In @ Nowhere Club

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
r6_philly

Re: In @ Nowhere Club

Postby r6_philly » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:59 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
r6_philly wrote:WL @ Penn
10 Pending

I think you should be able to laugh at my cycle now.

Penn yield protects, so I wouldn't be too worried yet.

You think my WL is YP? I wrote a why penn essay and I am from here, and 2 of my LOR's are Penn grads... I think short of ED I can't be any clearer of my affection for Penn. Maybe I should send flowers?

I guess not then. You applied late during a cycle where everyone is running back to school. Be patient and don't be afraid to scrap this cycle and apply next year early.

I will probably do that. Get my apps in before Oct. I knew it may turn into this, and I am glad I didn't get rejected. Still stings though. I will mostlikey get YP'ed at everywhere below(M/V/D/G) and WL'ed at everywhere above (C/N). Here is hoping for Y! :D

I think I may win this thread.

Postby 09042014 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:13 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
Penn yield protects, so I wouldn't be too worried yet.

You think my WL is YP? I wrote a why penn essay and I am from here, and 2 of my LOR's are Penn grads... I think short of ED I can't be any clearer of my affection for Penn. Maybe I should send flowers?

I guess not then. You applied late during a cycle where everyone is running back to school. Be patient and don't be afraid to scrap this cycle and apply next year early.

I will probably do that. Get my apps in before Oct. I knew it may turn into this, and I am glad I didn't get rejected. Still stings though. I will mostlikey get YP'ed at everywhere below(M/V/D/G) and WL'ed at everywhere above (C/N). Here is hoping for Y! :D

I think I may win this thread.

Actually not a lot of schools YP. Gtown and Duke will accept high numbers, unless they have a bad app that suggests they are a safety.

Even if M YPs you, if you stay on the wait list you'll have a good shot.

If I were you wouldn't settle for MVDG without scholarship money.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:19 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Actually not a lot of schools YP. Gtown and Duke will accept high numbers, unless they have a bad app that suggests they are a safety.

Even if M YPs you, if you stay on the wait list you'll have a good shot.

If I were you wouldn't settle for MVDG without scholarship money.

Thanks, that's my thought as well. I figured I might have a good chance at maybe some $ at Penn if I applied early, now that I got a decent score I think I will reapply early and try to get some $. I was working with the assumption that I would get around a 168 then I will go where I am taken. But now I may have more options. My GPA should be up to a 3.92 by Sept. I guess softs really don't matter much when the class is full lol

sunshinefairy

Postby sunshinefairy » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:31 pm

I used to get excited when netflix came in the mail...now I curse the empty mailbox with just one little red DVD package in it...damn you, mailman

the_rad_trad

Postby the_rad_trad » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:37 pm

sunshinefairy wrote:I used to get excited when netflix came in the mail...now I curse the empty mailbox with just one little red DVD package in it...damn you, mailman

+1

hotdog123

Postby hotdog123 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:39 pm

At least you haven't moved (when I say move, I mean like literally had to pack up your stuff and MOVE) twice in the past 6 weeks.

Try that for creating admissions letter paranoia syndrome.
Last edited by hotdog123 on Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

hv1

Postby hv1 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:43 pm

well, looks like March from here on out is certainly going to be the end of a lot of anxiety -- or the creation of more. savor the last few drops of being in the mix.

the_rad_trad

Postby the_rad_trad » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:51 pm

Personally, I think that I'd rather see some movement, showing that they're at least looking at my application. The ones that haven't moved make me think that they're all going to be rejections because they're taking so long to review them.

All it takes is one acceptance, just one stinking packet.

sunshinefairy

Postby sunshinefairy » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:57 pm

the_rad_trad wrote:Personally, I think that I'd rather see some movement, showing that they're at least looking at my application. The ones that haven't moved make me think that they're all going to be rejections because they're taking so long to review them.

I totally agree. I just want my status checker to say "in review." Law School Numbers.com has ruined my life. This thread makes me feel normal - thank you fellow non-acceptees.

hotdog123

Postby hotdog123 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:59 pm

the_rad_trad wrote:Personally, I think that I'd rather see some movement, showing that they're at least looking at my application. The ones that haven't moved make me think that they're all going to be rejections because they're taking so long to review them.

When I say "move" I meant having to change addresses.

I'm playing this awesome game of chicken with the admissions offices and the USPS when it comes to keeping my correct address on file for such important letters.

the_rad_trad

Postby the_rad_trad » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:03 pm

Well, better than having a complete file for a LONG time. Not that I've been waiting as long as some people. It's just so frustrating, this whole process.

the_rad_trad

Postby the_rad_trad » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:06 pm

And you know, I've also come to the realization that I might just have to take a year off and work, then reapply early next cycle. It'll be a longer wait, but worth it if I'm really going to be WL or rejected everywhere.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:31 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
r6_philly wrote:I read on LSAC stats that over 50% of 30-40 YO applicants don't get accepted to any school. I hope I don't end up one of them for applying this late.

You LSN is epic pro east coast trolling!

That's cause no one on the other coast wanted to take a Feb score. Apparently they knew better!

johnstuartmill

Postby johnstuartmill » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:56 pm

This was me last year. I was waitlisted at UCLA, Georgetown, Northwestern, Virginia, Michigan, and Columbia, and rejected at Berkeley, Penn, Chicago, and Harvard. I retook the LSAT, applied early this year, and now I'm in at Chicago. So even if the worst case scenario happens for you this year, don't lose hope.

the_rad_trad

Postby the_rad_trad » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:00 pm

johnstuartmill wrote:This was me last year. I was waitlisted at UCLA, Georgetown, Northwestern, Virginia, Michigan, and Columbia, and rejected at Berkeley, Penn, Chicago, and Harvard. I retook the LSAT, applied early this year, and now I'm in at Chicago. So even if the worst case scenario happens for you this year, don't lose hope.

This is good to know. IF you don't mind me asking, I'm assuming you had an increase in your LSAT score, what was the increase?

johnstuartmill

Postby johnstuartmill » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:04 pm

Five points. I'm sure that's what made a lot of the difference, but a five point jump is very doable for most people.

the_rad_trad

Postby the_rad_trad » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:09 pm

Five points for me would be absolutely awesome because my score is such that I'm just in between most schools. If it comes down to that for me, and it's looking that way, I'll be spending all summer (again) studying my ass off for it.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:51 pm

the_rad_trad wrote:Five points for me would be absolutely awesome because my score is such that I'm just in between most schools. If it comes down to that for me, and it's looking that way, I'll be spending all summer (again) studying my ass off for it.

My crappy 1 point jump probably got me in at Vandy. Seriously. Retake if you can.

kaydish21

Postby kaydish21 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:09 pm

rad law wrote:
the_rad_trad wrote:Five points for me would be absolutely awesome because my score is such that I'm just in between most schools. If it comes down to that for me, and it's looking that way, I'll be spending all summer (again) studying my ass off for it.

My crappy 1 point jump probably got me in at Vandy. Seriously. Retake if you can.

+1. My 8 point jump moved me up a lot of schools I'm sure

nematoad

Postby nematoad » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:18 pm

oh oh i belong!

4 rejections
12 pending

reach heavy. Wouldnt have it any other way.

hotdog123

Postby hotdog123 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:20 pm

nematoad wrote:oh oh i belong!

4 rejections
12 pending

that's my boy!

glad there's somebody else out there who jumped without a parachute

nematoad

Postby nematoad » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:27 pm

base jumper all the friggin way

DonnyMost wrote:
nematoad wrote:oh oh i belong!

4 rejections
12 pending

that's my boy!

glad there's somebody else out there who jumped without a parachute

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:52 pm

So far, I'm a February retaker, and I'm:

13 pending
0 admits
0 rejections
0 waitlists

To be fair, I sent most of my apps in in January and they were just held until I got my February score. I did apply to 4 extra schools with my new score though.

I've spent this week being excited about going complete rather than being excited about getting accepted. I really hope this doesn't hurt me. 3 of my top 5 targets are splitter-friendly, though. I CAN NOT TAKE another year of working at my job.

Z3RO

Postby Z3RO » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:01 pm

DonnyMost wrote:Image

I've read that book completely in German, and I still don't have any acceptances.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:05 pm

JCougar wrote:So far, I'm a February retaker, and I'm:

13 pending
0 admits
0 rejections
0 waitlists

To be fair, I sent most of my apps in in January and they were just held until I got my February score. I did apply to 4 extra schools with my new score though.

I've spent this week being excited about going complete rather than being excited about getting accepted. I really hope this doesn't hurt me. 3 of my top 5 targets are splitter-friendly, though. I CAN NOT TAKE another year of working at my job.

I felt like you for 2 days, very excited with a good score. then 2 days later I get my first WL. So now the excitement about being complete is completely gone. I wish my first was an acceptance so I can keep the excitement going!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”