In @ Nowhere Club Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
HazelEyes

Bronze

Re: In @ Nowhere Club

Post by HazelEyes » Thu May 13, 2010 10:11 am

askhos wrote:
lovelyannalove wrote:I did more than 20 pts higher on my pre-tests so if I decide to shoot for UNC I will have to retake (on a day that I DON'T find out my boyfriend of six years had a girl sleepover while I was out studying!)
When I applied to graduate school sometime back my girlfriend of six years cheated on me with one of my friends. The next week I got rejection letters from all of the schools I applied to. She ended up at Columbia in some master's program. Currently I'm struggling to see if one of the T14 accept me.

The moral of the story is that perseverance is the patently irrational thing to do, but for some reason we do it anyway.
Maybe you should both hook up?

HazelEyes

Bronze

Post by HazelEyes » Thu May 13, 2010 10:13 am

On another note:
Rejected: 3
Waitlist: 2
Pending: 2
Accepted: 0

AWESOME! :oops:

askhos

New

Post by askhos » Thu May 13, 2010 11:16 pm

HazelEyes wrote:
askhos wrote:
lovelyannalove wrote:I did more than 20 pts higher on my pre-tests so if I decide to shoot for UNC I will have to retake (on a day that I DON'T find out my boyfriend of six years had a girl sleepover while I was out studying!)
When I applied to graduate school sometime back my girlfriend of six years cheated on me with one of my friends. The next week I got rejection letters from all of the schools I applied to. She ended up at Columbia in some master's program. Currently I'm struggling to see if one of the T14 accept me.

The moral of the story is that perseverance is the patently irrational thing to do, but for some reason we do it anyway.
This makes me wonder how many people hook up on TLS.

MissLucky

Silver

Post by MissLucky » Fri May 14, 2010 10:34 am

askhos wrote:
HazelEyes wrote:
askhos wrote:

This makes me wonder how many people hook up on TLS.
does it happen?

lmarie81

New

Post by lmarie81 » Tue May 18, 2010 3:33 pm

I saw in another thread that there have been two marriages from TLS... no clue who though.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

HazelEyes

Bronze

Post by HazelEyes » Mon May 24, 2010 5:02 pm

Well Case Western just waitlisted me too.

Now it's 3 waitlists
3 rejections
1 pending.

2011 is looking more and more like a reality.

CmonSD

Bronze

Post by CmonSD » Tue May 25, 2010 11:09 am

HazelEyes wrote: 2011 is looking more and more like a reality.

+1

AdamatUCF

Bronze

Post by AdamatUCF » Tue May 25, 2010 12:18 pm

HazelEyes wrote:2011 is looking more and more like a reality.
+2

AdamatUCF

Bronze

Post by AdamatUCF » Wed May 26, 2010 4:42 pm

Well friends,

It is with a not-so-heavy heart that I must leave this club. I heard from Cornell today, and they accepted me! So fear not, if it can happen to me, it can happen to you! Good news may be just around the corner!

5 rejections, 1 WL->Rejection, and 3 Waitlist don't mean that the one school you're waiting to hear from won't say "yes" !

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

HazelEyes

Bronze

Post by HazelEyes » Wed May 26, 2010 5:45 pm

AdamatUCF wrote:Well friends,

It is with a not-so-heavy heart that I must leave this club. I heard from Cornell today, and they accepted me! So fear not, if it can happen to me, it can happen to you! Good news may be just around the corner!

5 rejections, 1 WL->Rejection, and 3 Waitlist don't mean that the one school you're waiting to hear from won't say "yes" !
I really want to hate you, but your LSAT score was pretty awesome, so congrats!

Also, i'm hopeful I may be out of this club soon too.

cigarman

New

Post by cigarman » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:23 pm

Is it too late to join?
I didn't even APPLY until End of May to any schools (for 2010!) and Just took the LSAT two weeks ago! That should make me like slacker third class or something in this forum! :wink:

6 File Not complete
0 Pending
0 WL
0 Rejected
-0 admitted

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:15 am

So hows everyone doing? Anyone ready for the next cycle?

MissLucky

Silver

Post by MissLucky » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:14 am

r6_philly wrote:So hows everyone doing? Anyone ready for the next cycle?

dude this sucks. that means i will have to take an LSAT for the third time. HOW? what fresh materials could I possibly use?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:17 am

MissLucky wrote:

dude this sucks. that means i will have to take an LSAT for the third time. HOW? what fresh materials could I possibly use?
Are you still in at nowhere? Still on the WUSTL waitlist?

MissLucky

Silver

Post by MissLucky » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:47 am

romothesavior wrote:
MissLucky wrote:

unfortunately, yes :( on 5 WL and none have come through yet...all hope has left me...

lmarie81

New

Post by lmarie81 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:22 pm

So... any threads that anyone knows of (I have looked around, didn't find any yet) on reapplying?

As 2011 looks more and more like a reality, I am starting to wonder what all needs to be redone? How many different ways can I state a GPA addendum or LOR?

Anyone go through this yet, thoughts?

Adjudicator

Silver

Post by Adjudicator » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:56 pm

Man, is there anything worse than spending the whole summer on waiting lists and never hearing any good news? I basically didn't do anything or go anywhere all summer because I was convinced that good news was on the way. It never came.

I even got waitlisted by Willamette University College of Law, which travels back and forth between tiers 3 and 4. I wouldn't even have attended if I got accepted. And they called me a few weeks ago to basically ask if they can take me off the waiting list and ask me to reapply next time.

But, I feel much more optimistic about this cycle... my application is stronger, I'm retaking the LSAT in December, and I'm going to have all my applications in early.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

servinDizzert

New

Post by servinDizzert » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:58 pm

MissLucky wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
MissLucky wrote:

unfortunately, yes :( on 5 WL and none have come through yet...all hope has left me...
I am in the EXACT same boat as you MissLucky...if that makes you feel any better :?

aleighp

New

Post by aleighp » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:18 am

STILL in the club :cry:

I am trying my darndest to study for the LSAT to take it this October. I cannot find much motivation - like I can only do two - four sections a week, broken up. Or, sitting down to take the practice tests and getting up 5 minutes later, all sad and shit. And, I find myself questioning whether or not I will re-apply. You know like, maybe it's just not in my cards.

For those of you who will be re-applying (to the same schools you're currently WL at) are you writing a completely new PS? What about LORs? If I do re-apply I'll probably change up my PS a little, but I won't get new LORs.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:12 pm

I am rewriting my PS (on the same topic), DS, and getting new LOR from the same profs. I will however ask them to write school specific letters. There are actually more things to recommend anyway... I would love to get my grad school profs. to write LOR's for me, but since I am just starting , I doubt that's going to happen right now.

existenz

Silver

Post by existenz » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:19 pm

r6_philly wrote:I am rewriting my PS (on the same topic), DS, and getting new LOR from the same profs. I will however ask them to write school specific letters. There are actually more things to recommend anyway... I would love to get my grad school profs. to write LOR's for me, but since I am just starting , I doubt that's going to happen right now.
You're reapplying? I thought you got into Mich? Hoping to get more scholly $$ this next cycle?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:29 pm

existenz wrote:
r6_philly wrote:I am rewriting my PS (on the same topic), DS, and getting new LOR from the same profs. I will however ask them to write school specific letters. There are actually more things to recommend anyway... I would love to get my grad school profs. to write LOR's for me, but since I am just starting , I doubt that's going to happen right now.
You're reapplying? I thought you got into Mich? Hoping to get more scholly $$ this next cycle?
I did, with a scholarship too, but we couldn't move out of state because of family issues. I am reapplying to the top 3 but I may end up at Penn because at this point, it would just be way less trouble and way less cost to go to Penn. I guess I will apply to HYSCNP and see what I can make happen...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”