Advice RE: updating LOR from same professor

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
tommytahoe

Advice RE: updating LOR from same professor

Postby tommytahoe » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:09 am

So, I am on the WL at a T14 school, and would love to somehow impress them with my updated transcript, WE, the fact that I'm training to ride a Century (100 mile) bike ride in two months LoL

Anyway, one of my LOR professors has had the good fortune of teaching me again, and in thew process he has seen my abilities and contributions in greater detail, and I have had several discussions with him outside of class in RE: politics and law, etc...

In short, I feel he could provide real ballast to my LOR collection, since his original LOR was after just one quarter of teaching me.

What do you think? Is that accepted, generally? I know soem schools are like "Don't send us stuff unless we ask for it!" The T14 school is GULC, btw.

thanks

existenz

Re: Advice RE: updating LOR from same professor

Postby existenz » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:47 am

Don't.

Additional LORs don't make that big of a difference, and an additional LOR from the same professor who ALREADY wrote you one would just look redundant.

p.s. - this should have gone in the Admissions Forum, btw.

tommytahoe

Re: Advice RE: updating LOR from same professor

Postby tommytahoe » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:52 am

Thanks for that.

I disagree, respectfully. I am on the Waitlist, and figured that others like me on the waitlist, who may better know the answer to my question, would be likely to be found here on this board.

Turns out I was right. :D

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”