Brooklyn Law $$$ vs. Rutgers Newark $$$ Please Help!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Bline001

Brooklyn Law $$$ vs. Rutgers Newark $$$ Please Help!

Postby Bline001 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:38 pm

Hey everyone! I know this is a topic that has been discussed on other threads, but none really hit the real source of my indecision.

I've recently been accepted to both Rutger-Newark and BLS with scholarships that make the two extremely close in cost. My current goal is to work BigLAW, either in NJ or NYC. I know that at either of these schools I will have to be top of my class and I also understand that this is in no way guaranteed just because I wish it to be.

Since being offered admission BLS has been great about having alumni and current students contact me. I've also been invited to a reception at a very prestigious law firm in NYC which certainly impressed me a bit. However, I realize that a schools ability to "wine and dine" is far from the best reason to choose a Law School.

That being said, does anyone have any insight into the quality of the two programs? Is one school better at preparing students for corporate law? Is it more difficult to rank high in the class at BLS or Rutgers?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Bline001

Re: Brooklyn Law $$$ vs. Rutgers Newark $$$ Please Help!

Postby Bline001 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:57 pm

Anyone? Please.

Luis Gomez

Re: Brooklyn Law $$$ vs. Rutgers Newark $$$ Please Help!

Postby Luis Gomez » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:00 pm

Include a poll in this thread.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”