at Capital with $. Does the $ negate the T4ness?

User avatar
acoon624
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:53 pm

Re: In @ Nowhere Club

Postby acoon624 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:43 pm

sunshinefairy wrote:
acoon624 wrote:[strike]1[/strike] 2 Denials
[strike]6[/strike] 5 Pending
1 in at a T4 I am not counting as legit


Which T4? I'm in at Capital with $. Does the $ negate the T4ness?


Roger Williams with $$. I don't know if the $ negates the T4ness, but the bad press around Roger Williams (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=57007) has me skeptical about the school.
Last edited by acoon624 on Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JTX
Posts: 280
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:23 pm

Re: In @ Nowhere Club

Postby JTX » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:21 pm

acoon624 wrote:
sunshinefairy wrote:
acoon624 wrote:[strike]1[/strike] 2 Denials
[strike]6[/strike] 5 Pending
1 in at a T4 I am not counting as legit


Which T4? I'm in at Capital with $. Does the $ negate the T4ness?


Roger Williams with $$. I don't know if the $ negates the T4ness, but the bad press around Roger Williams (read the thread here) has me skeptical about the school.


edit: link?

User avatar
sunshinefairy
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:47 pm

Re: In @ Nowhere Club

Postby sunshinefairy » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:44 pm

jtxcounitah wrote:
acoon624 wrote:
sunshinefairy wrote:
acoon624 wrote:[strike]1[/strike] 2 Denials
[strike]6[/strike] 5 Pending
1 in at a T4 I am not counting as legit


Which T4? I'm in at Capital with $. Does the $ negate the T4ness?


Roger Williams with $$. I don't know if the $ negates the T4ness, but the bad press around Roger Williams (read the thread here) has me skeptical about the school.


edit: link?


Okay so that link is pretty scary. BUT I feel like there is a general anti-any-school-that-isn't-a-T14 sentiment on this entire forum. As a member of In @ Club Nowhere, I'm okay with knowing I don't stand a chance at getting into a T-14 - I just want to get in! I feel like if you are used to working hard and committing to your goals, you can make the most out of your law degree, whether you graduate from a T1 or a T4. Of course your life is going to be easier with a degree from a T14, but when is "its going to be hard" stopped you before? Don't let haters kill your dream of attending law school. I would try to do your own research - visit the school; talk to alumni, talk to current students, and meet with admissions staff.

User avatar
sunshinefairy
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:47 pm

Re: In @ Nowhere Club

Postby sunshinefairy » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:04 pm

I just got my first rejection. Stings. But I almost feel relieved because at least I know SOMEONE LOOKED at my application.

Love offerings will be accepted for my brief pity party. :cry:

User avatar
acoon624
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:53 pm

Re: In @ Nowhere Club

Postby acoon624 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:24 pm

Busy day for me and I will have to leave this group but still show support...I got into my hometown Albany Law!...It's a T3 but for me wanting to stay in upstate NY/perhaps work in a government job I am satisfied.

xcountryjunkie
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:52 pm

Re: In @ Nowhere Club

Postby xcountryjunkie » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:02 pm

Got a rejection today, so it looks like I'll be staying in this club very for a very long time (possibly until next cycle).

Acceptances: 0
Rejections: 4
Waitlists: 4
Pending: 1 (Applied at the deadline to Cornell, so I don't expect anything for months)

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: In @ Nowhere Club

Postby r6_philly » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:05 pm

xcountryjunkie wrote:Got a rejection today, so it looks like I'll be staying in this club very for a very long time (possibly until next cycle).

Acceptances: 0
Rejections: 4
Waitlists: 4
Pending: 1 (Applied at the deadline to Cornell, so I don't expect anything for [strike]months[/strike] until next cycle )


Fix it for you. I applied on 1/28 but my report was not sent until March so I don't really expect to hear from them at all at this point. I am tempted to ask if they could hold my materials for consideration the next cycle.

Foosters Galore
Posts: 305
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:15 pm

Re: In @ Nowhere Club

Postby Foosters Galore » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:36 pm

Got "held" today at cardozo and rejected from UCLA on sat, bringing my total to....

3 Rejections
1 Waitlist
1 Hold
7 pending


Groucho Marx once said "I'd never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member."

Well Groucho Marx is dead so there.

User avatar
zreinhar
Posts: 308
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 12:15 pm

Re: In @ Nowhere Club

Postby zreinhar » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:24 am

two more rejections today, Mich was throughly expected, but not GMU PT, I was really thrown off by that, I felt my numbers and ECs would get me in FT, or at the very very least a WL to the PT program.. but oh well... Im just feeling more and more like I should wait a year, get a Master in EE and retake the LSAT... and for fun:

WL: 2
Rejction: 3
Pending: 12

PS given the amount of tim emy safety is taking, Im not feelin great about even being admitted to LS for this coming fall

blackmamba76
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:34 pm

Re: In @ Nowhere Club

Postby blackmamba76 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:23 pm

2 more rejections today bring my total to 6, still waiting on 12 schools. In the interim, I think I'll just apply to Iowa and GW before their deadlines, what's $24 more for reports, right?

User avatar
D. H2Oman
Posts: 7469
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:47 am

Re: In @ Nowhere Club

Postby D. H2Oman » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:28 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:Applied to 21 (November)

0 acceptances
[strike]1[/strike] 2 waitlist
[strike]12[/strike] 18 rejections
[strike]8[/strike] 1 waiting on

cbliang
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:47 am

Re: In @ Nowhere Club

Postby cbliang » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:32 pm

Applied to: 10
Waitlisted: 1
Rejected:1
Haven't heard back from: 8


:(

User avatar
sunshinefairy
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:47 pm

Re: In @ Nowhere Club

Postby sunshinefairy » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:59 pm

Okay, so for those of us with pending applications - have any of you contacted the schools to "check on" your application? I'm nervous that calling or emailing will just piss admissions off. What have you done? think?

Thanks!

User avatar
FunkyJD
Posts: 1039
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:38 pm

Re: In @ Nowhere Club

Postby FunkyJD » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:53 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:
D. H2Oman wrote:Applied to 21 (November)

0 acceptances
[strike]1[/strike] 2 waitlist
[strike]12[/strike] 18 rejections
[strike]8[/strike] 1 waiting on


:shock: :shock:

foosh
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:37 pm

Re: In @ Nowhere Club

Postby foosh » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:00 pm

sunshinefairy wrote:Okay, so for those of us with pending applications - have any of you contacted the schools to "check on" your application? I'm nervous that calling or emailing will just piss admissions off. What have you done? think?

Thanks!

Yes it will piss them off don't do it.

EDIT: Per my experience with Berkeley (rejected), and Hastings (rejected)

Ev6strng
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:02 pm

Re: In @ Nowhere Club

Postby Ev6strng » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:06 pm

WL: 6
reject: 2
pending: 4

I think I'm done for this cycle, didn't apply until 1/22, hopefully that was the problem

blackmamba76
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:34 pm

Re: In @ Nowhere Club

Postby blackmamba76 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:38 pm

WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE GIVE ME AN ACCEPTANCE!

User avatar
hotdog123
Posts: 400
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:15 am

Re: In @ Nowhere Club

Postby hotdog123 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:28 pm

blackmamba76 wrote:WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE GIVE ME AN ACCEPTANCE!


this thread is like the dog pound.

ain't nobody want us.

--ImageRemoved--

who is gonna get put down next? :oops:

User avatar
FunkyJD
Posts: 1039
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:38 pm

Re: In @ Nowhere Club

Postby FunkyJD » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:03 pm

foosh wrote:
sunshinefairy wrote:Okay, so for those of us with pending applications - have any of you contacted the schools to "check on" your application? I'm nervous that calling or emailing will just piss admissions off. What have you done? think?

Thanks!

Yes it will piss them off don't do it.

EDIT: Per my experience with Berkeley (rejected), and Hastings (rejected)

If you call politely and explain your situation (need to know as critical deadlines approach), most schools don't have a problem with it, in my experience.

User avatar
sunshinefairy
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:47 pm

Re: In @ Nowhere Club

Postby sunshinefairy » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:18 pm

Okay so we're 1 to 1. Call or not to call?

FYI: I love you, In @ Nowhere Club.

User avatar
sunshinefairy
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:47 pm

Re: In @ Nowhere Club

Postby sunshinefairy » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:19 pm

DonnyMost wrote:
blackmamba76 wrote:WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE GIVE ME AN ACCEPTANCE!


this thread is like the dog pound.

ain't nobody want us.

--ImageRemoved--

who is gonna get put down next? :oops:


I just submitted my application to adopt you. No worries.

bagosian
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:36 pm

Re: In @ Nowhere Club

Postby bagosian » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:32 pm

4 rejections
11 pending
0 waitlists
0 acceptances

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: In @ Nowhere Club

Postby r6_philly » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:47 pm

Another day, another waitlist :D

User avatar
nematoad
Posts: 421
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:06 pm

Re: In @ Nowhere Club

Postby nematoad » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:52 pm

and so it continues
8 rejections
1 WL
6 pending. of which i have no chance at 4 and reaching for 1.

the safety school can go blow itself. Ill never go.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”