What's the deal with March?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ValiantVic

What's the deal with March?

Postby ValiantVic » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:57 pm

It's mostly dings and WLs right?

redbutton

Re: What's the deal with March?

Postby redbutton » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:00 pm

I was just about to post the same question!!!

If anyone has any ideas about this, I'd love to know.

I've head back from half of the schools I applied to and have been accepted to them, but I'm fearing that the fact that I haven't heard back from the other half (most of which are ranked higher) means I've been rejected.

waverider

Postby waverider » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:07 pm

Depends on the school. From what I can tell if the school has rolling admissions this may imply that you are either waitlist, rejection, or borderline acceptance (ie that you are not an auto admit).

If the school does not have rolling admissions it may mean very little.

I certainly wouldn't give up hope.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:10 pm

no from what i've seen it seems like March is the last month where they usually send out mass acceptances. starting in april is when rejections and waitlists go out. there are a couple of acceptances in april but looks like more then 90% in april are all rejections or waitlists.

a lot of schools give out acceptances until the end of march so until april we wait.

existenz

Postby existenz » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:13 pm

finalaspects wrote:no from what i've seen it seems like March is the last month where they usually send out mass acceptances. starting in april is when rejections and waitlists go out. there are a couple of acceptances in april but looks like more then 90% in april are all rejections or waitlists.

a lot of schools give out acceptances until the end of march so until april we wait.

Hope so. LSN does not look very hopeful when you start searching for T14 admissions in March.

Perhaps this cycle is just slower than usual because of the record number of applications.

jfk20

Postby jfk20 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:07 pm

Does anyone know if most classes are full by March? I would think that schools would want people to come to their ASW, most of which are in a few weeks....and in order to come most people would need some advanced notice.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:09 pm

jfk20 wrote:Does anyone know if most classes are full by March? I would think that schools would want people to come to their ASW, most of which are in a few weeks....and in order to come most people would need some advanced notice.

most deposits are due by april so schools usually don't know until then. it happens that sometimes they overfill a class but they are forced to accept everyone so they need to be careful. if not enough people put their seat deposit down, then they start looking at waitlists to accept more.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”