In @ Nowhere Club

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
zreinhar
Posts: 308
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 12:15 pm

Re: In @ Nowhere Club

Postby zreinhar » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:18 am

TTTennis wrote:
sunshinefairy wrote:...if you don't get into the right school with the right money do you just not go and stay home? (asks the 153 LSAT after taking it twice and studying my ass off)...


Honestly, in this economy, if you can't get into Harvard or Yale you shouldn't go to law school. :shock:


I always see these and have to remind myself they dont apply to me. Im prob going to a state school, on close to a full ride anyways, part-time while I work as a patent agent. The aforementioned state school has a pretty good regional presence in my field, in the region I currently live and want to work in....

User avatar
acoon624
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:53 pm

Re: In @ Nowhere Club

Postby acoon624 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:44 am

6 pendings
1 rejection
I guess I am joining the club...

tropskys
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:03 pm

Re: In @ Nowhere Club

Postby tropskys » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:53 am

acoon624 wrote:6 pendings
1 rejection
I guess I am joining the club...


T-Pain is a coon?! :lol:

User avatar
hotdog123
Posts: 400
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:15 am

Re: In @ Nowhere Club

Postby hotdog123 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:34 am

Well, we're all going to be in the club this week with Spring Break going on almost everywhere.

User avatar
sunshinefairy
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:47 pm

Re: In @ Nowhere Club

Postby sunshinefairy » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:32 pm

DonnyMost wrote:Well, we're all going to be in the club this week with Spring Break going on almost everywhere.


Not funny. Wah.

User avatar
hotdog123
Posts: 400
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:15 am

Re: In @ Nowhere Club

Postby hotdog123 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:33 pm

sunshinefairy wrote:
DonnyMost wrote:Well, we're all going to be in the club this week with Spring Break going on almost everywhere.


Not funny. Wah.


Look at it this way, we can only *decrease* in number from here on out.

User avatar
goosey
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:48 pm

Re: In @ Nowhere Club

Postby goosey » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:06 am

Thankfully leaving this club!!! In at Brooklyn today--its not much, but its an acceptance! And it was the lowest ranked I would go to in ny, so a relief!

User avatar
acoon624
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:53 pm

Re: In @ Nowhere Club

Postby acoon624 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:13 am

goosey wrote:Thankfully leaving this club!!! In at Brooklyn today--its not much, but its an acceptance! And it was the lowest ranked I would go to in ny, so a relief!




Congrats! Our group gets smaller but it's a good thing.

User avatar
hotdog123
Posts: 400
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:15 am

Re: In @ Nowhere Club

Postby hotdog123 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:25 am

goosey wrote:Thankfully leaving this club!!! In at Brooklyn today--its not much, but its an acceptance! And it was the lowest ranked I would go to in ny, so a relief!


Image

A bittersweet moment for us... congratulations.

User avatar
sunshinefairy
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:47 pm

Re: In @ Nowhere Club

Postby sunshinefairy » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:34 am

DonnyMost wrote:
goosey wrote:Thankfully leaving this club!!! In at Brooklyn today--its not much, but its an acceptance! And it was the lowest ranked I would go to in ny, so a relief!


Image

A bittersweet moment for us... congratulations.


In true In@NoWhere Club fashion, I think you should know that I literally JUST applied to Brooklyn. Congrats on your acceptance, sad to see you go, but yay for applying in MARCH!

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: In @ Nowhere Club

Postby robin600 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:22 pm

TTTennis wrote:
sunshinefairy wrote:...if you don't get into the right school with the right money do you just not go and stay home? (asks the 153 LSAT after taking it twice and studying my ass off)...


Honestly, in this economy, if you can't get into Harvard or Yale you shouldn't go to law school. :shock:

So not true! Don't confused the noobs!!!!!

hellokitty
Posts: 630
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:43 pm

Re: In @ Nowhere Club

Postby hellokitty » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:44 pm

Can I join?

I didn't get in anywhere that I would actually attend and I'm about to withdraw from that school anyways.

User avatar
hotdog123
Posts: 400
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:15 am

Re: In @ Nowhere Club

Postby hotdog123 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:49 pm

hellokitty wrote:Can I join?

I didn't get in anywhere that I would actually attend and I'm about to withdraw from that school anyways.


If you're not currently actively admitted a law school, then yes, you belong.

I did the same thing, got accepted to my "safety" and withdrew. Cut my parachute, so to speak.

User avatar
Lurkster
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:00 am

Re: In @ Nowhere Club

Postby Lurkster » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:30 pm

I might not make it out of this club during this cycle, and I think I've made peace with that.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: In @ Nowhere Club

Postby finalaspects » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:34 pm

DonnyMost wrote:
hellokitty wrote:Can I join?

I didn't get in anywhere that I would actually attend and I'm about to withdraw from that school anyways.


If you're not currently actively admitted a law school, then yes, you belong.

I did the same thing, got accepted to my "safety" and withdrew. Cut my parachute, so to speak.


why did you guys even bother applying to a school that you won't attend...

on a different note though... i think i might end up with the cycle with 0 acceptances... i have 3 waitlists (all else rejections) and only 4 schools remaining... 3 of which is a reject (according to LSP).... i might get accepted off the waitlist but then again i might not so im pretty screwed.... sigh

MissLucky
Posts: 903
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:48 pm

Re: In @ Nowhere Club

Postby MissLucky » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:23 pm

finalaspects wrote:
DonnyMost wrote:
hellokitty wrote:Can I join?

I didn't get in anywhere that I would actually attend and I'm about to withdraw from that school anyways.


If you're not currently actively admitted a law school, then yes, you belong.

I did the same thing, got accepted to my "safety" and withdrew. Cut my parachute, so to speak.


why did you guys even bother applying to a school that you won't attend...

on a different note though... i think i might end up with the cycle with 0 acceptances... i have 3 waitlists (all else rejections) and only 4 schools remaining... 3 of which is a reject (according to LSP).... i might get accepted off the waitlist but then again i might not so im pretty screwed.... sigh


similar situation. fml.

User avatar
hotdog123
Posts: 400
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:15 am

Re: In @ Nowhere Club

Postby hotdog123 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:32 pm

finalaspects wrote:
DonnyMost wrote:
hellokitty wrote:Can I join?

I didn't get in anywhere that I would actually attend and I'm about to withdraw from that school anyways.


If you're not currently actively admitted a law school, then yes, you belong.

I did the same thing, got accepted to my "safety" and withdrew. Cut my parachute, so to speak.


why did you guys even bother applying to a school that you won't attend...

on a different note though... i think i might end up with the cycle with 0 acceptances... i have 3 waitlists (all else rejections) and only 4 schools remaining... 3 of which is a reject (according to LSP).... i might get accepted off the waitlist but then again i might not so im pretty screwed.... sigh


It was my best shot at a scholarship.

They didn't offer, so I withdrew.

If I'm gonna pay sticker, might as well go where I want.

User avatar
JCougar
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: In @ Nowhere Club

Postby JCougar » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:28 pm

Well, I'm out. I got accepted into one of my safeties today. It's the first place I've heard back from out of 13 schools. I have a DLIT from UF in the mail as well.

Still, the safety admit does me no good until I find out their scholly info, which has yet to come. No way I would attend at sticker. But at least I know that one of my LORs didn't burn me or something crazy like that. :)

Z3RO
Posts: 526
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:57 am

Re: In @ Nowhere Club

Postby Z3RO » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:47 pm

Von Schlieffen wrote:
hellokitty wrote:
Von Schlieffen wrote:Pretty big splitter, here.

Applied to 12 schools with a 177, 3.36.

2 rejections.
1 wait list.
0 acceptances.

Feeling nervous.


Where did you apply? I would sell a kidney for that LSAT score. No Joke.


Harvard, Yale, Stanford, Columbia, Chicago, NYU, Penn, Michigan, Cornell, Duke, Georgetown

I guess that's 11 schools.

Please tell me that you're still waiting to hear from NYU. I have a similar LSAT and I'm praying it carries me in.

Von Schlieffen
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:25 pm

Re: In @ Nowhere Club

Postby Von Schlieffen » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:58 pm

Z3RO wrote:
Von Schlieffen wrote:
hellokitty wrote:
Von Schlieffen wrote:Pretty big splitter, here.

Applied to 12 schools with a 177, 3.36.

2 rejections.
1 wait list.
0 acceptances.

Feeling nervous.


Where did you apply? I would sell a kidney for that LSAT score. No Joke.


Harvard, Yale, Stanford, Columbia, Chicago, NYU, Penn, Michigan, Cornell, Duke, Georgetown

I guess that's 11 schools.

Please tell me that you're still waiting to hear from NYU. I have a similar LSAT and I'm praying it carries me in.


NYU hasn't rejected me...yet.

User avatar
sunshinefairy
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:47 pm

Re: In @ Nowhere Club

Postby sunshinefairy » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:07 pm

MissLucky wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
DonnyMost wrote:
hellokitty wrote:Can I join?

I didn't get in anywhere that I would actually attend and I'm about to withdraw from that school anyways.


If you're not currently actively admitted a law school, then yes, you belong.

I did the same thing, got accepted to my "safety" and withdrew. Cut my parachute, so to speak.


why did you guys even bother applying to a school that you won't attend...

on a different note though... i think i might end up with the cycle with 0 acceptances... i have 3 waitlists (all else rejections) and only 4 schools remaining... 3 of which is a reject (according to LSP).... i might get accepted off the waitlist but then again i might not so im pretty screwed.... sigh


similar situation. fml.


Stay positive with me people! I'm spreading some positive energy hippie love to all of us.

User avatar
sunshinefairy
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:47 pm

Re: In @ Nowhere Club

Postby sunshinefairy » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:08 pm

hellokitty wrote:Can I join?

I didn't get in anywhere that I would actually attend and I'm about to withdraw from that school anyways.


This is the best thread on TLS. Welcome!

User avatar
hotdog123
Posts: 400
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:15 am

Re: In @ Nowhere Club

Postby hotdog123 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:14 am

Good morning, club nowhere.

How we all feeling today?

Foosters Galore
Posts: 305
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:15 pm

Re: In @ Nowhere Club

Postby Foosters Galore » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:37 pm

well I'm still here...yay. Have still only heard back from 2 of the 12 schools applied to in early January. I have a feeling that sometime this fall, I'll have forgotten all about this law school stuff. Ill be living a new life, maybe with a wife and kids, new job (im thinking something outdoors) when the mailman will drive up the elm lined driveway and slowly get out of his little mail van. He will sheepishly walk up to me and, nervously rubbing the back of his neck and staring at the leaves he's anxiously toeing with his ragged mail boots, he will apologize for losing this package some time back. he will hand over a thick manilla envelope that appears to have been through hell and back. Inside I will find an acceptance letter. I will slowly look up to the sky and exclaim "Yes....I remember now" and a single tear will run down my cheek.




EDIT: The two Ive heard from have been a WL and a ding

blackmamba76
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:34 pm

Re: In @ Nowhere Club

Postby blackmamba76 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:05 pm

[strike]3 Rejections[/strike] 6 Rejections
[strike]15 Pending[/strike] 12 Pending (lsac waiver)

Seriously reach drunk!
Last edited by blackmamba76 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 11 guests