Most People Ever at Columbia ASD. Why? Too much YP below?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Roseland

Most People Ever at Columbia ASD. Why? Too much YP below?

Postby Roseland » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:20 pm

I heard administrators announced at Columbia's admitted student's day this week that this was the most heavily attended ASD in Columbia's history.
I am wondering why? Did Columbia over admit? Did the schools below them under admit and waitlist too many in YP mode?
I am riding a waitlist at a school below Columbia that I really want to attend, and wondering what the overload of students at Columbia's admitted student's day means?
As far as Columbia is concerned it could suggest that Columbia may stop admitting and/or take no one off the waitlist after this past week's crush of Admitted Students.
But what about the rest of the T10 waitlists? Should we all just give up hope?
Thoughts anyone?

Dtackpat75

Re: Most People Ever at Columbia ASD. Why? Too much YP below?

Postby Dtackpat75 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:23 pm

I find that hard to believe as it seems alot of people who had rsvp'd did not actually come. That being said I was definitely thoroughly impressed. Now if there was only some way to not have to take out $70,000 in loans a year.

sundevil77

Postby sundevil77 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:25 pm

We should all just boycott law school this coming year. That'll teach 'em a lesson. Workers of the world, unite!

adameus

Postby adameus » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:26 pm

Columbia is going to end up with a class of 1500

Dignan

Postby Dignan » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:30 pm

Roseland wrote:I heard administrators announced at Columbia's admitted student's day this week that this was the most heavily attended ASD in Columbia's history.
I am wondering why? Did Columbia over admit? Did the schools below them under admit and waitlist too many in YP mode?

This is anecdotal, but it seemed like half the people I talked to were already accepted by either H or S. Although a couple sounded like they might actually pick CLS over the other schools, most in the H/S group seemed to be going through the motions of checking out the school.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”