In @ Nowhere Club Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
BenJ

Silver

Re: In @ Nowhere Club

Post by BenJ » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:51 pm

I would guess that it's the GPA. A 3.36 is a pretty big red flag. You can get over it with a very high LSAT or many years of work experience and a high LSAT; I don't know your LSAT, but there were people with 174 LSATs and similar GPAs waitlisted at GULC last year. Coming straight out of undergrad makes a mediocre GPA look worse.

Snowdrifter

New

Post by Snowdrifter » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:54 pm

I applied in 2 waves.

I went complete to my first batch (about 8 schools) in the second week of October. I had acceptances by January, and decisions from all of them by end of March.

The second batch (4 schools that sent my fee waivers)... I went complete at these in January. I didn't hear back from them until March-April.

Basically, because of the increase in admissions this year, and because these things tend to happen chronologically... if you were complete after Christmas, don't worry. You will get responses.

Now if you're waitlisted at most of your schools and admitted at none... that sucks. :( I applied to all of my fee waiver schools so that I had some decent safeties to fall back on if I had a terrible cycle.

prelaw10

New

Post by prelaw10 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:45 pm

Wait listed at 3
Rejected at 2
Pending at 10?

Lurkster

Bronze

Post by Lurkster » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:27 am

Von Schlieffen wrote:I thought that with my LSAT, Georgetown would have been a shoo-in.
I would have thought that too, as I thought about my own LSAT. I applied in mid Nov, my GPA is also TTT (slightly moreso than yours).
Von Schlieffen wrote:Should I have avoided mentioning the fact I was an economic conservative in my application letter?
Probably.
Von Schlieffen wrote:I'm afraid it's increasingly likely I won't get into any lawl skool this cycle. I need a hug.
Me too. Don't really want to do this all over again next cycle, and if I do, it'll definitely be the last time.

Burnsie

New

Post by Burnsie » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:25 pm

Denied at Northeastern. I am getting good at rejection...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

vlsorbust

New

Post by vlsorbust » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:07 am

Me too:

2 WL
3 Rejections
9 Pending

:cry:

nuss3

New

Post by nuss3 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:01 am

4 Waitlists
7 Rejections
1 Hold
7 Pending

2 of the pending are almost certainly rejections, and a 3rd is close to that territory....even my safety schools have told me to fuck off.

fml.

hotdog123

Bronze

Post by hotdog123 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:22 pm

DonnyMost wrote: Rejections: [strike]2[/strike] 4
Waitlists: 5
Pending: [strike]8[/strike] 6
The bloodbath is on.

--ImageRemoved--

Grab a towel!

nuss3

New

Post by nuss3 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:25 pm

nuss3 wrote:4 Waitlists
[strike]7[/strike]8 Rejections
1 Hold
[strike]7[/strike]6 Pending

2 of the pending are almost certainly rejections, and a 3rd is close to that territory....even my safety schools have told me to fuck off.

fml.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:29 pm

nuss3 wrote:
nuss3 wrote:4 Waitlists
[strike]7[/strike]8 Rejections
1 Hold
[strike]7[/strike]6 Pending

fml.
I feel like you have a good shot at M. They seem to be overly cautious to not over admit this year. There will be people getting in off WL. Maybe lots.

nuss3

New

Post by nuss3 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:11 pm

thanks for the vote of confidence r6! i'm counting on it...i wish they'd give us an estimate of how many are on the WL.

edit: don't know if you were at michigan's ASW, but if you were, did you happen to hear anything that might in any way pertain to waitlisters...? i'm grasping at straws at this point lol

AdmiralNelson

New

Post by AdmiralNelson » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:47 am

Still.

0 Acceptance
2 Rejections
3 Waitlists

5 pending: 2 held, 1 interview, 2 cold silence.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:23 am

AdmiralNelson wrote:Still.

0 Acceptance
2 Rejections
3 Waitlists

5 pending: 2 held, 1 interview, 2 cold silence.
I only got one, but I think you will be fine, might just have to wait a bit longer. I hope everything is settled in the next 2 weeks though. Or I will start preppin for the June LSAT. I realized how much money 2-3 points mean finally :shock:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

cavortingbeastie

New

Post by cavortingbeastie » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:29 pm

Von Schlieffen wrote:Waitlisted by Georgetown. Don't get me wrong, it's an incredible school and I would have been so grateful to have gotten in, but I thought that with my LSAT, Georgetown would have been a shoo-in.

I had a lot of smart people read over my application and after rounds and rounds of edits, everyone who read them said my essays were great (professors, parents, pre-law advisor, friends). I made sure to check with my professors that each would be able to give me an enthusiastic recommendation. I was arrested for alcohol in college, but I was under the impression that's not a huge deal. I thought my Dean liked me, but perhaps his letter wasn't as positive as I thought it would be.

Is my 3.36 a huge red flag? Did I get my applications in too late (early December)? Should I have avoided mentioning the fact I was an economic conservative in my application letter? What did I do wrong?

Gahhhh. Freaking out right now, I'm probably being irrational, but that doesn't mitigate the fact I am freaking out. I'm afraid it's increasingly likely I won't get into any law school this cycle. I need a hug.
Which waitlist are you riding? With your 177 I'd imagine you're on the special preferred. I don't think all is lost yet. They're probably just waiting to see who accepts admission.

ToriM

New

Post by ToriM » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:05 pm

2- Waitlists
1- Rejection
7- Pending

Why, why did I apply so late? And only to reaches...

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:31 pm

ToriM wrote:And only to reaches...
Dream big or don't dream!

Good luck! :)

Von Schlieffen

New

Post by Von Schlieffen » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:47 pm

cavortingbeastie wrote:
Von Schlieffen wrote:Waitlisted by Georgetown. Don't get me wrong, it's an incredible school and I would have been so grateful to have gotten in, but I thought that with my LSAT, Georgetown would have been a shoo-in.

I had a lot of smart people read over my application and after rounds and rounds of edits, everyone who read them said my essays were great (professors, parents, pre-law advisor, friends). I made sure to check with my professors that each would be able to give me an enthusiastic recommendation. I was arrested for alcohol in college, but I was under the impression that's not a huge deal. I thought my Dean liked me, but perhaps his letter wasn't as positive as I thought it would be.

Is my 3.36 a huge red flag? Did I get my applications in too late (early December)? Should I have avoided mentioning the fact I was an economic conservative in my application letter? What did I do wrong?

Gahhhh. Freaking out right now, I'm probably being irrational, but that doesn't mitigate the fact I am freaking out. I'm afraid it's increasingly likely I won't get into any law school this cycle. I need a hug.
Which waitlist are you riding? With your 177 I'd imagine you're on the special preferred. I don't think all is lost yet. They're probably just waiting to see who accepts admission.
Nope. I'm on the regular old waitlist.

Today I just got two more wait lists. On reserve at Columbia and waitlisted at Chicago.

I'll make sure to apply to a broader range of schools next year, and an extra year of waiting before law school won't kill me.

Waitlists: 4
Rejections: 2
No response: 4

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

hellokitty

Bronze

Post by hellokitty » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:53 pm

I'm still here too :(

1 Acceptance (Withdrawn)
1 Waitlist
1 Rejection
5 Pending

I haven't heard anything in 3 weeks!! For my sanity, I need the rest of my rejections and WLs this week!

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:58 pm

hellokitty wrote:I'm still here too :(

1 Acceptance (Withdrawn)
1 Waitlist
1 Rejection
5 Pending

I haven't heard anything in 3 weeks!! For my sanity, I need the rest of my rejections and WLs this week!
I did't know you wanted to be in this club THAT bad! :shock:

Good luck though :)

hellokitty

Bronze

Post by hellokitty » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:00 pm

r6_philly wrote:
hellokitty wrote:I'm still here too :(

1 Acceptance (Withdrawn)
1 Waitlist
1 Rejection
5 Pending

I did't know you wanted to be in this club THAT bad! :shock:

Good luck though :)
Lol, I don't want to attend any of the 'Pending' schools. I'm in until next cycle :wink:

And Good luck to you!

AdmiralNelson

New

Post by AdmiralNelson » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:15 pm

An exquisite disaster. Just 4 more to complete a winless season.

0 Admit
3 Reject
3 WL
4 Pending (2 holds)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Mellojello7

New

Post by Mellojello7 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:34 pm

Today was the first time in 2 months that I heard something from a school. Of course, I was rejected. Life is good...

vlsorbust

New

Post by vlsorbust » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:56 pm

Very surprised to hear back from anyone today, especially a school that quoted a 10-wk turnaround (it was more like 6), but alas, another waitlist.

That brings my total to:

3 rejections
3 waitlists
8 pending

I haven't gone to status checker in a few days, though.
Disappointment is a lot easier to handle in small doses.

hellokitty

Bronze

Post by hellokitty » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:58 pm

vlsorbust wrote: Disappointment is a lot easier to handle in small doses.
TITCR.

daisuki

New

Post by daisuki » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:44 am

No law school for me for the 2nd year in a row..I probably have to accept that my UG GPA may shut me out from all top CA schools forever, not sure (another) retake would compensate for that even if I scored in the low 170s..

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”